• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Well, duh.

New UPS/Fedex account = no gift card for you!

Got the following email despite having a CC on file in the new UPS account:
"Thank you for signing up with 71LBS!

In order to get you set up to start receiving shipping refunds we will need you to verify your FedEx and UPS Billing Information.

For UPS:
Please submit a recent invoice #-including invoice date, invoice billing charges, and control ID.
Alternatively, you can scan the first page of your UPS invoice and email us a copy."

It seems they have begun shipping the Amazon cards. Got an email a couple days ago saying it will ship soon and today got a notification from UPS that I have a .1# package being delivered tomorrow.

Got my $25 Amazon card today. Nice deal.

I deliver for the large carrier, and I can tell you that this type of service is not new. I remember management talking about it probably 10 yrs ago. It is true that a "savvy" driver may find their way around a commitment time so the delivery will not show up as late. The problem then for the shipper would be that the receiver would have to notify the shipper that the delivery was late for the shipper to know, and the shipper would be the recipient of the refund(where is the incentive for the receiver to notify the shipper?). FWIW- in my experience as a driver, my supervisors REALLY want to instill integrity in our service and do scrutinize our deliveries for accuracy. Its harder now for drivers to fudge their delivery times (on the DIAD) because our trucks are tracked with GPS. I doubt that our managers would share that info with either the shipper or receiver though.

Thanks for the deal OP. I received my $25 gift card today so at least I can say the gift card offer is legit. Sadly I only ship about 5 packages a month and always via ground so neither myself or 71 will likely see any benefit from the relationship and with that volume I'll be able to detect anything malicious on my account.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014