• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
In e-mails from Staples came a printable coupon for "20% off any one item in store" with code 26703. They also e-mailed a coupon for item 122374, offering a box of ten reams of Hammermill® Copy Plus paper for $19.99 after rebate. It says "cashier must enter 866957 at checkout." I gave the cashier both coupons when buying the paper and some other, less expensive items. It rang up as $48.99 - $9.80 from coupon 26703, and a form printed for the rebate which is $29.00. If you just want the paper YMMV on getting the cashier to take two coupons for one item; perhaps bring a second item such as a box of paper clips to the register just in case.

The 20% off coupon has an expiration date of July 7th and the rebate has an expiration date of the 6th.

edit: last sentence corrected; thanks, mathfaster

Member Summary

Hammermill Paper
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Congrats to those who may make money on this! Question: if one orders online or over the phone today (July 6, the expira... (more)

filmy (Jul. 06, 2013 @ 9:00p) |

usually better chance of getting it to work if you print out one copy of the coupon for each item.

Danzilla (Jul. 06, 2013 @ 9:14p) |

Does anybody have the rebate number on this item? What is weird is that I purchased the paper, and it showed the Staples... (more)

Chilly214 (Jul. 14, 2013 @ 8:06p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Pay for paper?

my4mainecoons said:   Pay for paper?

While there is deals most free are for onesys, recently a whole case free after rewards.
If you need it now $10.19 is a great price

You could have had them PM to the online price of $35 and turned this into a MM AC/AR. YMMV.

ETA: The 20% coupon is good through 7/7 not 7/6 and the rebate ends 7/6 not 7/7. There will be NO grace period on the rebate. It ends 7/6.

mathfaster said:   You could have had them PM to the online price of $35 and turned this into a MM AC/AR. YMMV.

ETA: The 20% coupon is good through 7/7 not 7/6 and the rebate ends 7/6 not 7/7. There will be NO grace period on the rebate. It ends 7/6.

Thanks OP.

Mathfaster, is kiosk order ok for rebate or do we need to drag them home. Also OP, is there a limit on the rebate?

MysteriousGirl said:   mathfaster said:   You could have had them PM to the online price of $35 and turned this into a MM AC/AR. YMMV.

Thanks OP.

Mathfaster, is kiosk order ok for rebate or do we need to drag them home. Also OP, is there a limit on the rebate?
Rebate is store only so unfortunately you have to drag the case home. Limit is 1 on the rebate. This is another of those NI-SKU rebates so you need the NI-SKU added to trigger the rebate.

filmy said:   In e-mails from Staples came a printable coupon for "20% off any one item in store" with code 26703. They also e-mailed a coupon for item 122374, offering a box of ten reams of Hammermill® Copy Plus paper for $19.99 after rebate. It says "cashier must enter 866957 at checkout." I gave the cashier both coupons when buying the paper and some other, less expensive items. It rang up as $48.99 - $9.80 from coupon 26703, and a form printed for the rebate which is $29.00. If you just want the paper YMMV on getting the cashier to take two coupons for one item; perhaps bring a second item such as a box of paper clips to the register just in case.

The 20% off coupon has an expiration date of July 7th and the rebate has an expiration date of the 6th.

edit: last sentence corrected; thanks, mathfaster
Nice find OP.

Dano

mathfaster said:   MysteriousGirl said:   mathfaster said:   You could have had them PM to the online price of $35 and turned this into a MM AC/AR. YMMV.

Thanks OP.

Rebate is store only so unfortunately you have to drag the case home. Limit is 1 on the rebate. This is another of those NI-SKU rebates so you need the NI-SKU added to trigger the rebate.
Haven't done this for awhile - can we order at the kiosk (to get the $35.99 price) and then pay at the register with the NI-SKU to tirgger the rebate?

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   mathfaster said:   MysteriousGirl said:   mathfaster said:   You could have had them PM to the online price of $35 and turned this into a MM AC/AR. YMMV.

Thanks OP.

Haven't done this for awhile - can we order at the kiosk (to get the $35.99 price) and then pay at the register with the NI-SKU to tirgger the rebate?

Dano
NO. Kiosk orders are online for rebates, in-store for rewards. This is a store only rebate. What you can do is RESERVE online for in-store pickup at $35 price or PM to online price in the store. Then try to apply 20% and NI-SKU rebate. YMMV but a RESERVE should make the PM invisible.

Keep in mind, paying with rewards will reduce the amount the 5% rewards will be paid on.

"this is an informative post"

mathfaster said:   DanoMcGarret said:   mathfaster said:   MysteriousGirl said:   mathfaster said:   You could have had them PM to the online price of $35 and turned this into a MM AC/AR. YMMV.

Thanks OP.

Dano
NO. Kiosk orders are online for rebates, in-store for rewards. This is a store only rebate. What you can do is RESERVE online for in-store pickup at $35 price or PM to online price in the store. Then try to apply 20% and NI-SKU rebate. YMMV but a RESERVE should make the PM invisible.
math - Thanks for the clarification. I have reserved but don't know if it will work. The local store hasn't figured out how to do it works and haven't found my previous reserves - but this has an incentive!

Dano

yesidonoitall said:   Keep in mind, paying with rewards will reduce the amount the 5% rewards will be paid on.Keep in mind that is a useless post. Everything earns 5 percent, so with your logic we should never use rewards or coupons.

Rewards should not be used on buy this, get back $x.xx rewards.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   yesidonoitall said:   Keep in mind, paying with rewards will reduce the amount the 5% rewards will be paid on.Keep in mind that is a useless post.
Keep in mind that yessy needs to say whatever seems to cross his mind to keep up that 7.5 posts per day average.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   yesidonoitall said:   Keep in mind, paying with rewards will reduce the amount the 5% rewards will be paid on.Keep in mind that is a useless post. Everything earns 5 percent, so with your logic we should never use rewards or coupons.

I know how it works.
If item is $100 and you use a rewards check of $90
the new purchase is $10 and the 5% rewards for it is based on that price.

yoregano said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   yesidonoitall said:   Keep in mind, paying with rewards will reduce the amount the 5% rewards will be paid on.Keep in mind that is a useless post.
Keep in mind that yessy needs to say whatever seems to cross his mind to keep up that 7.5 posts per day average.

To wit:
"ME"
Joined On
Monday, February 7th 2005 10:29 PM
Last Login Date
Friday, July 5th 2013 2:08 PM
Member Posts
Average Posts Per Day

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   yesidonoitall said:   Keep in mind, paying with rewards will reduce the amount the 5% rewards will be paid on.Keep in mind that is a useless post. Everything earns 5 percent, so with your logic we should never use rewards or coupons.

Not useless

"it was an informative post"

Isn't posts for also creating levity?

TRUE example of rewards subtracted to determine purchase amount when a rewards check is used to buy
$19 v $5.24

No rewards used on this purchase

Item No Item Description Qty. Price Coupons Total Spend Rewards Earned
049562 049562 - Toshiba C55-A5285 LAPTOP 1 $503.49 -$123.50 $379.99 $19.00

Rewards paid when a big rewards check was used for the same purchase

Item No Item Description Qty. Price Coupons Total Spend Rewards Earned
049562 049562 - Toshiba C55-A5285 LAPTOP 1 $503.49 -$398.75 $104.74 $5.24

DanoMcGarret said:   mathfaster said:   DanoMcGarret said:   mathfaster said:   MysteriousGirl said:   mathfaster said:   You could have had them PM to the online price of $35 and turned this into a MM AC/AR. YMMV.

Thanks OP.

Dano
math - Thanks for the clarification. I have reserved but don't know if it will work. The local store hasn't figured out how to do it works and haven't found my previous reserves - but this has an incentive!

Dano
Reserved earlier today and applied 20% coupon in-store and used Rewards, got $12.01 balance coupon. Thanks again math.

Dano

I reserved mine earlier. went to the store and of course they had not even printed the reserve paper. when they rang it up it still came up at $49.99. the manager went on the computer to Staples.com and saw the $34.99 price so he price matched it. gave them the NI-SKU coupon and bought 4 packs of photo paper. then gave them a $10 off a 10 ream case that was in my rewards coupons. computer wouldn't take it so the manager came back and made it work. Finally gave her the 20% off coupon and asked her to ring it up 5 times. She looked at it and said it was limit of one so I had her remove 3 of the photo papers. 20% off coupon took $7 off(20% of the ream paper instead of $3 off the photo paper). final cost was $33 plus tax. Expected rebates $43.00.

Congrats to those who may make money on this! Question: if one orders online or over the phone today (July 6, the expiration date of the rebate) but picks this up tomorrow, is the rebate likely to be honored? In other words, do they go by the date the order was placed, or the date it was completed?

harry12345 said:   I reserved mine earlier. went to the store and of course they had not even printed the reserve paper. when they rang it up it still came up at $49.99. the manager went on the computer to Staples.com and saw the $34.99 price so he price matched it. gave them the NI-SKU coupon and bought 4 packs of photo paper. then gave them a $10 off a 10 ream case that was in my rewards coupons. computer wouldn't take it so the manager came back and made it work. Finally gave her the 20% off coupon and asked her to ring it up 5 times. She looked at it and said it was limit of one so I had her remove 3 of the photo papers. 20% off coupon took $7 off(20% of the ream paper instead of $3 off the photo paper). final cost was $33 plus tax. Expected rebates $43.00.usually better chance of getting it to work if you print out one copy of the coupon for each item.

Does anybody have the rebate number on this item? What is weird is that I purchased the paper, and it showed the Staples paper offer on my receipt, but no rebate form showed up. Do I need to return the item back?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014