Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

TomTom - XL 340M LIVE 4.3" GPS
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
SOLD OUT ONLINE
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The "was $240" part is a little silly, MC. You can get the newer model of this for $104 shipped on Amazon.

respdoc said:   The "was $240" part is a little silly, MC. You can get the newer model of this for $104 shipped on Amazon.

yeah, meant to just put "list", not was. will fix it.

Does anyone know if this is "Lifetime Traffic" as I read on SD that it might be for 3 months only then it's 10 bucks a month? Then I read on CNET that there's a "TomTom XL 340M Live shop (Lifetime Traffic & Maps Edition)"

Upon further searching I found the "Live" services are 10 bucks a month after the free trial but does this include traffic?

dniksich said:   Does anyone know if this is "Lifetime Traffic" as I read on SD that it might be for 3 months only then it's 10 bucks a month?

This is what a few reviews on Amazon indicates.

I'm not sure how the traffic feature works but I've got lifetime traffic on my TomTom 540.

It comes with a dongle that provides both power and traffic to the device.

I don't think TT can ever turn it off b/c it seems to be a hardware feature.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

SMM

Thanks MC. Got one to replace my Mio that died recently.

TM has traffic, M does not.

respdoc said:   dniksich said:   Does anyone know if this is "Lifetime Traffic" as I read on SD that it might be for 3 months only then it's 10 bucks a month? This is what a few reviews on Amazon indicates.

Lifetime traffic and "LIVE" are two different things. Lifetime traffic is the generic traffic feature. it's pretty good, I like it, but there is a lag, and it's not always right!!! I've hit traffic where they've said there is no traffic and vice versa. Many times you have to go with your gut and/or the local traffic radio as well. I've had my TomTom GPS for a couple of years and lifetime traffic is still free, but as you know we are always at the mercy of a manufacturers will!

LIVE is a suite of subscription based features which include "HD Traffic", which apparently is a more accurate traffic service.
LIVE: http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/services/live/
HD Traffic: http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/services/live/hd-traffic/#tab:tab2
I hope that helps!

Bump

Out of Stock Online and No shipping or in store pickup

Dil

JDNO said:   Lifetime traffic and "LIVE" are two different things. Lifetime traffic is the generic traffic feature. it's pretty good, I like it, but there is a lag, and it's not always right!!! I've hit traffic where they've said there is no traffic and vice versa. Many times you have to go with your gut and/or the local traffic radio as well. I've had my TomTom GPS for a couple of years and lifetime traffic is still free, but as you know we are always at the mercy of a manufacturers will!

LIVE is a suite of subscription based features which include "HD Traffic", which apparently is a more accurate traffic service.
LIVE: http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/services/live/
HD Traffic: http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/services/live/hd-traffic/#tab:tab2
I hope that helps!

I think Google is doing something about this traffic feature. It even calculate in the number of traffic lights. Only the regular commuter knows best which is the best way to go and at what time of day and the day and dates. LOL

The Life Map is pretty good and TomTom have the speeding/redlight cameras data that you can download from their web. But I think when you connect to their web, they download your anonymous from your GPS too.

thanks, mister cheap

any garmins @ this price pt.??

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014