• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Found this on the internet. I really don't know much about it. Looks interesting and thought I would pass along

Did FedEx & UPS deliver your package late - even by 60 seconds?
You should get 100% refunded on your shipping costs.

71 Pounds automatically monitors your shipments and gets
you the shipping refunds from FedEx & UPS owed to you.
No sign up fees, no hidden charges or credit cards required.
We collect a fee only if we get you a refund first.

https://www.71lbs.com/signupecb

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

deliveries (368.06kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Got my $25 Amazon card today. Nice deal.

MisterEd (Jul. 22, 2013 @ 8:34p) |

I deliver for the large carrier, and I can tell you that this type of service is not new. I remember management talking... (more)

sgerald (Jul. 22, 2013 @ 9:06p) |

Thanks for the deal OP. I received my $25 gift card today so at least I can say the gift card offer is legit. Sadly I ... (more)

TheTrain (Jul. 22, 2013 @ 10:40p) |

• Also categorized in:

I'm pretty confused about the service, but I signed up and gave my UPS credentials. Afterwards, I've seen nothing about the Amazon GC

I would be very suspect of anyone asking for your user name and password to one of your accounts. This must be some sort of scam.

At first glance, yeah. But they have been written up in the media. One article.

signed up. lets see what happens

sent company an email inquiring about the $25 Amazon gift card. received this response within 2 hours

Subject: Re: 71lbs.com follow-up

Hi xxx, thanks for the note. We are onboarding your account and you will receive your gift card as soon as that process is complete. Should we mail to your address below?
--
Jose Li
CEO & Founder, 71lbs.com
--
O: 754.223.5217 | M: 305.397.5124 | jose@71lbs.com
LinkedIn | @71lbs
--
Watch 71lbs on Fox Business TV | Entrepreneur Magazine article on 71lbs

Webpage looks pretty cheap, but we'll see. SIgned up.

What goes in the third field after email address? It shows up blank for me

I'm chatting with them. they are saying you have to have a fedex/ups account

name
email
password
phone number

Litobird said:   I'm chatting with them. they are saying you have to have a fedex/ups account

Anyone can open a Fedex or UPS account for free. I fail to see the problem.

toyzintheattic said:   sent company an email inquiring about the $25 Amazon gift card. received this response within 2 hours

Hi xxx, thanks for the note. We are onboarding your account and you will receive your gift card as soon as that process is complete. Should we mail to your address below?
--
Jose Li
CEO & Founder, 71lbs.com
--
LinkedIn | @71lbs
--

WOW! The CEO & Founder is sending you an email response. I feel reassured. NOT!

personally sounds like a pretty cool service. UPS/Fedex are obligated to give you a refund if they fail to deliver your packages on time. But most people don't check on the status. They do it for you automatically. I am not sure how they are making a profit since they give you 100% of the refund...

I wonder if updating my fedex/ups information AFTER i have signed up still counts...

I bit for my FedEx account. They eat 50% of the recovered fees but I guess it never hurts to get something if they find it. I only ever ship ground so I doubt they'll get much from me.

I'm torn on this one...I can see the value of the service and the niche market they are going for and the $25 gift card would be great, but I don't like that I have to give my account # and password. Just my luck, I'd sign up my account and discover a bunch of packages shipped on my account that I didn't authorize.

fatxman said:   personally sounds like a pretty cool service. UPS/Fedex are obligated to give you a refund if they fail to deliver your packages on time. But most people don't check on the status. They do it for you automatically. I am not sure how they are making a profit since they give you 100% of the refund...

Wrong. 71lbs.com keep half the money saved.

This is a bad idea, if it catches on it will result in higher shipping charges for everyone.

The biggest concern is security. Obviously, they are not tech savy with a team of 4 people. If someone hack into their system, there goes your accounts.

How many people does it take to be tech savvy?
SSi said:   The biggest concern is security. Obviously, they are not tech savy with a team of 4 people. If someone hack into their system, there goes your accounts.

cattlet said:   How many people does it take to be tech savvy?
SSi said:   The biggest concern is security. Obviously, they are not tech savy with a team of 4 people. If someone hack into their system, there goes your accounts.

At least 5...

Website is screwed up. Most of the time the names of the fields don't show up (Firefox and IE) sometimes the submit button doesn't work, and other times when it does submit there is no way to tell if it actually was submitted as I am getting nothing to confirm on the screen, it just jumps back to the signup page. If it actually is working they have 95 submissions from me.

Seemed to work with Chrome but not IE or Firefox. Was able to submit and get a response and see all the field names to fill in. They must have 1 hellava IT team.

After they win enough claims, you will not be able to afford to ship anything at the NEW rates.
Maybe I`m wrong, and it will be a flesh wound rather than a kill shot.
Health Care Inspired Rates come to mind.

Don`t be fooled, lawyers are behind this operation.

SNakian said:   toyzintheattic said:   sent company an email inquiring about the $25 Amazon gift card. received this response within 2 hours

--
Jose Li
CEO & Founder, 71lbs.com
--
LinkedIn | @71lbs
--

WOW! The CEO & Founder is sending you an email response. I feel reassured. NOT!

You should. If he took the time out of his busy day to respond to e-mail, he probably
cares about his customers.

I imagine they are not a huge company.

cattlet said:   How many people does it take to be tech savvy?

0x64 employees minimum.

I used a freshly-created UPS account to sign up for this and got this email from 71lbs...

===============start of email ==================
Thank you for signing up with 71LBS!

I was able to verify your UPS credentials, however we were unable to monitor recent shipments in your account because your UPS accounts are not yet setup for online billing. This step is necessary for us to automatically process refund claims.

Please send back the information listed below and I can set this up for you. Or, if you prefer, you can call me with the information, as well as any other questions: 954-400-7194.

- a recent invoice # - including invoice date, invoice billing charges, and control ID.

Thank you and please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

As others have said, the idea of giving my credentials to an unknown entity gives me the heeby jeebies. Additionally, I am guessing that this violates the TOS that you agree to when registering with UPS or FEDEX, which may invalidate any claim that you can make against them.

I didn't give them my credentials. I just signed up for an account.

I changed my password before signing up to something completely random. There's really not a lot you can do with that account... not like you're handing over your bank login or anything. I don't expect to ever use the service, but for $25 its worth it.

If one feels at liberty to share personal credentials: SO MOTE IT BE !!!!!Text

fatxman said:   personally sounds like a pretty cool service. UPS/Fedex are obligated to give you a refund if they fail to deliver your packages on time. But most people don't check on the status. They do it for you automatically. I am not sure how they are making a profit since they give you 100% of the refund...

BF is a driver for one of these.

Say a driver is 15 minutes from your house for a delivery. They go to their diode board and hit the button for "package delivered" (whatever that button is called). Presto, it's made the cutoff as they drive up to your place 20 minutes later.

Ever gotten one of those Amazon emails or texts saying your package is deliveried when you know it hasn't because you are sitting there waiting? Bingo. They scan the package early BEFORE delivery.

I've heard BF and his fellow drivers talk about doing this, all the time.

jacobstoner said:   This is a bad idea, if it catches on it will result in higher shipping charges for everyone.

Or a company will perform the duties you pay it to do.

saladdin said:   jacobstoner said:   This is a bad idea, if it catches on it will result in higher shipping charges for everyone.

Or a company will perform the duties you pay it to do.

and prices will go up.

Please note, due to high demand we are no longer

offering the Amazon gift card. Thank you for your

interest.

saladdin said:   BF is a driver for one of these.

Say a driver is 15 minutes from your house for a delivery. They go to their diode board and hit the button for "package delivered" (whatever that button is called). Presto, it's made the cutoff as they drive up to your place 20 minutes later.

Ever gotten one of those Amazon emails or texts saying your package is deliveried when you know it hasn't because you are sitting there waiting? Bingo. They scan the package early BEFORE delivery.

I've heard BF and his fellow drivers talk about doing this, all the time.
Seriously? I suspected those time delivered numbers were BS. Time that someone did a class action lawsuit.
Or even better: the DA from some state should investigate and charge the companies with fraud- but how to prove?

Note the $25.00 only counts when you mail packages out or pay for delivery to you on your account. E-mail from president said that this does not work when you order from a commercial concern and they pay for delivery with their account.

Skipping 6 Messages...
Thanks for the deal OP. I received my $25 gift card today so at least I can say the gift card offer is legit. Sadly I only ship about 5 packages a month and always via ground so neither myself or 71 will likely see any benefit from the relationship and with that volume I'll be able to detect anything malicious on my account.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014