• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Computer
Coupon

Intel® Core™ i5-3330 (3.0GHz, 6MB Cache)
8GB Memory (DDR3, 1600MHz)
1TB Hard Drive (7200RPM)
DVD+/-RW Drive
USB 3.0 and 8-in-1 Media Card Reader (HSSD, SD, MMC, MS, MS-PRO, xD, MMC Plus, SDHC)
Wireless-N
Windows® 8
1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty
PCI Express slot (empty)

This is pretty comparable to the deals that Dell does on the same or substantially similar PCs with those $400 + $75 coupon deals.

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

dell
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Ah, you are right. The typing on the PS was so small I couldn't read it. I went from the printout the sales asst. had. S... (more)

frenchylarue (Sep. 28, 2013 @ 3:04p) |

That card requires a 6 pin power connector. The PS is not modular. The only available connectors are 2 SATA power connec... (more)

frenchylarue (Sep. 28, 2013 @ 3:34p) |

Im stuck in the Dell logo screen. It restarts after loading at the Dell logo screen. Any of you ran into the same proble... (more)

wtfu (Nov. 30, 2013 @ 5:43p) |

$100 off coupon (in-store) - expires 6/30/13 (should scan 'til 7/2, but YMMV on acceptance after 6/30)

$100 off coupon (phone or online) - expires 6/30/13
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Absolutely green for you OP. Great for a workstation PC with some grunt to it.

DITTO!!! Awesome Deal!!!

Jahx said:   Absolutely green for you OP. Great for a workstation PC with some grunt to it.

Amazing Deal... Thanks for sharing!

Is this 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ processors and have HDMI?

More specs courtesy of Newegg where it is selling for $550.

General Spec
Brand
Dell
Series
Inspiron
Model
660 (i660-5629BK)
Type
Student/Home office
Usage
Consumer
Colors
Black
Processor
Intel Core i5-3330 3.0GHz
Processor Main Features
64 bit Quad-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor
6MB L3 Cache
Memory
8GB DDR3 1600
Hard Drive
1TB SATA 7200RPM
Optical Drive 1
DVD+/-RW Tray Load Drive, 16X, SATA
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 2500
Power Supply
220W
Operating System
Windows 8
CPU
CPU Type
Intel Core i5
CPU Speed
3330(3.00GHz)
L3 Cache Per CPU
6MB
CPU Socket Type
LGA 1155
CPU Main Features
64 bit Quad-Core Processor
Max Turbo Frequency 3.2 GHz
Graphics
GPU/VPU Type
Intel HD Graphics 2500
Graphics Interface
Integrated video
Memory
Memory Capacity
8GB DDR3
Memory Speed
DDR3 1600
Hard Drive
HDD Capacity
1TB
HDD Interface
SATA
HDD RPM
7200rpm
Optical Drive
Optical Drive Type
DVD±RW
Optical Drive Spec
DVD+/-RW Tray Load Drive, 16X, SATA
Audio
Audio Features
Integrated 5.1 Audio
Communications
WLAN
Dell DW1506 (802.11 b/g/n) WLAN half mini-Card
Front Panel Ports
Card Reader
Yes
Keyboard
Keyboard Type
Dell USB Keyboard

antimaomi said:   Is this 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ processors and have HDMI?

According to their marketing, under "From the Manufacturer": 2nd Gen Intel® Core™ processors

Yes it is a 3rd gen Core i5. The first gen had a 3-digit number (370, 480 etc..), second gen had a 4-digit number starting with a 2 (2550, 2750 etc..), 3rd gen has a 4-digit number starting with 3 (3330, 3500, etc..) and the latest 4th gen Haswell has a 4-digit number as well begining with a 4 (4500 etc...)

The specs at TigerDirect for this model show 1 HDMI port.

Also noticed that it says integrated video, but the images they have on Staples site definitely show a separate video card installed.

EDIT: According to Dell's site it comes with: Nvidia GeForce 1GB DDR3 GT620 Win8

Thanks a lot for your information.

Yes it is a 3rd gen Core i5. The first gen had a 3-digit number (370, 480 etc..), second gen had a 4-digit number starting with a 2 (2550, 2750 etc..), 3rd gen has a 4-digit number starting with 3 (3330, 3500, etc..) and the latest 4th gen Haswell has a 4-digit number as well begining with a 4 (4500 etc...)

"Currently Out of Stock."

Can someone answer this question? I already have a bare chip Core i5 3550 3.7Ghz. Can I put Core i5 3550 in this one and get rid of 3330?

rushhound said:   "Currently Out of Stock."

what region are you in? I am showing more than 100 in stock.

Must.Resist.Purchase.

That's a really good deal, I bought a i3 version with 6gb used for
$180's, this easily trumps that.

Hmmm, my desk side just died and I convinced myself to get a laptop as a replacement. And now this deal comes up. Got it loaded in the cart. $429 with tax. How good a deal is this? Not to be missed or keep looking for a laptop deal?

Junibutt said:   rushhound said:   "Currently Out of Stock."

what region are you in? I am showing more than 100 in stock.

I just clicked the link in the OP without logging in.
Once I logged in it was available.

SoCal1 said:   Hmmm, my desk side just died and I convinced myself to get a laptop as a replacement. And now this deal comes up. Got it loaded in the cart. $429 with tax. How good a deal is this? Not to be missed or keep looking for a laptop deal?

If you want a quad-core desktop, this is a really good deal for new retail.

660_Config
Disclaimer

660_Price
Disclaimer
Just an FYI for those who are still looking for the deal and don't mind buying a refurbished system through Dell Outlet, there are currently a few Inspiron 660 in the Dell Home Outlet with almost similar specs (some only 6GB instead of 8GB) for $429 - $489. There is a 20% off any Dell Outlet Inspiron and XPS desktop or AIO coupon code (N4ZG9HDT8PWQLN, Expire 7/2/13 @ 9am CDT).

See attached screenshot for example of a slightly better config using 20% coupon.

In for one. $428.09 with tax and free shipping.

Note that it does not come with HD 4000 graphic. Newer Core i5s 3rd gen. that where made this year came with Intel HD Graphics 4000.
In other words this system is last year's model but if you're planning to put a discrete graphic card into it anyway, then it won't matter! LOL

IamMaximus said:   Note that it does not come with HD 4000 graphic. Newer Core i5s 3rd gen. that where made this year came with Intel HD Graphics 4000.
In other words this system is last year's model but if you're planning to put a discrete graphic card into it anyway, then it won't matter! LOL

Correct the i5-3330 comes with integrated Intel HD2500 graphics

IamMaximus said:   Note that it does not come with HD 4000 graphic. Newer Core i5s 3rd gen. that where made this year came with Intel HD Graphics 4000.

According to HTN's screenshots, we wont need one; It comes equipped with a Nvidia discrete video card.

I have a system with HD 4000 that I used for a few months with the integrated video and while it would load and run just cause 2, these are at low settings and its pretty ugly. I dont think 2500 vs 4000 would matter for most people, either will work the same with HD videos and media ect. If people are wanting to run modern games on it, they will soon tire of the poor graphics anyways and upgrade.

So, actually bought one of these yesterday in-store. Can anyone think of a way I can get the coupon code applied post-sale? $100 would be awesome saving.

HTN said:   Just an FYI for those who are still looking for the deal and don't mind buying a refurbished system through Dell Outlet, there are currently a few Inspiron 660 in the Dell Home Outlet with almost similar specs (some only 6GB instead of 8GB) for $429 - $489. There is a 20% off any Dell Outlet Inspiron and XPS desktop or AIO coupon code (N4ZG9HDT8PWQLN, Expire 7/2/13 @ 9am CDT).

See attached screenshot for example of a slightly better config using 20% coupon.

So if you are willing to go with the refurb you basically pick up the 2TB instead of 1TB drive.

Is there any other benefit? I have to pay tax at Staples or Dell?

Does Fat Wallet 4% CashBack apply to the outlet stuff?

awesome

Do you make a phone call with the phone's microprocessor?

Logan71 said:   IamMaximus said:   Note that it does not come with HD 4000 graphic. Newer Core i5s 3rd gen. that where made this year came with Intel HD Graphics 4000.

According to HTN's screenshots, we wont need one; It comes equipped with a Nvidia discrete video card.

I believe that's a screenshot of a different product.

Back panel.

pic

thanks for posting this deal, Krazen

The back panel lists the video card as 8. If you look on the side for the description, it is listed as "optional." Might want to call Staples to double check if the card is going to make or break the deal for you.

Thanks for posting this deal, I was looking for some offer like this. I was getting offers for different brands, but I like Dell and so I do not want to buy other desktop. I am very thankful to you.

elterrible said:   I have a system with HD 4000 that I used for a few months with the integrated video and while it would load and run just cause 2, these are at low settings and its pretty ugly. I dont think 2500 vs 4000 would matter for most people, either will work the same with HD videos and media ect. If people are wanting to run modern games on it, they will soon tire of the poor graphics anyways and upgrade.

lol it could run on Intel HD 10,000 and would still run poor. I ordered one of these a few months back and came with a discrete graphics, this as a 300W power supply (or so I'm told) and has the expansion slots, adding discrete wouldn't be an issue.

Great deal OP!

king0fSpades said:   Can someone answer this question? I already have a bare chip Core i5 3550 3.7Ghz. Can I put Core i5 3550 in this one and get rid of 3330?

Yes, you should be g2g, especially since both are 77W TDP. Selling the 3330 on eBay?

However, it wouldn't be under warranty and the "real world" performance difference would be negligible IMO (Passmark scores of 5903 vs 6865), especially if this DOES come with a discrete video card as others have suggested or you plan on installing one yourself.

Green for OP- this is a great deal!

Good Deal, three generations i5, and integrated GPU

Great deal. Thanks OP!

Thanks for posting. I'm thinking of getting it. Does it come with keyboard and mouse? How many more hard drives can I add to it? TIA.

I bought one of these yesterday and opened it up to take a look. No discrete video card included, though there is an open pci express slot should you wish to add one. The box does come with a keyboard and mouse. I had no problem opening it up and installing a video card myself. MOBO only has the two slots for ram, so you're likely stuck at 8GB, though I find that enough for now.

I didn't look super closely at the hdd space availability as I wasn't adding one but I would assume there is room for at least one hdd out of the box.

WTPolaris said:   I bought one of these yesterday and opened it up to take a look. No discrete video card included, though there is an open pci express slot should you wish to add one. The box does come with a keyboard and mouse. I had no problem opening it up and installing a video card myself. MOBO only has the two slots for ram, so you're likely stuck at 8GB, though I find that enough for now.

I didn't look super closely at the hdd space availability as I wasn't adding one but I would assume there is room for at least one hdd out of the box.
Did you check the power supply?

Skipping 74 Messages...
Im stuck in the Dell logo screen. It restarts after loading at the Dell logo screen. Any of you ran into the same problem with this computer?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.