• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07169602000P

Yes we all know Costco sells hoses 4 month a year

Sears
See Sears discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

All Rubber Garden Hose (201.45kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I have 250' worth of these hoses all around my house mounted on nice metal reels and carts. My wife always bitches abou... (more)

BMRisko (Jun. 25, 2013 @ 3:42p) |

I would never buy any other hose - period. I always wait until I have 2 or three dead lawn tractor batteries lying arou... (more)

rainmakrman (Jun. 27, 2013 @ 12:04p) |

does Sears give a $5 card for auto batteries too.

tinkakat (Jun. 27, 2013 @ 6:58p) |

• Also categorized in:

What does Costco have to do with Craftsman?
This is a Sears exclusive, and the Craftsman guarantee is great.

I purchased this a few months ago, and it is somewhat hexigonal in shape and hasn't kinked once - it feels like a quality piece, too.

Dont forget FW CashBack and SYW points.

They had the Heavy-Duty Neverkink variety on sale for $15 a couple weeks ago. This isn't so hot, imho.

iowahawkeye said:   What does Costco have to do with Craftsman?

...people always threadcrap and say "Costco sells hoses for $xxx." The problem with that is Costco only sells hoses a few months out of the year in some locations and if your hose breaks, you'll get money back instead of a replacement. These rubber hoses last damn near forever and the warranty is painless to get a replacement hose.

Lefty421 said:   They had the Heavy-Duty Neverkink variety on sale for $15 a couple weeks ago. This isn't so hot, imho.

You're comparing apples to oranges, my friend...the rubber hose and neverkink are two totally different hoses. Maybe some people don't care and just think that a hose is a hose, but for those who are in the know, these rubber Craftsmans always win, hands down.

Lefty421 said:   They had the Heavy-Duty Neverkink variety on sale for $15 a couple weeks ago. This isn't so hot, imho.I (and many other FWers) got the OP's hose for $5 last month, so your "deal" is ICE cold.

I do agree that this isn't really hot (unless you need it now); they can be had for $19.99 quite often.

iowahawkeye said:   What does Costco have to do with Craftsman?
I guess you don,t see op,s humor he knows many will say Costco has cheap hoses almost like no hdmi

The NeverKink Craftsman is made by Apex. Apex used to make good NeverKink hoses, now they burst if left on for even a little while. But yes, they have a lifetime warranty....but you end up having them replace them again and again. You have to cut off the ends, take pictures and wait for a week or two for a new hose. The rubber one may be made by Apex too but it SHOULD be better than the NeverKink.

BMRisko said:   iowahawkeye said:   What does Costco have to do with Craftsman?

...people always threadcrap and say "Costco sells hoses for $xxx." The problem with that is Costco only sells hoses a few months out of the year in some locations and if your hose breaks, you'll get money back instead of a replacement. These rubber hoses last damn near forever and the warranty is painless to get a replacement hose.

BMRisko, You get the reply of the year award, Thank you....

First I love Costco, But some one always has to thread crap "Costco sells hoses" ( But there not Rubber Hoses )

I own 3 Craftsman Rubber Hoses I love them,

There 10 years old sit outside 365 days a year on the ground.

About 5 years ago I ran over one with my lawn mower.

I went back to Sears with my 50 foot cut hose and walk out with a NEW one for free ( You don't need a receipt. )

My 22 year old son just bought his first home, My house warming gifts from me 2 Craftsman All Rubber Garden Hoses ( Lifetime Warranty ) and 2 Craftsman Long Handle Shovels ( Lifetime Warranty ) I paid less for the Shovels....
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-long-handle-digging-shovel/p-0718...
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-long-handle-transfer-shovel/p-071...

Butcherboy said:   My 22 year old son just bought his first home, My house warming gifts from me 2 Craftsman All Rubber Garden Hoses ( Lifetime Warranty ) and 2 Craftsman Long Handle Shovels ( Lifetime Warranty ) I paid less for the Shovels....Must be a cheapskate if you didn't throw in a set of anvil and bypass pruners.

Also, you certainly could have spared a couple of hose nozzles to go with the hoses.

tinkakat said:   iowahawkeye said:   What does Costco have to do with Craftsman?
I guess you don,t see op,s humor he knows many will say Costco has cheap hoses almost like no hdmi

thanks
I did get OP's humor, btw; just wanted to put in my 2cents about craftsman quality.

I guess its just me but I bought these last year and they are by far the worst hose I ever got. The black rubber ALWAYS rubs off on your hands and they are difficult to maneuver. Mine ALWAYS seem to kink. I have 2 of them and ready to chuck them out...just my $.02

scott78945 said:   I guess its just me but I bought these last year and they are by far the worst hose I ever got. The black rubber ALWAYS rubs off on your hands and they are difficult to maneuver. Mine ALWAYS seem to kink. I have 2 of them and ready to chuck them out...just my $.02

I disagree, I think there the best hoses ever.
But that just me.

They're pretty good.

Don't understand why some folks like these hoses. In my experience these are simply terrible...not bad but terrible. Why? they are heavy, they constantly kink and are difficult to almost impossible to recoil. I have 4 of these and I'm to point where I'm going to give them away. on the positive side the hoses are durable

bbqnosher said:   Don't understand why some folks like these hoses. In my experience these are simply terrible...not bad but terrible. Why? they are heavy, they constantly kink and are difficult to almost impossible to recoil. I have 4 of these and I'm to point where I'm going to give them away. on the positive side the hoses are durableYou must not have read the owner's manual.

1) They are not that heavy.
2) No problem with kinking.
3) These hoses are easier to recoil than any other hose I've owned.

bbqnosher said:   Don't understand why some folks like these hoses. In my experience these are simply terrible...not bad but terrible. Why? they are heavy, they constantly kink and are difficult to almost impossible to recoil. I have 4 of these and I'm to point where I'm going to give them away. on the positive side the hoses are durable

183 Reviewers (87.0%) would recommend this to a friend.

198 give a 4 or 5 star, Only 10 give a 1 or 2 star

Overall Rating Breakdown:
5stars (167)
4stars (31)
3stars (3)
2stars (0)
1stars (10)

I concur....

The periodic "sale" price is $20, recurring about once a month.

The best deal ever was last month when it was basically $5 (taking SYWR points into consideration). I got only 2 hoses, but really should've gotten a couple extra.

I have 250' worth of these hoses all around my house mounted on nice metal reels and carts. My wife always bitches about the black marks on her hands, but I just tune her out. After awhile the black "deposits" are very minimal and it washes off easily. I never have a problem with these kinking and they have not deteriorated one bit while sitting outside.

My best score was a 100 footer for $5 shipped to my door after coupons and SYWR points redemption.

I would never buy any other hose - period. I always wait until I have 2 or three dead lawn tractor batteries lying around - then trade those in for $5 gift cards at Sears and put it toward one of these (next time they go on sale). Great product.

rainmakrman said:   I would never buy any other hose - period. I always wait until I have 2 or three dead lawn tractor batteries lying around - then trade those in for $5 gift cards at Sears and put it toward one of these (next time they go on sale). Great product. does Sears give a $5 card for auto batteries too.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014