• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Weekly Ad

$50 GC with purchase of Nook HD or HD+

HD 8Gb is $129
No price yet on HD+

OfficeMax
Need a OfficeMax coupon that earns Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Free $50 GC with Purchase of Nook HD or HD+
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
BN does not match.

aarzi (Jul. 12, 2013 @ 3:13p) |

Run back and get them! These are excellent tablets for the price

cybercho (Jul. 12, 2013 @ 3:59p) |

Just called OfficeMax and the manager stated you can't buy a gift card with an OfficeMax gift card either at the store o... (more)

cybercho (Jul. 12, 2013 @ 4:07p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

great deal. now just need a coupon to make it hotter.

hacked/rooted easily??

Since it's not advertised on sale, you'd assume the HD+ 16GB will be priced at the OM listed price of $269 (as of now), but Staples, OD, and others, including B&N itself sell it for $149, so I can't imagine OM will keep it priced at $269. Hopefully we'll see it priced at $149, like everyone else, and the $50 gift card will be the icing on the cake.

vickh said:   hacked/rooted easily??
Lol, Mr. Question strikes yet again.

I highly doubt anything comes easy for you, Vick.

Yes.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2062613

9" hd+ was 149.00 this morning.

Good that it's hackable since it probably wont exist as a platform for much longer.

Went to the local Office Max, and the 16GB HD+ was $269. Went across the plaza to Best Buy with the ad, and they said they would take $50 off of any Nook HD/HD+ instead of the gift card. Ended up getting the HD+ 32GB for $179.99 - $50 = $129.99. Could have gotten the HD+ 16G for $99.99, but I figure it was worth $30 to get the extra 16GB of internal storage.

peterlin said:   Went to the local Office Max, and the 16GB HD+ was $269. Went across the plaza to Best Buy with the ad, and they said they would take $50 off of any Nook HD/HD+ instead of the gift card. Ended up getting the HD+ 32GB for $179.99 - $50 = $129.99. Could have gotten the HD+ 16G for $99.99, but I figure it was worth $30 to get the extra 16GB of internal storage.

Just a thought, but $30 can buy a pretty large microSD card.

websquirrel said:   

Yeah, I know, but I thought there are certain things you can't store on an external card. I'm relatively new to Android, but I remember reading that in the past. Is that not true anymore?

websquirrel said:   peterlin said:   Went to the local Office Max, and the 16GB HD+ was $269. Went across the plaza to Best Buy with the ad, and they said they would take $50 off of any Nook HD/HD+ instead of the gift card. Ended up getting the HD+ 32GB for $179.99 - $50 = $129.99. Could have gotten the HD+ 16G for $99.99, but I figure it was worth $30 to get the extra 16GB of internal storage.

This is true, but some apps can't be moved to the SD card (without a workaround). Although $30 is far too expensive for a 16GB microSD card itself, it's probably not too unreasonable to pay that to upgrade internal memory, which also increases the total amount of storage possible since the microSD is capped at 64GB.

ilikechickentacos said:   vickh said:   hacked/rooted easily??
Lol, Mr. Question strikes yet again.

I highly doubt anything comes easy for you, Vick.

Last I checked this was a discussion forum. At least it used to be before before "know it alls" who like tacos joined.

peterlin said:   websquirrel said:   

Yeah, I know, but I thought there are certain things you can't store on an external card. I'm relatively new to Android, but I remember reading that in the past. Is that not true anymore?

The only thing you can't store on an microSD card are apps. Some apps allow you to move them to the microSD card, others won't. You should be able to find a workaround to force them to move, but it's probably more hassle than it's worth.

I wouldn't worry about spending $30 for 16GB extra of space. It's a reasonable decision.

GWBush said:   Good that it's hackable since it probably wont exist as a platform for much longer.

Good point but we're not allowed to discuss per senor tacos above..

wonder if Staples matches my purchase two weeks ago.... i paid 149+ tax...

peterlin said:   Went to the local Office Max, and the 16GB HD+ was $269. Went across the plaza to Best Buy with the ad, and they said they would take $50 off of any Nook HD/HD+ instead of the gift card. Ended up getting the HD+ 32GB for $179.99 - $50 = $129.99. Could have gotten the HD+ 16G for $99.99, but I figure it was worth $30 to get the extra 16GB of internal storage.

Just went to BB but no luck. They only honor to take $50 off of the 7 inch NOOK HD instead of the NOOK HD+.

descriminator said:   wonder if Staples matches my purchase two weeks ago.... i paid 149+ tax...
15 days is the magic number.

Why need root? It has Google Store enabled already, you can install LOTs of application from that store.

Deleted.

Sweet deal. I have the HD+ 32GB. Great tablet. I'd pick up another at that price if my local BB would do that.

HD+ 16gb is ringing up at $99 and gift card rings at $50. I'm sure u can talk them out of getting the gift card to save the hassle of dealing with a gc.

I asked if I could get it without the gc and they actually ended up taking $50 off making both just over 100 after tax. Score

Anyone know if B&N will match this?

I got an HD+ 16gb during the father's day sale at Sears for $135 after Discover CB. If you don't need camera and GPS, I highly recommend it. I am running Carbon ROM (android 4.2.2, see the xda link in post above) on it with no problems. For $99, I'm seriously considering another one.

myeric said:   vickh said:   hacked/rooted easily??
Why need root? It has Google Store enabled already, you can install LOTs of application from that store.

Can the Amazon Appstore and Kindle apps be installed?

At the OM near me the manager said his system was saying the Nook "was discontinued". I asked him to check in back and he came out with some older Nooks and one HD. The HD rang up $79.99. Good, but...after I paid I asked about the GC. They did some refunding and reringing and I ended up getting a $4.50 credit AND the $50GC. So out of pocket $81.16 and got a $50GC. Don't usually shop at OM so would have preferred to get the $50 taken off but I can't complain. Will have to use the GC for a case or screen protector. Would have gone for the HD+ if they had it but not that disappointed since we already have one from the Target sale. The HD will be for my wife.

dazviking said:   myeric said:   vickh said:   hacked/rooted easily??

Can the Amazon Appstore and Kindle apps be installed?

No side loading without root.

sprof said:   

Not true. There is an approved method. It is convoluted but it can be done.

Thanks OP....you made my day. I was able to grab the last two (one for my sister's birthday and one for my son/daughter) for $99 each. The manager would not give me the $50 gift cards though. I didn't want to fight it. I'll probably call corporate tomorrow to see if I can get it.

deleted

cybercho said:   Thanks OP....you made my day. I was able to grab the last two (one for my sister's birthday and one for my son/daughter) for $99 each. The manager would not give me the $50 gift cards though. I didn't want to fight it. I'll probably call corporate tomorrow to see if I can get it.You are kidding, right?

deleted

Let me get this right. So you got more than one at $50 each?

LurkMaster2001 said:   HD+ 16gb is ringing up at $99 and gift card rings at $50. I'm sure u can talk them out of getting the gift card to save the hassle of dealing with a gc.

I asked if I could get it without the gc and they actually ended up taking $50 off making both just over 100 after tax. Score

bru20 said:   sprof said:   

Not true. There is an approved method. It is convoluted but it can be done.

I'd like to know. I'd love to get Falcon Pro installed on my HD+.

is this only in store? online it shows $199 and no GC

Yes, in store only...

can someone link to an inventory checker and the sku
thx

re: Best Buy price matching - within what radius does the Office Max need to be in order for BB to price match?

cgott42 said:   re: Best Buy price matching - within what radius does the Office Max need to be in order for BB to price match?

What is considered a local retail competitor?
A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

Skipping 14 Messages...
clin0048 said:   Wow... the deal gets better! Went in today with my $99 receipt and a copy of the ad. Less than 5 minutes later I was walking out with my free $50 gift card (and a $2.37 credit for sales tax, apparently). $103.44 for a 16gb Nook HD+ (now rooted, running CM10.1) tablet and a $50 OM gift card is an alright deal in my book. It technically could have been $1 cheaper as he marked the price of the Nook down to $50 instead of $49 to ring up the gift card, but there was no way I'd complain about that!

Now, to figure out something at OM that I need...or just end up buying an Amazon/Kindle g.c. and call it a day!

Just called OfficeMax and the manager stated you can't buy a gift card with an OfficeMax gift card either at the store or online. Bummer!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014