• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Thanks OP for this deal. I bought it on Saturday at my local store. When I found out it was $20 less today, I went back to the store and they credited my account. I don't care for Windows 8, but given the price, I'll deal with it.

I went to a local San Diego store this morning. Hung around for over an hour while they tried to order me one and override to use the $200 coupon. Said they could not do it.
They also pointed out that the one on display only had 4GB or RAM and a Celeron CPU and that what was on the website and in the ads must be wrong, but they haven't heard anything back from corporate on that.

Bottom line, they would not/could not honor the discount despite the fact that the REG Price was $629 because the computer would not let them.
BTW, nobody in San Diego has them according to two people at Glasshouse Square.

Oh well, back to school stuff will be out soon, but it would have been handy to buy one today.

cogitovici said:   I went to a local San Diego store this morning. Hung around for over an hour while they tried to order me one and override to use the $200 coupon. Said they could not do it.
They also pointed out that the one on display only had 4GB or RAM and a Celeron CPU and that what was on the website and in the ads must be wrong, but they haven't heard anything back from corporate on that.

Bottom line, they would not/could not honor the discount despite the fact that the REG Price was $629 because the computer would not let them.
BTW, nobody in San Diego has them according to two people at Glasshouse Square.

Oh well, back to school stuff will be out soon, but it would have been handy to buy one today.

Did you try a phone order ? (ask for supervisor)

cogitovici said:   I went to a local San Diego store this morning. Hung around for over an hour while they tried to order me one and override to use the $200 coupon. Said they could not do it.Why didn't you order at kiosk, pay at register and use $100 instore coupon?

Dang. I didn't know you could do that. The manager was going to apply the $100, but couldn't. Maybe tomorrow either a\that or phone in if they have any left.
Thank you to you and the poster before you with the other suggestion...and of course to OP!

Thank you for posting! FW effect...buy something when you don't need it I called the 800 number to order the computer. $629.99 - 150 Coupon - 100 Coupon + tax $34.20 = $414.19 shipped free. No need to call the supervisor, etc.

So $100 coupon doesn't work online ? Must call?

lilstabber said:   So $100 coupon doesn't work online ? Must call?Online coupon is now dead ... expired 6/30 at midnight EDT. This is now a YMMV B&M (or kiosk) deal.

In store coupon should scan thru 7/2, but YMMV on cashier acceptance of expired coupon.

I have already use this machine for disighning and this awesome in use for home and also office works

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the $100 coupon? Going to call today.

Uppie1414 said:   Can anyone point me in the right direction for the $100 coupon? Going to call today.

The in-store coupon is still in the quick summary area under the original post. The online coupon is now MIA but the code is 69503.

Thanks!

Anyone have an updated link for the phone coupon code ($100 off)? Going to call now (link isn't working).

Dane

Updated--just called.

You have to spend over $500 to get the $100 off to work. Since I needed 2 computers, I asked if the $150 would apply to both (it did, for $479 each), then she added the $100 off + free shipping. You might be able to add $20.01 worth of items to make the $100 off work, but I didn't try.

The phone $100 off code works for 48 hours after expiration (so tonight at midnight). I hope this helps!

So the coupon will still work?

jabu321 said:   So the coupon will still work?

It depends on the sales person. They are supposed to accept expired coupons for up to 7 days.

Well this is one loud machine. Upgrading from older machines, I didn't expect all the HD chatter and fan noise. Not thrilled with Windows 8 configuration but I guess there is a learning curve.

For those that missed this deal (like I did), Dell Outlet has 20% off till the 6th. Same warranty as a new system.

I ended up getting the system below:

Processor: Intel Core 3rd generation i5-3330 Processor (3.0 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.20 GHz)
Windows 8
Dell Outlet Inspiron 660 Minitower
2TB Hard Drive, 3.5 Inch, 7200rpm, SATA
8GB, DDR3 UDIMM Memory, 1600MHz, Non-ECC (2 DIMMs)
16X DVD +/- RW Drive
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 1GB DDR3

$391.20

The new Dell Home Outlet coupon to use is ...

Coupon Code: MN57HDGFLS$2SZ
Expiration: 7/6/2013 at 8:59 a.m. CT.
Save 20% on any Dell Outlet home laptop, desktop, all-in-one or tablet priced up to $749 with coupon* code below!

brusbrother said:   Well this is one loud machine. Upgrading from older machines, I didn't expect all the HD chatter and fan noise. Not thrilled with Windows 8 configuration but I guess there is a learning curve.

That's strange. The one I got is dead silent. First thing I did was install Classic Shell (free), which gave me back the start menu and button. By the way, there's a great site called ninite dot com which allows very quick and simple installation of the most used programs (apps).

blueribb said:   brusbrother said:   Well this is one loud machine. Upgrading from older machines, I didn't expect all the HD chatter and fan noise. Not thrilled with Windows 8 configuration but I guess there is a learning curve.

That's strange. The one I got is deal silent. First thing I did was install Classic Shell (free), which gave me back the start menu and button. By the way, there's a great site called ninite dot com which allows very quick and simple installation of the most used programs (apps).

That site sounds cool but I would be hesitant using a 3rd party installer...

blueribb said:   brusbrother said:   Well this is one loud machine. Upgrading from older machines, I didn't expect all the HD chatter and fan noise. Not thrilled with Windows 8 configuration but I guess there is a learning curve.

That's strange. The one I got is deal silent. First thing I did was install Classic Shell (free), which gave me back the start menu and button. By the way, there's a great site called ninite dot com which allows very quick and simple installation of the most used programs (apps).

I wanted to confirm the systems noise level after a few days, hence the "late" post. I bought two, both have been basically silent, even with heavy drive-to-drive data copies going. Maybe one of the fans is loose, or something. Two screws and the side cover pops off, and you should be able to figure out why it's noisy.

You can take the system back and exchange for another, if you feel like it. Do it sooner than later if you're going to.

This would be live again in case you missed it before.

It has 'Intel HD Graphics 2500'. Anyone got a recommendation on a dedicated card that would perform better?

voodoomorph said:   This would be live again in case you missed it before.

It has 'Intel HD Graphics 2500'. Anyone got a recommendation on a dedicated card that would perform better?

Bought one of these last month for $379.99 after coupons.  Installed Windows 7.  Added a Samsung 250GB SSD system drive.  Used the 1TB drive it came with as my data drive.  Upgraded to a 585W power supply ($10 after rebate).  Installed a Radeon R6670 graphics card ($30 after rebate).  Could not be more pleased.  Almost completely silent system.  Super fast!

*duplicate post*

MitchK said:   

Bought one of these last month for $379.99 after coupons.  Installed Windows 7.  Added a Samsung 250GB SSD system drive.  Used the 1TB drive it came with as my data drive.  Upgraded to a 585W power supply ($10 after rebate).  Installed a Radeon R6670 graphics card ($30 after rebate).  Could not be more pleased.  Almost completely silent system.  Super fast!

If I am reading what you wrote correctly...you might want to rethink the PS.  I wouldn't trust a $10 power supply on any computer that I valued.

MitchK said:   

Does this Radeon R6670 need an extra power cable from the power supply?

case is half inch short for msi 660i

namlook said:   
 If I am reading what you wrote correctly...you might want to rethink the PS.  I wouldn't trust a $10 power supply on any computer that I valued.

That's probably very wise advice!  Next on my list to upgrade!

voodoomorph said:   
Does this Radeon R6670 need an extra power cable from the power supply?

It does not.  But due to the thickness of the fan, it take up two slots.

Just got this deal today, using links in OP, new $100 coupon expires today.

Is there a way to downgrade this to Windows 7? 

blueribb said:   
frenchylarue said:   There are two _USB 2.0_ ports on the front.
The PS is 220W.
There is one PCIe 16x (?) slot open. There are three PCI (? short ones) slots open. No cards installed.
The small PS and no USB 3.0 in front killed it for me. The refurbs look like they may be more interesting.

The power supply is rated at 300 watts. The 660s slimline is rated at 220 watts.
Dell Inspiron 660 specs   Scroll down to see power supply ratings

Ah, you are right. The typing on the PS was so small I couldn't read it. I went from the printout the sales asst. had. Should have known.

Krazen1211 said:   Decent card to consider with this.

Link

That card requires a 6 pin power connector. The PS is not modular. The only available connectors are 2 SATA power connectors. Used one for an SSD.

Also, computer has been silent so far.

Im stuck in the Dell logo screen. It restarts after loading at the Dell logo screen. Any of you ran into the same problem with this computer?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014