Fitbit One $80.81 at Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon dropped the price in the Fitbit One to $80.81 for the black version. Link.. Perhaps competition from the Withings Pulse (available Best Buy) is driving the price down.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

fitbit (3.83kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Back to $90+ for me.

anonguy (Jul. 20, 2013 @ 4:49p) |

The reason I do not use $400 computer is because I'm not a pro, I don't need to see how fast I did previous lap and it d... (more)

unnamedny (Jul. 22, 2013 @ 6:54a) |

Price dropped back down to $76.48

cyclespeed (Jul. 22, 2013 @ 2:03p) |

• Also categorized in:

they just dropped the price again: $76.67

cyclespeed said:   they just dropped the price again: $76.67

Thanks - updated post.

The price I see for this on Amazon is $86.50

bakalao2k said:   The price I see for this on Amazon is $86.50

Same here.

This seems to happen a lot with Amazon, their prices go up and down with no warning :[ Now the burgundy one is $81.31

its not sold by Amazon...

there is shipping

cyclespeed said:   This seems to happen a lot with Amazon, their prices go up and down with no warning :[ Now the burgundy one is $81.31

Burgandy $70+5 shipping now.

Black back down to $80.81 at the moment. Not worth canceling and reordering to save the 50 cents over my burgundy order from earlier this afternoon... (what, no, why are you kicking me off of fatwallet? It's only 50 cents???? Wait, I can explain... aaaaaaaahhhhh.....)

After reading a few reviews, it seems like 90% of them are fabricated by the company. It just seems to have way too many flaws if you really think about it. No gps, heart rate monitor, cadence. No thanks.

unnamedny said:   After reading a few reviews, it seems like 90% of them are fabricated by the company.
Really?? It has just shy of 3000 reviews at the moment. That's a really busy company.

It just seems to have way too many flaws if you really think about it. No gps, heart rate monitor, cadence. No thanks.
Fitbit has three current models (and some old ones) at different price points. This is the middle one. There are lots of other, more or less expensive, competitors as well. I wanted something fairly basic that synced to my phone. (Which has gps and I'm sure I could get a cadence app if I wanted one. I guess I'll have to live without a heart rate monitor for now.) I'm not a professional athlete; just a late 40s gadget guy who could use some motivation to get up and move a bit more than I do at the moment.

Murrow said:   Black back down to $80.81 at the moment. Not worth canceling and reordering to save the 50 cents over my burgundy order from earlier this afternoon... (what, no, why are you kicking me off of fatwallet? It's only 50 cents???? Wait, I can explain... aaaaaaaahhhhh.....)

Updated thread with new price. For $.50, we can factor in the time value of money and suggest you are making the better deal choice.

I love my fitbit one.

pros:
After years of bulky pedometers that eventually die, this hooks on to my bra and I forget about it
I like the website interface and it syncs to Myfitnesspal, a free app that allows you to enter food and track calories
It tells you steps, floors of stairs, how many miles you've travelled.
It's more accurate that other pedometers... yes, I do things like count 500 steps and see if it counted correctly.
I can go more than a week without charging it

cons:
It's so small that it's easy to lose. As others have said, there is no gps and there is no way to make it chirp when you lose it.
It does not sync to Android phones
No heart rate monitor

I hope this helps a little. I paid 100 dollars for it and I have no regrets.

I love my fitbit one.

pros:
After years of bulky pedometers that eventually die, this hooks on to my bra and I forget about it
I like the website interface and it syncs to Myfitnesspal, a free app that allows you to enter food and track calories
It's more accurate that other pedometers... yes, I do things like count 500 steps and see if it counted correctly.

cons:
It's so small that it's easy to lose. As others have said, there is no gps and there is no way to make it chirp when you lose it.
No heart rate monitor

These supposedly track sleep right? I've been thinking of getting something to help me determine my "optimum" amount of sleep time.

luvbugium said:   I love my fitbit one.

pros:

cons:
No heart rate monitor

Very accurate, however it does synch with Galaxy S 3 and 4 ...the next update of android is said to have ble so at that point the one will be able to synch with android devices running the latest os version (4.3.3?)

price went up to $91.63 and the burgundy is $81.57. Not sure what the difference is but for comparisons Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker is $169 (black/plum)http://www.amazon.com/Fitbit-Wireless-Activity-Sleep-Tracker/dp/...

cyclespeed said:   price went up to $91.63 and the burgundy is $81.57. Not sure what the difference is but for comparisons Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker is $169 (black/plum)http://www.amazon.com/Fitbit-Wireless-Activity-Sleep-Tracker/dp/...

The Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker is very hard to read, Fitbit stop making them.

The Fitbit One is the new one with a ez to read screen.

My wife had both, Fitbit Ultra broke.
She e-mail fitbit and they told her Ultra is not made any more, Sent here a new Fitbit One.

One more thing you cant call Fitbit you have to e-mail them.

Interesting ~ thanks for the info. I'm still debating buying one as I still have my BodyMedia which is kind of cumbersome on the arm.

The One is water resistant - not quite proof - in case you toss it in the washer. The Ultra is not.

Fitbit's "top of the line" is their Flex or wristband to compete with Jawbone. Nike's Fuel still does not track sleep.

The One can show you current reading. I think the Flex and the other bracelet ones will only show data via your computer or phone. If memory serves, Jawbone was only with iOS, but they may have fixed that by now.

I often use the One on my wrist using their band meant really for night use.

Murrow said:   unnamedny said:   After reading a few reviews, it seems like 90% of them are fabricated by the company.
Really?? It has just shy of 3000 reviews at the moment. That's a really busy company.

It just seems to have way too many flaws if you really think about it. No gps, heart rate monitor, cadence. No thanks.
Fitbit has three current models (and some old ones) at different price points. This is the middle one. There are lots of other, more or less expensive, competitors as well. I wanted something fairly basic that synced to my phone. (Which has gps and I'm sure I could get a cadence app if I wanted one. I guess I'll have to live without a heart rate monitor for now.) I'm not a professional athlete; just a late 40s gadget guy who could use some motivation to get up and move a bit more than I do at the moment.

I do not think it's worth it. Here is why. I jog and I cycle and I don't really give a damn about steps I do, even if I did, This device could not give me any accurate data. You can count steps, but each step is slightly different, it also depends on shoes you are wearing. Also it depends on the weather and weight you have one you. If you walk in 60 degrees weather for an hour, that's slightly different than walking for an hour in 90 degrees weather. So it can not be trusted with the calories burned or distance traveled at all.

Food input is just ridiculous. I don't think it has an option for GU gel or Power gel let's say, I also don't know how many calories that slice of sausage has. I don't think this device knows either.

And why would I need to know how well I slept? It's like this device telling "Well you did not sleep well last night, try it harder next night". How is it supposed to make you sleep better if it tracks your movements at night? Like next night you are going to lay in your bed for 8 hours like a dead body in coffin. Ridiculous!

I don't think it would motivate anyone to do more exercises, it's just another Bowflex that's going to get dusty in the corner. If you really want to a motivation, have someone tell you in your face (preferably opposite gender you don't know too well) you are an ugly fat ass and you don't need to waste this $80.

I watched a few reviews on Youtube regarding this product and some of them have affiliate links to Amazon, so you might count it as paid review.

Bottom line is, if you think you do not move around enough and you are not a busy dad or mom, spend this 30 minutes a day jogging and not charging/resetting/syncing/turning on/off/putting elsewhere this device.

unnamedny said:   Murrow said:   unnamedny said:   After reading a few reviews, it seems like 90% of them are fabricated by the company.

I do not think it's worth it. Here is why. I jog and I cycle and I don't really give a damn about steps I do, even if I did, This device could not give me any accurate data. You can count steps, but each step is slightly different, it also depends on shoes you are wearing. Also it depends on the weather and weight you have one you. If you walk in 60 degrees weather for an hour, that's slightly different than walking for an hour in 90 degrees weather. So it can not be trusted with the calories burned or distance traveled at all.

Food input is just ridiculous. I don't think it has an option for GU gel or Power gel let's say, I also don't know how many calories that slice of sausage has. I don't think this device knows either.

And why would I need to know how well I slept? It's like this device telling "Well you did not sleep well last night, try it harder next night". How is it supposed to make you sleep better if it tracks your movements at night? Like next night you are going to lay in your bed for 8 hours like a dead body in coffin. Ridiculous!

I don't think it would motivate anyone to do more exercises, it's just another Bowflex that's going to get dusty in the corner. If you really want to a motivation, have someone tell you in your face (preferably opposite gender you don't know too well) you are an ugly fat ass and you don't need to waste this $80.

I watched a few reviews on Youtube regarding this product and some of them have affiliate links to Amazon, so you might count it as paid review.

Bottom line is, if you think you do not move around enough and you are not a busy dad or mom, spend this 30 minutes a day jogging and not charging/resetting/syncing/turning on/off/putting elsewhere this device.

Well it is not for you, My wife loves hers she is pushing 60 and her Fitbit give her the motivation to exercise every day.
It works for her. ( Worth the money )

unnamedny said:   Murrow said:   unnamedny said:   After reading a few reviews, it seems like 90% of them are fabricated by the company.

So I guess you don't use a $150 heartrate monitor or a $300 - $400 bike computer either. There is nothing wrong with a person wanting to track their fitness and if that means they want to know how many steps they take or they want to take the time to input their food and that means they get off their fat ass then it's all good. Right?

Back to $90+ for me.

above said: So I guess you don't use a $150 heartrate monitor or a $300 - $400 bike computer either. There is nothing wrong with a person wanting to track their fitness and if that means they want to know how many steps they take or they want to take the time to input their food and that means they get off their fat ass then it's all good. Right?

The reason I do not use $400 computer is because I'm not a pro, I don't need to see how fast I did previous lap and it does not matter how hard my heart suffered because I do not push it to the limit. I use my phone for tracking my data and it's VERY accurate in terms of the distance and elevation.

Now I look at Fitbit and I do not see anything interesting in it, but inconvenience of having some tiny device on you at all time. It tracks your steps, but well, it's not accurate, it tracks elevation gained, but well it's not accurate again. It tracks calories, but again not accurate. It supposedly "help" you sleep, but it has nothing to do with your sleep habit or pattern. It Sync's, but sometimes gives errors as it mentioned in the reviews on Amazon. As it was mentioned before it only gives you a motivation, by giving you false data of exercising for the day.

I'm sorry I do not think it deserves to be in anyone's pocket and especially be included in Fatwallet deals.

Price dropped back down to $76.48

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014