• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is Bosch's new 4-1/2" Angle Grinder, that replaces the recently discontinued 1810PS model. This grinder is pretty universally priced at $99 and up, everywhere you go. Amazon and Home Depot have both been selling it at $99 since it was released. CPO outlets also has it listed for $99, but are having a special for the July 4th Holiday, use the code "freedom15" to save 15% off, dropping the price to $84.15. They are also offering free shipping for the time being. The 15% off code is good through Sunday.

According to camelcamelcamel, the price of this grinder has never dropped below $99.

Bosch AG40-85P

Don't forget your FatWallet CashBack, for an additional savings of $2.10

Final price after FW CashBack = $82.05

Member Summary

Bosch AG40-85P
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FYI, the freedom15 coupon seems to work on all CPO sites for orders over $75 (new tools only) It's advertised on their website.

Sweet! Thanks so much, just in time to replace a broken one (other brand). I have the predecessor of this one, and it's awesome.

Agreed. We've used every kind of 4 1/2" grinder in our shop, and we always come back to the paddle switch Bosch's. We've been using the 1810PS for years, before switching to this new model. Side by side, the new model is 8.5A and 11K rpm, compared to 8A and 10.5K rpm of the old model.

Good info, Thanks.

Not the same quality but I use the crap out of this $18 after coupon one:
http://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-duty-4-1-2-half-inch-angle-gr...

Belt grinder, this one. Which one is better for deck job?

beezer86 said:   Not the same quality but I use the crap out of this $18 after coupon one:

The angle grinder I bought at HF was working very poorly until it died after a few months. It had too little torque to work on steel, and barely enough to sand wood. Maybe mine was defective. Given the longevity of the Bosch grinder, it may well come out less expensive. The HF unit is fine for someone cutting off a nail every other month. I buy often at HF, but rarely anything that has an electric motor and I use regularly.

beezer86 said:   Not the same quality but I use the crap out of this $18 after coupon one:

Not even close to the same quality. The HF grinder is 4.5A toy compared to the Bosch. The HF grinder will burn up in a few hours of any serious industrial/commercial/professional use.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014