• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LINK

4% FatCash

Features:
iPad controller designed with joystick and buttons, just like classic arcade games
Play over 100 classic Atari games on the Atari's Greatest Hits app (not included)
No batteries are required - just plug in your iPad and you're ready to play
Rubberized feet keep dock from shifting during play

Dimensions: 11.5" x 7.75" x 3" (H x W x D, Approx.)
Compatibility: iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3

PricePlunge
Need a PricePlunge coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Atari Joystick Controller iPad (30.85kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

I have this app on my iphone5, if I had an ipad I'd get this in a second. Feeling nostalgic now, will check out the AVGN.

This price seems ok for what it is... but do some quick research before you buy.

From Amazon, Most Helpful Customer Reviews
21 of 21 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars

Disappointing - too many limitations May 2, 2012
By Miles O

IMPORTANT: download the free "Atari's Greatest Hits" app on iTunes and try it out before purchasing this accessory for your iPad (this is the only app that supports this device).

I thought this might be like a more affordable version of the iCade, but when I received it, I was very disappointed. Here are some important details to consider (caveat emptor):

1. This is a one-app accessory - there are no indications that this will ever be supported by other developers or even future apps from Atari.
2. Only portrait mode games are supported, landscape games cannot be played (and the Atari's Greatest Hits app does not give you an option to switch between portrait and landscape - each game is either only portrait or only landscape).
3. Most cases for the iPad will have to be removed in order to place the iPad on the device.
4. Atari's Greatest Hits only has one free game (Missile Command), otherwise you need to make additional in-app purchases of $0.99 for a 4 pack of games or $9.99 for all "99 games."
5. Many of the "99 games" are Atari 2600 games, only around 25% of them are arcade games (from 80's era).
6. This controller does not require separate power - it is powered from the iPad. However, that also means that it is not possible to charge the iPad while it is attached.

I knew about 4-6 before buying and 3 is not unexpected, but 1 and 2 (especially 2) make the iCade a much better purchase, even at a higher price.

The Atari has more flexibility than the iCade, which you can't use it without taking the case off. As long as the case is not real thick you can leave it on with the Atari. It is limited since only one app works with it, but if you spent most of your childhood inside arcades, its a nice memory for $13

Actually, you spent most of your childhood in your own room, in bed. Unless you think that you spent more than 10hrs a day every single day in an arcade...

this is a piece of Junk. I bought it for Christmas thinking it would be cool etc. but it sux. also $10 for all the crappy 2600 games is poor as well. i paid $20 and it sits in my basement.... dont bother

Sold Out !

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014