Discount Tire - Double Manufacturers Rebate

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Double Your Rebate Promotion!

Thursday, June 27th through Monday, July 8th, 2013, we'll double any manufacturer's mail-in rebate while it's being offered!

Up to $160 in Total Rebates!

Goodyear (expires 7/8/13)
Dunlop (expires 7/8/13)
Pirelli (expires 7/7/13)
Hankook (expires 6/30/13)
Cooper (expires 6/30/13)

Up to $120 in Total Rebates!

Vogue (expires 6/30/13)
Yokohama (expires 7/7/13)

Up to $100 in Total Rebates!

Kumho (expires 6/30/13)
Falken (expires 7/8/13)

link

Member Summary

Double Manufacturers Rebate
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Prices somewhat inflated to offset the double rebate. I can do just as good OTD with local Tire Kingdom. What gets you is the mounting/balancing when you buy online. Many local places do it free when you buy from them. That negates the cost difference mostly, then factor in the hassle of rebates just to break even? No thanks.

Taco said:   Prices somewhat inflated to offset the double rebate. I can do just as good OTD with local Tire Kingdom. What gets you is the mounting/balancing when you buy online. Many local places do it free when you buy from them. That negates the cost difference mostly, then factor in the hassle of rebates just to break even? No thanks.

Prices haven't changed for the tires I'm looking at for any of my 3 cars. They are still the best priced seller I can find on 2 of the 3 (including internet sellers).

Also, Tire Kingdom doesn't carry ANY tires for 2 of my 3 cars. I'm a fan of Discount Tire. They've made a few mistakes but always go out of their way to make the customer right. They actually gave me a full set of tires free once for making me wait 2 weeks to get the tires in. I'll be a customer for the foreseeable future.

For my car size TireRack Discount
Pirelli P6 Four Season 100 113
Good Year Assurance Confort 109 120
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 74 85

YOu make your decision yourself

ekmsit said:   For my car size TireRack Discount
Pirelli P6 Four Season 100 113
Good Year Assurance Confort 109 120
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 74 85

YOu make your decision yourself

Did that include shipping? Discoutn tire ships for free TireRack charges. Depending on where you live one may be cheaper than the other. But always best to get the Full price.

I use the local WalMart to install the tires I buy online.

i am pretty sure discount tire does a price match. i've done a price match before on those dunlop sp signature tires to TireRack (they consider the TireRack's shipping charge though). it was still cheaper than prorating, and i got manufacturer's rebate.
what i like about discount tire is i get unlimited tire rotations and tire balancing.

Just like most businesses, it does not hurt to negotiate or just ask for better pricing. Maybe you can knock off the sales tax or have something extra thrown in. I like the human-interaction of this negotiating part, rather than just haggling to get it cheap. A nice friendly conversation would go a long way with something as important as your car's friction pads.

I appreciate their business promise on the FREE tire rotation as long as you still have the tires purchased from them. I've gone to any of their locations for 3x tire rotations already. All 3x cost me $0. They reinflated, rebalanced, and even shone the tires with those tire cleaner. I don't even care for that shining part, but it's something to smile at. hhihiihih

i give discount tire as much business as i can afford, their free rotation / flat fixing is just too helpful not to reciprocate.

CheapToGo said:   Just like most businesses, it does not hurt to negotiate or just ask for better pricing. Maybe you can knock off the sales tax or have something extra thrown in. I like the human-interaction of this negotiating part, rather than just haggling to get it cheap. A nice friendly conversation would go a long way with something as important as your car's friction pads.

I appreciate their business promise on the FREE tire rotation as long as you still have the tires purchased from them. I've gone to any of their locations for 3x tire rotations already. All 3x cost me $0. They reinflated, rebalanced, and even shone the tires with those tire cleaner. I don't even care for that shining part, but it's something to smile at. hhihiihih

I agree, I've negotiated with DT a few times. But they don't match ever just match Tire Rack's price with shipping, because DT charges tax, and TR does not. So on an example set of tires, for me it's $61 shipping at TR, but would be $45 tax at DT. So far, DT has just matched at or near TR's before shipping price, just like as many places beat prices instead of just matching, to keep you there. Also if they only matched the price, some people might just order from TR and could probably find someone to install them cheaper than DT.

And sorry, but "friction pads"? Has anyone else called them that since Henry Ford was designing his first automobile?

FYI, the sun shoned, but for cleaning, it's "shined".

FYI, the sun shoned, but for cleaning, it's "shined".

I stand corrected. You're right. The technician "shined" my tires after the tire rotation, NOT "shone" my tires.

Now there is no "SHONED" in the English (US) dictionary, dear Sir... It is either "Shine," "Shined," or "Shone" as corrected.

Tire thread has become grammar thread.

Have they done this promo before? I bought a set from them a couple months ago when they had their twice a year $100 rebate with 4 sale. Because I knew it was coming.
Oh well didn't see the Bridgestone brand named anyways.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014