Staples« Corvair chair $30 after coupon B&M

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples« Corvair chair $30 after coupon B&M
http://www.staples.com/Staples-Corvair-Luxura-Task-Chair-Black/p...

this chair in this week's ad + this coupon for $60 off
http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/coupons/25671/offer.htm...

had to manually discount i think because computer didnt accept it at register.
B&M only.

may work on other corvair chairs as well. YMMV

meowfu op sd

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Staples® Corvair chair (11.05kB)
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If your looking for a chair I recommend checking out a few stores, they will sell display models that they are getting r... (more)

frozty (Jun. 27, 2013 @ 10:51a) |

When I took the coupon today, the manager tried and the he got an invalid coupon error. Then he went to the backroom, t... (more)

rgopalas (Jun. 27, 2013 @ 9:31p) |

Sorry didnt keep the file. I will remember to next time.

Charlieman (Jun. 28, 2013 @ 10:09p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I want an Edsel chair

my SM recognizes the coupon as the reason the price is dropped $60 and will not double-dip it.

Has anyone tried with success?

Is this chair unsafe at any speed?

expiration?

Only for Ralph Nader....

Wads said:   Is this chair unsafe at any speed?

love how the pic on Staples.com has a tear in the mesh backing on the left-hand side

looks ok

In my experience, Staples millage varies few and far, not worth it.

What a suspicious-looking coupon. There's no expiration date. There's also an asterisk next to the word "chair," but no explanation of what the asterisk is referring to.

Nice deal if it works. Has anybody purchased the chair?

Dano

thanks,

flap said:   love how the pic on Staples.com has a tear in the mesh backing on the left-hand sideYou high on something? There is NO tear.

aarzi said:   flap said:   love how the pic on Staples.com has a tear in the mesh backing on the left-hand sideYou high on something? There is NO tear.

I zoomed in and think I see what he means. On the back on the left in the dark black lining, half way between the armrest and the top of the chair, right on the all-black border.

I don't think it's a tear though. I think it's flash reflection that is creating a distortion.

Defect? (9.36kB)
Disclaimer
Looks to me to be perhaps a manufacturing defect...

The Corvair chair . . . "rear" engineered and air cooled for your comfort, it's the "nadir" of big butt design, so park your ass in class, Ralph!

just make sure to put an antique plate on it and your good to go

Tried to pickup the Chair using the coupon ...the coupon has been pulled from the system and no longer valid. The manager showed me the printout of the Coupon Validation Tool... NO go

fatboy23 said:   Tried to pickup the Chair using the coupon ...the coupon has been pulled from the system and no longer valid. The manager showed me the printout of the Coupon Validation Tool... NO go

Thanks for the info. Has anyone had any luck using the coupon?

Coupon doesn't show up on their system at checkout, got the manager to pull up the website and he immediately counters that the price already reflects the discount. Best of luck.

I had the same result. The coupon isn't in their system, so it can't/won't be honored.

Blah, I knew it was too good to be true.

I saw someone who had one, and the mesh was torn; seems like it's not very durable.

I went the Staples store in Pinole, CA this afternoon and tried to purchase this chair. When I tried to check out, I was told be the store manager that this coupon already expired in March.

The coupon did not work for me but the manager did override.chair is very nice.

got one in $32.xx, crazy price, lucky

Just left the Staples in Madison, TN al little while ago coupon would not scan but Cashier called manager and manually marked it down for me!
I printed the whole web page not just the coupon. Good luck to the rest of you. My Butt thanks the OP my old chair was worn out!

Butcherboy said:   Staples« Corvair chair $30 after coupon B&M
http://www.staples.com/Staples-Corvair-Luxura-Task-Chair-Black/p...

this chair in this week's ad + this coupon for $60 off
http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/coupons/25671/offer.htm...

had to manually discount i think because computer didnt accept it at register.
B&M only.

may work on other corvair chairs as well. YMMV

meowfu op sd
Does anyone have the coupon? Link is gone.

Dano

The manager at Staples claimed that someone has altered the coupon and removed the expiry date. I have never seen a coupon without an expiry date in recent years.

I reserved a chair for pickup and received my confirmation email Monday. After reading how most people had the coupon rejected, I wasn't going to bother trying to get the chair but they were holding it till last night so since I was in the area anyway I decided to give it a try. The guy working there brought the chair out, it rang up at $89.99, and when the $60 off coupon wouldn't scan he called someone over who punched in some numbers and manually entered it (like Charlieman, I also brought the whole page, not just the coupon). I didn't realize it till I looked at my receipt but the kid who rang it up was nice enough to have already given me the current $10 off $50 in-store purchase, even though I didn't bring or mention that coupon. Final price including tax? $21.59! Thanks again Butcherboy!

-

Charlieman said:   Just left the Staples in Madison, TN al little while ago coupon would not scan but Cashier called manager and manually marked it down for me!
I printed the whole web page not just the coupon. Good luck to the rest of you. My Butt thanks the OP my old chair was worn out!

Can you provide us the image of whole page for us to print-out.

Thanks in advance

Ty FW and Butcherboy
In 4 1!
Manager rang both coupons ($60 off and 10off50) - 21.24, and I paid with a giftcard from last Groupon deal (25for40) via shopdiscover (-12%),
So final price 21.24*0.625*0.88=11.68 and used Uber to deliver it (free).

BTW, The chair is solid.

Ugh - coupon was pulled out - anyone have a PDF? I'll venture to try it...

If your looking for a chair I recommend checking out a few stores, they will sell display models that they are getting rid of at 80% off (It seems like there is always something they are getting rid of). I got a really nice 150$ chair for about 20$ and they gave me a 3 year warranty on it. Jut talk to the manager. It might say its 50% off but really just talk to a manager.

When I took the coupon today, the manager tried and the he got an invalid coupon error. Then he went to the backroom, told he needs update the database. But I guess he was calling someone else to verify the coupon. he came back and said that he was told the coupon was an expired one and that the $60 is already deducted since the original price was $149.99 and now it sells for $89.99..... I declined and left the store...

Sorry didnt keep the file. I will remember to next time.
mechatron said:   Charlieman said:   Just left the Staples in Madison, TN al little while ago coupon would not scan but Cashier called manager and manually marked it down for me!

Can you provide us the image of whole page for us to print-out.

Thanks in advance

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014