• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
target deal worked for me at 4:02pm eastern time

yelloe1213 said:   labboypro said:   Target voucher doesn't have a PIN on it... which means I can't redeem it. Groupon blows.

It was confusing. The pin is right next to the voucher number. Took me a second to realize that. It's on the same line. Look again at your voucher.

Thanks. But not in my case. There is a single number, followed by "PIN:" ... which is where I would expect the number to be... but it's not. It's just white space. I'm on the phone with them now *sigh*

Target deal worked for me on iphone, but now the voucher won't open. Anyone has the same problem?

On the phone using the Groupon app, search for target. The deal will be listed in the app search results, just need to scroll down past the initial few....

If using Android, go to Settings, Apps, Groupon, and Clear Data. Was able to purchase 2 after clearing data and using different account and CC.

edick said:   jplee3 said:   yelloe1213 said:   So my family can't get it. Everyone got denied after me. I called and they said although its 1 per person, they're checking it against address, credit card, and i'm assuming last names and everything. So if you all live at the same address its going to get denied.

That's NOT 1 per person, it's 1 per household. Unfair to penalize based on address.

Since its mobile app only I'm wondering if there isn't something embedded in the app telling them it's coming from the same mobile device bc my sister tried using a comepletely diff account with a prepaid card new address etc. still asked her to call customer service. Only similarities was last name and same mobile phone app. So go figure. They're tracking it somehow.

This is super annoying. At least make it minimum two. What loss do they have!?

Money!

I can see how this makes sense if you're Fandango and you are doing a limited $6 special where you can raise the price back up to $12 after however many tickets are sold, etc. But this is Groupon - they obviously have limited inventory at the $6 price point, right? What loss is it to Groupon (and why would they care) if I want to buy more than one ticket? If I only buy one, someone is going to buy the other ticket at some point. In fact, I'd think it's more desirable for them to sell out of tickets as soon as they can.

deal mega mix

guardi said:   Finally got it - direct link did not work for me, but just searched "target" inside Groupon app - and voila!

Same here. Did a search for Target, and as someone else mentioned, it was the very last deal listed.

Yep, they limit one credit card per purchase per account for the Fandango deal.... I used another CC to get the second one. Missed out on the Discover CB since I used my Chase card... although, the current Chase CB includes "movie theaters" so I wonder if this will count haha.

I didn't see the Target GC offer until now.

thanks niki4h; it worked for me

yelloe1213 said:   So my family can't get it. Everyone got denied after me. I called and they said although its 1 per person, they're checking it against address, credit card, and i'm assuming last names and everything. So if you all live at the same address its going to get denied.

That's NOT 1 per person, it's 1 per household. Unfair to penalize based on address.

Since its mobile app only I'm wondering if there isn't something embedded in the app telling them it's coming from the same mobile device bc my sister tried using a comepletely diff account with a prepaid card new address etc. still asked her to call customer service. Only similarities was last name and same mobile phone app. So go figure. They're tracking it somehow.

Which deal are you referring to? The Fandango one or Target? I just got Target to work for two on the same mobile app with same last names. The only thing that was different was the CC#. Oh and there was a several hours lag before I got the second one. So are you referring to only the Fandango one?

Have to enter your mobile phone number to get link to their their mobile app first. Didn't test on my phone, but here's the PC link: http://www.groupon.com/mobile/early

Hey IOS Users, I just did it. Delete your Groupon First and Then Download it.(do not log in) Then Use Safari( the other browser may not works well) go to the www.groupon.com/deal/target then click 'already has app', u will see this deal. then log in and get it!!!!

anyone get this to work using windows phone? I've tried everything but can't find it.

arrnanixtreme said:   yelloe1213 said:   So my family can't get it. Everyone got denied after me. I called and they said although its 1 per person, they're checking it against address, credit card, and i'm assuming last names and everything. So if you all live at the same address its going to get denied.

Which deal are you referring to? The Fandango one or Target? I just got Target to work for two on the same mobile app with same last names. The only thing that was different was the CC#. Oh and there was a several hours lag before I got the second one. So are you referring to only the Fandango one?

Target. I didn't get any of the Fandango. I tried it on 4-5 diff accounts. Each family member used a different credit card. Two of the credit cards had the same address, rest of them didn't. All diff emails. Some had same last name some had different. So it was a whole host of things that went wrong. I even called in. They told me they would "escalate it" but I doubt it. Customer rep for Groupon told me that the same address on even different cards with diff names will flag the system and decline. So I have no idea.

In for 1 @ Target.

Got both Target and Fandango but could only get one movie ticket. Still a good deal.

did a search on all deals, found it, bought it. Profit! (2 Groupon accounts = more profit!)

just bought target

Just picked up a Target discount. If you already have the app, go to the page WideOpenSpaces listed (http://www.groupon.com/deals/target) and it'll redirect you to the right part of the Groupon app so all you have to do is hit purchase.

jplee3 said:   edick said:   jplee3 said:   yelloe1213 said:   So my family can't get it. Everyone got denied after me. I called and they said although its 1 per person, they're checking it against address, credit card, and i'm assuming last names and everything. So if you all live at the same address its going to get denied.

This is super annoying. At least make it minimum two. What loss do they have!?

Money!

I can see how this makes sense if you're Fandango and you are doing a limited $6 special where you can raise the price back up to $12 after however many tickets are sold, etc. But this is Groupon - they obviously have limited inventory at the $6 price point, right? What loss is it to Groupon (and why would they care) if I want to buy more than one ticket? If I only buy one, someone is going to buy the other ticket at some point. In fact, I'd think it's more desirable for them to sell out of tickets as soon as they can.

Well, it is Groupon, true. But Groupon deals are backed by original retailers - in this case Fandango. From Fandango business perspective, they take a hit in their profit to increase their user base. To get maximum users with certain budget, they have to restrict the number of voucher per person/household. I don't think the restriction is from Groupon - but would be from Fandango itself.

If the restriction was not there, just handful of people would buy all the vouchers available and start selling on eBay at a higher price. May be it will be over by the time we read the post and click the link.

Got boths - geen & thank you

Thanks OP!

petenth said:   anyone get this to work using windows phone? I've tried everything but can't find it.

After spending longer than I'd like to admit for $5, here's how I got it working on my Lumia 900.

I got it to show up in the featured deals list after I changed my city to another one. Portland ended up working for me.

Then I kept getting a message saying an expected error happened and to restart the app.

After getting nowhere after restarting the app, I ignored the popup and held the back button to get back to the app. Luckily it was at the checkout screen and I was able to checkout. It kept popping up the error message afterwards, but in my Groupons, I see my gift card!

Ymmv, of course. Hope this helps someone.

Got the Target and Fandango ones - thanks OP!

phermat said:   guardi said:   Finally got it - direct link did not work for me, but just searched "target" inside Groupon app - and voila!

Same here. Did a search for Target, and as someone else mentioned, it was the very last deal listed.

Ditto! It did not show up in the morning or afternoon or evening to me. But now at night I got it. Just searched for "target" in the Groupon app.

Got both twice (two accounts). Used two different cards, but note that they both have the same billing address. Also both profiles have the same address and same last name. Worked without issues and came immediate.

I like Kindle Fire HD with 7" Display and 16 GB Memory, really bargain!

Thanks. In 4 one target on my phone.

In for Target. Fandango was sold out.

If you don't want to use the mobile app but want to use the gift card in-store you can use it to buy a gift card online. I used the gift code on Target.com and since I have a Red card I could buy a gift card and get free shipping to my house.

dubio said:   If you don't want to use the mobile app but want to use the gift card in-store you can use it to buy a gift card online. I used the gift code on Target.com and since I have a Red card I could buy a gift card and get free shipping to my house.

Or you can register your card at http://m.target.com/spot/my-target, then go to My Giftcards which will display the a barcode, and you can print out the page to bring into the store for them to scan the barcode as your giftcard.

pakle said:   ...and you can print out the page to bring into the store for them to scan the barcode as your giftcard.

Or, they can scan the barcode directly off your phone.

Target is now Sold Out

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014