• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Steam
Disclaimer
Pay off your credit cards, or shred them now.

To play along you need a Steam account and a Steam PC/Mac/Linux client. There are also Steam apps available for Android and iOS devices that allow you to see the sales and make purchases. All of these are available at the Steam Site

Today's Encore Deals (available until 1pm eastern July 22)
Borderlands 2 $10.19
Chivalry Medieval Warfare $6.24
Dishonored $10.19
The Walking Dead $6.24
Torchlight II $4.99
Kerbal Space Program $13.79
Bioshock Infinite $29.99
Skyrim Legendary Edition $35.99
Tomb Raider $12.49
Civilization V $7.49

Yesterday's Daily Deals (available until 1pm eastern July 22)
Prison Architect $19.79
Counter Strike Global Offensive $5.09
Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed $7.49
Saints Row The Third $4.99
Natural Selection $6.24
Assassin's Creed III $23.99
Worms Revolution $3.74
Omerta City of Gangsters $9.99
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II The Sith Lords $3.39
Starforce Alpha $9.99

Community's Choice
Rage $4.99

Flash Sales
Total War Shogun 2 $7.49
Endless Space Emperor Edition $10.19
Retro City Rampage $2.99
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition $8.99

Member Summary

The Great Steam Summer Sale 2013 starts Thursday July 11
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

July 11 deals
Thanks phermat
Disclaimer

Day 2 Sales
Thanks Murrow
Disclaimer

Day 3 Sales
Thanks Murrow
Disclaimer

Day 4 Sales
Thanks Murrow
Disclaimer

Day 5 Sales
Thanks Murrow
Disclaimer

Day 6 Sales
Thanks Murrow
Disclaimer

Day 7 Sales
Thanks Murrow
Disclaimer

Day 9 Sales
Thanks Murrow
Disclaimer

Day 10 Sales
Thanks Murrow
Disclaimer

Final Day Encore Sales
Thanks Murrow
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The sale ends at 1pm eastern on Monday the 22nd. Today they're repeating a lot of the sale prices from earlier, so take ... (more)

Murrow (Jul. 21, 2013 @ 4:56p) |

Civ 5 Gold Upgrade and Deus Ex: Human Revolution. (And World of Goo, although I realize now I probably could get it sli... (more)

Hoogineer (Jul. 21, 2013 @ 6:21p) |

I had to buy Dragon's Lair. FFS it's DRAGON'S LAIR!

CleavesF (Jul. 21, 2013 @ 8:07p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While I'm not saying you're wrong, where did you read that it would be tomorrow if you don't mind me asking? I see nothing at store.steampowered.com about it.

Yes, I'm not sure either. I stole it from Amazon's Video Game forum. Seems plausible and consistent with previous years, so I went with it. We'll see.

awesome...can't wait!

Confirmed at PC Gamer

Pro-tip: Go to GameStop and trade in a bunch of your old 360 and PS4 games for Steam giftcards. You can get an extra $3 per game, even if it's normally only worth $2 as a trade.
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

Then: Go to Steamalerts.com and set your target price for the games you want.

I have $11 left in Steam Credit, and it'll probably buy 2-3 games that are normally $15 or more. Have fun!

FatWalletLurker said:   Pro-tip: Go to GameStop and trade in a bunch of your old 360 and PS4 games for Steam giftcards. You can get an extra $3 per game, even if it's normally only worth $2 as a trade.
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/trade-in

Then: Go to Steamalerts.com and set your target price for the games you want.

I have $11 left in Steam Credit, and it'll probably buy 2-3 games that are normally $15 or more. Have fun!

How many of you have old PS4 games lying around?

I don't see anything up on Steam's store about this yet.

Oh, ok... you suspect it starts at 2PM EST.

I'm seeing more semi-confirmation. Kotaku says it runs July 11-18 and starts at 1pm eastern. Let's see what happens.

LIVE NOW!

"Sorry! The Steam Store is experiencing heavy load right now"

Shocking!

I would love to buy something! If your servers weren't packed to the brim....

orthros said:   "Sorry! The Steam Store is experiencing heavy load right now"

Shocking!

Yup, this is worse than last year, might have to
buy all the games after midnight to avoid the crowd.

Well, I looked. I wouldnt call it great. So far my money is safe.

Edit: these have expired.

Also on Flash sale:
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition $7.99 (70% off)
Skyrim Legendary Edtion $35.99 (40% off)
Grid 2 $29.99 (40% off)
Counter-Strike Complete $7.49 (75% off)

Updated OP to reflect new flash and community choice sales. These expire at 1pm eastern, so make your decisions (many, but not all, will return at some point over the 11 day sale.)

I pulled the trigger on Endless Space Gold and the Civ V Gold Edition upgrade.

Another day, another entirely (well mostly) new set of sales. And some insight into games that may be on sale in the future.

What have people picked up so far?

Also, a possible temporary glitch price. All the Tomb Raider back catalog games are at a 91% discount (62 cents each for most of them)!

You can see the list and add them individually or as a group with the current game at http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26663/

Update: 91% sale glitch corrected to only 75%. Most old Tomb Raider games are now $1.74 rather than 62 cents.

I saw the Hitman Collection (Codename 47, Silent Assassin, Blood Money, and Absolution) was available as a Flash Sale this morning for $11.24 (75% off, but no DLC), as well as LA Noire for $4.99 ($7.49 for The Complete Edition).

Purchases so far:
Skyrim DLC pack
BL2 - Psycho and Mechromancer packs
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
FO: NV + all mods
Just Cause 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Payday: The Heist
Sleeping Dogs
The Walking Dead

...it's been about 5+ years since I have been able to game and life is settling down a bit so I'm getting back into the swing of things and will be building a new gaming PC in the next few months

edit: considering Witcher 2, and LA Noir as well for today.

66% isn't good enough....waiting for 75

A word of warning.... when these games come around and you aren't planning on installing and firing it up right away, buy it "as a gift" and it will be stored in your steam inventory. You can then gift it to yourself when you decide to play (or gift to someone else, later, if you don't quite get around to playing it).

If you haven't bought from steam in a while (like myself) there can be a 30 day holding period before you can trade your game, but most of you probably don't have that issue.

cannot... stop buying... ftl, fez, doom 3 bfg, new vegas, tomb raider... cannot stop buying... need to cut up credit card.

Still waiting for Skyrim to go 66% off....I know,
check back during the Xmas sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218560/
Borderlands 2 Season Pass

66% off, at 10 bucks.

Basically 4 dlc for the price of 1 now.

You have 4 hours.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26663/
Tomb Raider Collection

75% off $70 = $17.49

This too not on the front page as far as I can tell. it has all the tomb raider games that have ever been made including this years, so a pile more games for just 5 bucks more than the "sale" of the newest version.

You have 4 hours left for gaben to take your money

25 minute countdown!

Murrow said:   Updated OP to reflect new flash and community choice sales. These expire at 1pm eastern, so make your decisions (many, but not all, will return at some point over the 11 day sale.)

I pulled the trigger on Endless Space Gold and the Civ V Gold Edition upgrade.

I meant to pull the trigger on Civ 5 Gold u/g, but I missed it while at work! Hopefully it'll go on sale again before this ends. If not ... well, those always the next sale time.

Edit: Hurray for the Community Choice! Just picked it up.

Just bit on Fallout 3 GOY and Fallout NV GOY (for $4.99 each). Now I can be unproductive both at home in front of my Xbox, and while traveling with my PC. I just need Morrowind to complete the trifecta of time loss. Thanks for the post!

Aihyah said:   http://store.steampowered.com/app/218560/
Borderlands 2 Season Pass

66% off, at 10 bucks.

Basically 4 dlc for the price of 1 now.

You have 4 hours.

it was that price all of yesterday

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is 85% off for the next 5.5 hours: $2.99. I don't know whether I'll ever get to playing it, but heck...

I also picked up World of Goo for $2.49. I wish I could install it on my Android-based tablet, but oh well. Still good, cheap fun.

Skyrim Legendary is a 40% off community choice (until 9pm eastern).

Given the card clues discussed in the OP, I expect we'll see it again as a featured sale for at worst this price, perhaps lower.

Looks like reddit figured out a way to find the next sale. http://i.imgur.com/66n3jno.jpg

egenesis said:   Looks like reddit figured out a way to find the next sale. http://i.imgur.com/66n3jno.jpg

Thanks! That's pretty sneaky and cool.

Added a new block to the OP that I'll try to keep updated as well.

Today's deals are up and it looks like tomorrow's feature is Skyrim. We'll see how good a deal it is...

Well, Skyrim is 30% off at $20.99 and the Legendary Edition is back to 40% off at $35.99. My mental target was <$30 on Legendary, so I guess I'll wait until the next sale and work on reducing my backlog some more.

hitman absolution for 6.24 for the next four hours

http://store.steampowered.com/app/203140/

Murrow said:   Well, Skyrim is 30% off at $20.99 and the Legendary Edition is back to 40% off at $35.99. My mental target was <$30 on Legendary, so I guess I'll wait until the next sale and work on reducing my backlog some more.
LOL...I have exactly the same problem. I bought too many games when they are on sale and simply don't have time to play them.
I have a job and can't play games all day. It is especially difficult to find time to play big lengthy games like Skyrim...
So I agree with you, I will wait until it drops below $30...or when I run out of games to play, whichever comes first.
I think the later may take a few years...

Skipping 5 Messages...
I had to buy Dragon's Lair. FFS it's DRAGON'S LAIR!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014