• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Best Buy coupon code "LIMITLESS" drops to $12.74

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

XFX - ONE
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Radeon HD 5450

Low end video cards are starting to be worthless. Integrated graphics on AMD and Intel are becoming more than enough to play games and video games this video cards can handle. If your computer can benefit from this, it might be time to look toward a new computer rather than putting money toward an old one.

Amen.

The opionated ignorant fools will give us both reds but if you benchmark, even last year's ivb will outshine 5450. After I did the experiment, I ripped out the 5450 and threw it in the garbage.

the only benefit of low end stand alone vs. integrated would be, the stand alone won't use system ram/CPU cycles but, this is a turd

Yes, it's a cheap, almost worthless video card. Useful to have on hand as a spare or for testing purposes. Also suitable for an older machine (but one still capable of playing h264)that needs hdmi output.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150600

For $13 shipped, it get the green!

Is there any way something like this would work with a laptop? Perhaps the dumbest question, but I want to buy all these games for the Steam Summer Sale.... only to be told I can't play any of them on my lappy.

PrincipalMember said:   Amen.

The opionated ignorant fools will give us both reds but if you benchmark, even last year's ivb will outshine 5450. After I did the experiment, I ripped out the 5450 and threw it in the garbage.


Maybe the red came from people who see the real value in this card, its a great backup if your system doesn't have onboard video and your primary card fails.

gindias said:   Maybe the red came from people who see the real value in this card, its a great backup if your system doesn't have onboard video and your primary card fails.
I wouldn't keep one around "just as a backup". If yours fails, there's a 99% chance someone will be selling a similar card at a similar price.
That said, another advantage over onboard is, you can run dual monitors.

orthros said:   Is there any way something like this would work with a laptop? Perhaps the dumbest question, but I want to buy all these games for the Steam Summer Sale.... only to be told I can't play any of them on my lappy.

Sorry, laptop graphics aren't upgradeable except in rare instances in laptops that have discreet video cards.

Useful if you need QHD (2560x1440 on 27+ screens) graphics as many integrated graphics don't support QHD unless they have Display Port (quite rare).

Green for OP. Needed a basic PCI Express graphics card to replace a cheap and lousy PCI graphics card for an old computer.

thanks op, got a Dell workstation from work, has 4gb ram, and a e6550 in it, this will let me use it for movies and light gaming

In 4 1 because I'm building a server where the motherboard does not have onboard graphics so this will be perfect.

I just installed my "spare" 5450 into a client's machine. They wanted to "soup it up" a little bit. It's a Celeron D 3.2Ghz, with ATI XPRESS 200 integrated graphics or something like that. Something that pre-dates hardware acceleration for H.264. So I figured this was a cheap upgrade.

mase123987 said:   Low end video cards are starting to be worthless. Integrated graphics on AMD and Intel are becoming more than enough to play games and video games this video cards can handle. If your computer can benefit from this, it might be time to look toward a new computer rather than putting money toward an old one.

I need a low end video card for my server...thanks OP...exactly what I needed

Great for upgrading old server to be Media players for HDTV if it comes with Low profile slot.

for everyone who is hating on this card, you might consider that not everyone has a computer with integrated graphics, or maybe they just need CPU power, a decent motherboard and want the cheapest possible video card just to get something on the display (i.e. a budget or mid range server). I personally love video cards that don't have fans on them. Fanless cards are great for 24/7 systems or if you want something quiet.

No this isn't a card for a gamer

In 4 one! It's good to have a backup card for my htpc, I have it running on htpc, works great



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014