• Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
thanks op. 399 AND it took the 10 off 50 in store coupon. I LOVE FW. But do I need this computer?

brusbrother said:   thanks op. 399 AND it took the 10 off 50 in store coupon. I LOVE FW. But do I need this computer?

Bummer. Didn't think that one would stack, so didn't ask.

brusbrother said:   But do I need this computer?Tempting, but I'm not ready to retire my 10.5 year old Dell Dimension 4600. I still have 275 days 'til WinXP reaches end of life.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   brusbrother said:   But do I need this computer?Tempting, but I'm not ready to retire my 10.5 year old Dell Dimension 4600. I still have 275 days 'til WinXP reaches end of life.
Yeah. I'm in the same position. And then again why not convert that old box to Linux...

Thanks OP. In for 1 at ~433 AT.

BTW, would have might not gotten this had I known a day or two what I now know. My OD had a $274 HP P2 1310 and today it was gone, but I saw some coupons on the table for $75 off a clearance computer. That would have made it ~200 but then again, reviews not so great on it.

unit9174 said:   Thanks OP. In for 1 at ~433 AT.

BTW, would have might not gotten this had I known a day or two what I now know. My OD had a $274 HP P2 1310 and today it was gone, but I saw some coupons on the table for $75 off a clearance computer. That would have made it ~200 but then again, reviews not so great on it.

Yeah but that is like comparing apples to tires.
CPU Benchmark: Dell 5903
HP 843
I'm sure there are other variables other than cpu benchmark. Just sayin'.
But it also depends on what you need (want).

Ditto on the Dell 4600. I have 4GB RAM, new DVD / CD drives, and it still runs great. I have a Samsung SSD sitting on the shelf. Thinking about installing that for a boost on speed...holding off as long as possible before I get a new computer.

Does anyone know if this will work with Win 7?

stardent said:   Does anyone know if this will work with Win 7?
  Any computer will work with Win7.

You just need Win 7.

I bought an HP i5 computer with Win 8 but it would not boot with Win 7. Neither MS nor HP would help since they said 'downgrading' to Win 7 was not allowed (it was not a Pro version of the OS) and HP would not make the drivers available. Good thing that too was a Staples computer so I could return it but I spent 10+ hours on it first installing Win 7 Pro and then rolling back to Win 8.

I've built my own systems forever but this is an excellent deal..have passed this along to those who are "looking"..good find o.p.

Report from Strapless Brick and Mortar (the sales rep looked up info on Newegg but it still wasn't enough):
I opened it up. There are one to two bays below the HD (5" or 3.5" ?). There is one available SATA power connector there ready and waiting.
There is at least one bay below the optical drive, similarly with a SATA power connector ready and waiting.
There are two available SATA (III?) data connectors available on the motherboard.
There are four USB 3.0 ports on the back.
There are two _USB 2.0_ ports on the front.
The PS is 220W.
There is one PCIe 16x (?) slot open. There are three PCI (? short ones) slots open. No cards installed.

The small PS and no USB 3.0 in front killed it for me. The refurbs look like they may be more interesting.

Looks like a good deal so I went down to our local store in La Mesa, CA. They have a board with a bunch of closeout computers listed, but they only had one single "last one" desktop; not as good as this one. Just one demo and that was it.

Then went over to Costco in Mission valley. Other than a couple touch screen desktops, they only had one other.

Do you think they are clearing out all of their stock to get ready for Back to School stuff? Seems odd to me that there are so few or maybe I just went to the wrong locations...

Also, if I got my numbers right, the computer listed here will be on sale for $20 cheaper in tomorrow's ad (if that $100 coupon is still good).

I am not able to get the coupon to work ...can anyone help ....when i say print coupon ...it says ...error processing directive

I just noticed that the price starting tomorrow is $20 less. I had just bought one today! Would I be able to recover the $20 if I had used the $100 off coupon (i.e. when was its expiration date as the link is no longer valid)

sethirahat said:   I am not able to get the coupon to work ...can anyone help ....when i say print coupon ...it says ...error processing directive
Not sure I how to link the coupon from my email but it did say available all weekend so... 43717 is the coupon code that cashier plugged in.

$100 off coupon (in-store) - expires 6/30/13 (should scan 'til 7/2, but YMMV on acceptance after 6/30)

$100 off coupon (phone or online) - expires 6/30/13

frenchylarue said:   
The PS is 220W.
The small PS and no USB 3.0 in front killed it for me. The refurbs look like they may be more interesting.

Yeah, that is weird why they would put the 3.0 ports on the back. I guess due to the design, but that is gonna be a hassle trying to connect my 3.0 external with the small cable back there.

The small PSU is probably going to be an issue when adding in a decently high-end discrete graphics card.

How are you guys getting the coupon applied since the computer is $479.99 and the minimum to use the coupon is 499.99?

TIA

jaredulr said:   How are you guys getting the coupon applied since the computer is $479.99 and the minimum to use the coupon is 499.99?

TIA

The regular price was $629.99 before discounts. The coupon is based on the regular price.

frenchylarue said:   Report from Strapless Brick and Mortar (the sales rep looked up info on Newegg but it still wasn't enough):
I opened it up. There are one to two bays below the HD (5" or 3.5" ?). There is one available SATA power connector there ready and waiting.
There is at least one bay below the optical drive, similarly with a SATA power connector ready and waiting.
There are two available SATA (III?) data connectors available on the motherboard.
There are four USB 3.0 ports on the back.
The PS is 220W.
There is one PCIe 16x (?) slot open. There are three PCI (? short ones) slots open. No cards installed.

The power supply is rated at 300 watts. The 660s slimline is rated at 220 watts.

Dell Inspiron 660 specs Scroll down to see power supply ratings

Hmmm...coupon not working for me online...says I haven't met the minimum requirements...maybe I will just call them.

jaredulr said:   Hmmm...coupon not working for me online...says I haven't met the minimum requirements...maybe I will just call them.

Don't feel bad, I'm not getting the secondary coupon off (online) either. Any luck in calling them?

The closest store from me is 80+ miles.

No luck with the phone call...she says it has to be $499.99...maybe that was the price yesterday but today it's 479.99 and they won't accept the $100 off...oh well, would have been a great deal...I think the same thing will happen in-store unless you're lucky enough to get a manager to override....probably not worth an 80 mile trip

Well, I'm on my way to pick mine up but my reservation has the price at $499 still so I'm hoping with that document they'll honor the $100 coupon. What are my chances?

jaredulr said:   No luck with the phone call...she says it has to be $499.99...maybe that was the price yesterday but today it's 479.99 and they won't accept the $100 off...oh well, would have been a great deal...I think the same thing will happen in-store unless you're lucky enough to get a manager to override....probably not worth an 80 mile trip

If you go to the coupon page (link in original post) and scroll down to the bottom of the page - read #1:

1) Valid 6/28/13—6/30/13 in Staples® U.S. stores, online at Staples.com® or by phone at 1-800-333-3330. Discount applies to Windows 8 computers regularly priced $499.99 or more. Excludes Microsoft Surface and clearance items. Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax. Coupon not valid if purchased or sold and must be surrendered. No cash/credit back. Not valid on prior purchases or purchases made with Staples® Procurement or Convenience Cards.

This computer's regular price is $629.99 so they should accept coupon. They are trying to cut this deal off but many have gotten this computer using the $100 coupon. I don't need it but for $379 I'm going to try buying one today.

Ditto on the Dell 4600. Got mine through a Fat Wallet deal for $125 shipped! Unbelievable price mistake back then. I'm one of the lucky few who's order went through.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   brusbrother said:   But do I need this computer?Tempting, but I'm not ready to retire my 10.5 year old Dell Dimension 4600. I still have 275 days 'til WinXP reaches end of life.

Watergod said:   Ditto on the Dell 4600. Got mine through a Fat Wallet deal for $125 shipped! Unbelievable price mistake back then. I'm one of the lucky few who's order went through.I paid $900 + $400 for upgrade to 17" UltraSharp LCD monitor. That was a decent deal then (Dec. 2002), but computer and LCD prices tumbled shortly after.

Inspiron Invoice
Disclaimer

$100 coupon
Disclaimer
Update: I called my order in a few minutes ago and it took a supervisor to override the order using the coupon. He said they only did it for me as a courtesy and also because I'm a Platinum Rewards member. He understood the coupons terms do not exclude this computer but mentioned they will not be honoring any more orders on this computer using the $100 coupon. I think those that really, really want this could try ordering by phone and insisting they accept the coupon or try a local store - taking print-outs of the coupon and product page. It's then up to the store manager to allow it or not.

Good Luck

Thanks Blueribb...I also called again and this time got a very nice CSR who had a manager override....got it for $379 + tax...total $402.80....guess it just takes a little persistence sometimes

Looks good

brought paper work back to store. return rebuy applied $100 off and 10 off 50 as well. total 399 plus tax. tu fw!
Correction: $369 plus tax.

brusbrother said:   brought paper work back to store. return rebuy applied $100 off and 10 off 50 asa well. total 399 plus tax. tu fw!

Isn't #399 + tax the same price it was yesterday? You mean $369+tax? Did you order online and just use your email from them, or did you buy in the store and bring your store receipt in?

cruzmisl said:   Well, I'm on my way to pick mine up but my reservation has the price at $499 still so I'm hoping with that document they'll honor the $100 coupon. What are my chances?

Handed clerk my reservation sheet and $100 coupon. Charged me $379 plus tax. Not even a question about honoring the coupon. I didn't even have to ask. She even commented how it was now $20 less. Thumbs up deal!

This looks like an awesome deal however, I need a laptop. Is there any chance someone can help me choose a good laptop to use this coupon on? Thanks!

Can't believe they will not honor the $100 off original $499 or more. That's a crock!!

cruzmisl said:   cruzmisl said:   Well, I'm on my way to pick mine up but my reservation has the price at $499 still so I'm hoping with that document they'll honor the $100 coupon. What are my chances?

Handed clerk my reservation sheet and $100 coupon. Charged me $379 plus tax. Not even a question about honoring the coupon. I didn't even have to ask. She even commented how it was now $20 less. Thumbs up deal!

Same for me. This was the awesome deal I was looking for to retire my Dad's ~9-year-old Dimension 8400. Plus I bought gift cards at my local grocer and will get ~$20 off my next tank of gas. But be aware that Staples does not honor their gift cards for online purchases; only for B&M purchases.

Not sure why this is currently under the Expired Deals. That coupon doesn't expire until the end of the day, and it worked for me not but an hour or so ago. I hope nobody misses out on this deal because of this misclassification.

unit9174 said:   brusbrother said:   brought paper work back to store. return rebuy applied $100 off and 10 off 50 asa well. total 399 plus tax. tu fw!

Isn't #399 + tax the same price it was yesterday? You mean $369+tax? Did you order online and just use your email from them, or did you buy in the store and bring your store receipt in?

Yup. you are right. $369 plus tax. I was driving and typing at stop lights. Doh!
Bought in store. Adjusted in store.

Finally got it adjusted to ~411 AT. Wasn't getting anyway with CSR but asked to speak to her supervisor. She went away and came back that they had given her approval to use another code. She had initially tried it and it it wasn't working b/c of the 479 price not meeting the minimum 499 but I repeated several times about "regularly priced" as per the terms.

Decent card to consider with this.

Link

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014