• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
linrick said:   you can buy cheap bulk chicken patties and sesame buns and make a sandwich like that for $1.

I doubt it. Remember to factor in the cost of the breading, the lettuce and mayo (which come on the standard sandwich), the time and expense to cook it and you're not getting it for under $1.

linrick said:   and i post pics so fwers decide for themselves if this sandwich is worth their $ & time to buy it or not..

Then why not be "honest" about it and post the sandwich as they actually normally serve it? With the mayo and lettuce and in the bun complete and not torn in half.

linrick said:   it's edible and to me worth $1.04-$1.50. once the sale is over, i will not buy this at regular price or in a combo. bk should put this sandwich in their dollar menu.

While that would be a terrific addition to their dollar menu this looks like a loss leader for BK and so it'll likely never end up there. This is a $3 sandwich being sold for $4 or so (slightly more in my area) and it's not going to fall all the way to the dollar menu.

linrick said:   btw, i was at bk buying this sandwich at around noon. hardly any people rushing to buy this sandwich let alone buying multiples of it.

Not exactly something that's been advertised. Actually, when I was buying mine I heard two people behind me say...."oh, just a dollar for that sandwich? I think I'm going for that one!"

One would think, especially around July 4th, that peOple would want to celebrate the American way of life. That heavily involves capitalism, but some people seem to have a problem with understanding the idea of profit.

bugsie said:   
I doubt it. Remember to factor in the cost of the breading, the lettuce and mayo (which come on the standard sandwich), the time and expense to cook it and you're not getting it for under $1.
i'm a cook for lots of people and have worked in deli shops b4. i'm pretty savvy with buying groceries at a discount and can buy everything bulk including real chicken breasts, breaded it, cook it and have a complete sandwich served exactly like that for $1 or less.

bugsie said:   Then why not be "honest" about it and post the sandwich as they actually normally serve it? With the mayo and lettuce and in the bun complete and not torn in half. i tore in half to see if the patty is white chicken as bk claimed.

bugsie said:   While that would be a terrific addition to their dollar menu this looks like a loss leader for BK and so it'll likely never end up there. This is a $3 sandwich being sold for $4 or so (slightly more in my area) and it's not going to fall all the way to the dollar menu.it's a large size cheap processed chicken nugget probably not costing them much in the first place hense the sale for $1.04 for 4 days with no limits.

bugsie said:   Not exactly something that's been advertised. Actually, when I was buying mine I heard two people behind me say...."oh, just a dollar for that sandwich? I think I'm going for that one!"probably where i'm at, people aren't aware of the sale even tho several pics of the sale were plastered all over the shop's windows and even a pic of it running at the video menu screens. the people in front of me bought burgers and other sandwiches. the people behind me heard me saying i wanted the dollar chicken sandwich and they didn't seem interested in buying it. they also ordered burgers and other sandwiches. don't know about the rest because those only people close to me.

anymoo, i'm merely posting pics of what the chicken patty look like and my opinion that it should only cost $1-$1.50 and that i can make a sandwich like that for $1. but you seems to be ticked off with your disputes on my post for some reason.

Have eaten this 2 days in a row. So far the sandwich is ok. They don't ask what u want in it. It comes with mayo already and 3 slices of lettuce. Today it only had 2 slices of lettuce and mayo.I ordered onion rings that cost more than the sandwich and I had to trow those away cause it had a strange flavor in them like the oil was super super old..anyways tomorrow a sandwich again and ice cream like I always get to keep me cool in the heat...not bad for 1.04...
And .50 for dessert..

linrick said:   it's a large size cheap processed chicken nugget probably not costing them much in the first place hense the sale for $1.04 for 4 days with no limits.

http://youtu.be/OTzLVIc-O5E

taxmantoo said:   linrick said:   it's a large size cheap processed chicken nugget probably not costing them much in the first place hense the sale for $1.04 for 4 days with no limits.

http://youtu.be/OTzLVIc-O5E

OMG im old enough to remember those commercials ... "Parts is Parts"

Order a couple without the mayo to put in the fridge for your lunch and dinner on Monday.
iwantvto said:   Have eaten this 2 days in a row. So far the sandwich is ok. They don't ask what u want in it. It comes with mayo already and 3 slices of lettuce. Today it only had 2 slices of lettuce and mayo.I ordered onion rings that cost more than the sandwich and I had to trow those away cause it had a strange flavor in them like the oil was super super old..anyways tomorrow a sandwich again and ice cream like I always get to keep me cool in the heat...not bad for 1.04...
And .50 for dessert..

flylo said:   Over $4

It's normally around $3.49 around me.

They usually have 2 for 1 coupons. Never use em cause they are disgusting. Even my dogs won't eat em.

maydepot said:   They usually have 2 for 1 coupons. Never use em cause they are disgusting. Even my dogs won't eat em.

What do they normally eat that makes them so finicky?

maydepot said:   They usually have 2 for 1 coupons. Never use em cause they are disgusting. Even my dogs won't eat em.

The coupons are disgusting and the dogs don't like them? Feed them dog food instead...bet they'll gobble that right down.

Going to 12 more for the freezer. Yum Yum!

they don't put pickles on it?

whoever had the "breakfast" chicken sandwiches, put pickles on those...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014