• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Frigidaire FAD704DWD 70-Pint Dehumidifier

Link to NewEgg

use Promo Code: EMCXPVR39, ends 7/1

Protects your home from mold and mildew caused by excess moisture
Helps eliminate bacteria in the air that can make breathing difficult
Effortless humidity control allows you to control the exact percentage of humidity in your room
Continuous operation is possible when unit is located near a suitable drain
Effortless full tank alert system with auto shut-off

Great Reviews, great deal!

Member Summary

Frigidaire FAD704DWD
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The lowest that it's ever been on Amazon is $235, so it's not a bad deal:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Frigidaire-FAD704DWD-Energy-70-pint-D...

70 pints sounds so much cooler than 8.75 gallons.

In 4 1. Just got a house, so this will be pretty useful especially during the muggy summer days

Just going to warn everyone that I had this exact same model. It lasted one season and then quit working. The fan would run but the compressor would not kick in. It worked great prior to that.

As an FYI, I've been through my fair share of dehumidifiers, mostly big name refrigerator brands and the coils rust out after a couple of seasons, the refrigerant leaks out and they stop getting cold and removing the humidity.

My latest purchase was a Danby which runs quiet because it uses a squirrel cage fan is going strong after five years. Love it.
http://www.danby.com/en/US/our_products/dehumidifiers/list

I have one of these 70pint models and it works great.

Just got mine - it's AWESOME! I was afraid that the house would feel like a dry sauna, but dry air feels so awesome on the skin even if it's warmer. But if it is too hot in the room, the air conditioner doesn't need to work as hard to cool it. On top of that the moisture that's coming out is moisture that won't be forming mildew/mold so it's helping the building itself.

Easily one of the best things I've purchased this year.

got one OP thanks...we have had floods here and need something to dry out the basement...Amaxon has some good reviews and some bad reviews but it seems modern dehumidfiers dont last as long as the old models...time will tell... 

I bought this in June and it just has been sitting here not being used...who wants tons of hot air blowing into an already 90 degree room just to get some moisture out? I've looked to turn the blower off so the hot air from this unit wont circulate through out the room but there is no way to do that unless I hack this thing. It seems well built but I dont like the hot air blower effect! Any advice?

What mateal are the coils made of?

err...what metal are the coils made of. Damn my fingers...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014