• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
link to black headphones

Kmart has the nakamichi high performance 890 headphone in black, blue, red, purple or green on sale for $15. you get $10 back in SYWR points (limit 1 per customer) and get free s/h with SYWM or can do in-store pickup. there's also 5% FatCash.

I had about $5 in SYWR points that were expiring soon so i used those up. with tax it cost me $1.xx after using my points and getting another $10 in future points.

Kmart.com
See Kmart.com promo codes that earn 5.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nakamichi 890 Headphones
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You've added this item to your shopping cart
Nakamichi Nakamichi 890 High Performance Headphones - Black
Sold by Kmart

Do... (more)

vickh (Jul. 07, 2013 @ 11:27a) |

the 10$ points offer is dead.

randi4ni (Jul. 09, 2013 @ 1:25p) |

I bought Naka in 1996 for $175 and paid $175 to get head aligned and some other tweak and sold it for 175$s. It was just... (more)

davneil (Jul. 10, 2013 @ 12:29p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

speedy777 said:   You can get this from Sears for the same price.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05728678000P?vName=Comp...

Great...but that is not the main gist of the "hot" deal.

respdoc said:   speedy777 said:   You can get this from Sears for the same price.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05728678000P?vName=Comp...

Great...but that is not the main gist of the "hot" deal.

There are not many Kmart store around. I just want to point out that Sears do have it with the same price, which could save some one a long trip.

speedy777 said:   

There are not many Kmart store around. I just want to point out that Sears do have it with the same price, which could save some one a long trip.

Again..Sears does not list the $10 back with SYWR points. The "deal" is that this works out to (after rewards) to ~ $5...not $15.

No longer available to ship. Store pickup only.

those old enough can remember audiophile Nak cassette decks were arguably the world's best -
things have surely changed over the years

maximusrebatus said:   those old enough can remember audiophile Nak cassette decks were arguably the world's best -
I had a nak lx-3. I couldn't afford the lx-5 and I used to dream about the nak dragon!

I do not like being forced to make another trip to Kmart/Sears, etc. for another mandatory purchase to actually receiving the promoted savings. You are forever one step behind the savings. I try not to become a Clockwork Orange Jackass with the savings carrot dangling in front of me.

momoman said:   maximusrebatus said:   those old enough can remember audiophile Nak cassette decks were arguably the world's best -
I had a nak lx-3. I couldn't afford the lx-5 and I used to dream about the nak dragon!

I still have a mint LX5 3-head deck!, yeah, Dragon was the absolute ultimate.

On Amazone these are priced at around $24 to $30 and mostly got good reviews. One person said they broke within a month.

http://www.amazon.com/Nakamichi-Fashion-Headphones-NK890-GRAYED/...

For some reason, Amazoon didn't aggregate the reviews for the various colors.

Bought them; when and where can I verify I got the 10k in SYW points?

I pickup a pair $15 at Sears today. The sound quality is very good. I am consider get few more pairs for B-Day give.

They still have KMarts?

maximusrebatus said:   those old enough can remember audiophile Nak cassette decks were arguably the world's best -

Yup. When I read Nakamachi, the 1st thing that came to my mind were their cassette decks. As a teen, it was a part of the 200k+ music system I would dream of building/owning. Wow, what a difference a few years make.

As expected the brand is now owned by someone else. From Wikipedia
"By the end of 1990s Nakamichi failed to transition properly. In 1998, it was acquired by the Grande Holdings, a Chinese company based in Hong Kong. Grande Holdings included electronics companies Akai and Sansui."

Rambler said:   Bought them; when and where can I verify I got the 10k in SYW points?it took about 30 mins or less for the points to show up in my SYWR acct. log into your acct and click on the "Reward Points" tab. you will see:NAKA890 BLACK
$15.00

Quantity: 1
Earned points: 10105

Full points details

momoman said:   maximusrebatus said:   those old enough can remember audiophile Nak cassette decks were arguably the world's best -

I still have the 1000zxl - the dragon predecessor. Got it from a thrift store for $10 bucks

dead............................

I once owned a "dragon"
(Cassette deck)

same here!

gbfromtenn said:   dead............................

You've added this item to your shopping cart
Nakamichi Nakamichi 890 High Performance Headphones - Black
Sold by Kmart

Do u mean the 10k offer?

the 10$ points offer is dead.

I bought Naka in 1996 for $175 and paid $175 to get head aligned and some other tweak and sold it for 175$s. It was just Fanatics thinking that I will not trash a Naka even if I don't make money. It is like donating one kidney.

And on side note I have see DEC going away in Compaq fold and then Compaq to HP and now HP is any time switch.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014