• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Holy. Carp.

If CableCARDs were hot-swappable, I'd pick one up as a backup for my HDHR.

I have one of these and the HDHR cable card. I like both and both are working well. The drawback to this one is that it is USB and can only be used on one computer where the HDHR can be accessed by all computers (with 3 tuners, up to 3 can access at once).

I love this price, incredible price and I highly recommend this product.

Does this replace the set top box that I am currently renting from my cable company?

atp2000 said:   Does this replace the set top box that I am currently renting from my cable company?

Yes. Windows Media Center then becomes your HD DVR. Provided your PC meets system requirements, it will even work on HBO and other protected channels.

Keep in mind that you gain some benefits (transcoding, placeshifting, unlimited storage, no cable box lease fees, etc). But, you also lose some features too (cloud DVR, on demand programming, etc... unless your cable co offers those services via web streaming too).

how does placeshifting work with this box?

Dead

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014