shipping adds $29.95

• Intel Core i7-3632QM Processor 2.2GHz
  • 15.6" HD Widescreen LED Backlit Display
  • 4GB DDR3 System Memory
  • 500GB Hard Drive
  • HDMI
  • Windows 8

5% surcharge for non-members.

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Acer Aspire V3 Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2GHz Laptop
Thanks sparky34
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Acer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

4gb ram ?? Well this should just about run the operating system & not much else.

polishdreamer said:   4gb ram ?? Well this should just about run the operating system & not much else.

Erm, 4gb of ram is standard in most computers. My computer is running DDR2 4gb of ram with a Q33 chipset, w/ a dual core. I have Windows 8 and it runs perfectly. A computer like this smokes in comparison to what I have. For the price, you could probably see about upgrading the ram to 8gb if that is what you want and finding out if there is expansion for a dedicated graphics card.

The graphics is what kills me but HD 4000 still is pretty good to play a lot of games, you won't get high end performance though.

mlackeythegreat said:   polishdreamer said:   4gb ram ?? Well this should just about run the operating system & not much else.

Erm, 4gb of ram is standard in most computers. My computer is running DDR2 4gb of ram with a Q33 chipset, w/ a dual core. I have Windows 8 and it runs perfectly. A computer like this smokes in comparison to what I have. For the price, you could probably see about upgrading the ram to 8gb if that is what you want and finding out if there is expansion for a dedicated graphics card.

The graphics is what kills me but HD 4000 still is pretty good to play a lot of games, you won't get high end performance though.

I was just going to ask if you were going to play games & then you answered it, it's fine for normal web-surfing but anything graphic intensive will have some issues.

Why are i-7's getting so cheap, nice find...

alant2 said:   Why are i-7's getting so cheap, nice find...

These are 3rd gen (still good). The 4th gen Haswell are out

careful, Cosco auto adds to you checkout, just remove it.......
=================================================================

KasperskyŽ Internet Security 2013 - 1 User Download
Item # 628686

Nice deal. I couldn't find an exact match, but closest systems are around $678 but they have 6GB Ram and 750GB hard drives. Screen res and HD Graphics kill it for me. Hoping for some better deals over the 4th

Where did you find the screen res? I can't find it anywhere on costco's site. The HD Graphics 4000 can do 1920 x 1080 so that isn't a limiting factor there.

Plus the HD Graphics is good enough for light gaming. Quite a few games can run with detail set to low.

slothman said:   Where did you find the screen res? I can't find it anywhere on costco's site. The HD Graphics 4000 can do 1920 x 1080 so that isn't a limiting factor there.

Plus the HD Graphics is good enough for light gaming. Quite a few games can run with detail set to low.

Friend of mine has a i3 laptop w/ 4gb of ram and HD 4000 and he plays games like League of Legends and the Star Wars games on a medium quality and he has no issues. It will play games from 2008-2009 with no issue, when you get into these newer games that surround themselves around the graphics is where issues will arise.

Costco also has a Dell 17.3 inch laptop with a 3rd generation i3 processor for $399. Link
Like the Acer it has 4GB of RAM and a 500GB Hard Drive. The display is HD+ versus just HD on the Acer, but the battery is 4-cell versus 6-cell on the Acer. Which is a better deal?

last shell shocker for the day 7-8-13 Newegg's last shell shocker today 7-8-13 is a Dell ** Refurbished ** i-7, price also $399
Club better buy because not refurbished.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014