• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
In the Fire of the Eastern Front: The Experiences of a Dutch Waffen-SS Volunteer, 1941-45 (Stackpole Military History Series) [Kindle Edition] was $18.95

Hendrick C. Verton (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BZBJ91O

Publication Date: February 1, 2010

Publisher: Stackpole Books

8 Reviews ★★★.5

#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Americas > United States > Military History > Veterans

● Extraordinary story of a Dutch volunteer in the Waffen-SS
● Vivid details on SS training and combat on the Eastern Front
● Account of the little-known siege of Breslau in early 1945

Dutch SS accounts are very rare, particularly ones that describe recruiting, training, and frontline service as completely and colorfully as In the Fire of the Eastern Front. Hendrick C. Verton volunteered for the Waffen-SS in early 1941 and fought on the Eastern Front until the end of the war as a member of the 5th SS Panzer Division and SS Regiment Besslein.

About the Author
Hendrick C. Verton lives in the Netherlands.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

book (21.31kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

how come there are so many free nazi SS books lately? I also want to read the allied side.

SSi said:   how come there are so many free nazi SS books lately? I also want to read the allied side.

no clue who decides to offer these as FREE Amazon or the Author

Another great find thank you!

SSi said:   how come there are so many free nazi SS books lately? I also want to read the allied side.I like to read about the war between the Germans and the Russians, as that was and is the most savage fighting and on the largest scale of any way in human history. It's just unbelievable, how insane those people fought one another, how nuts the Germans were going in and then how nuts the Russians got when marching the Germans backwards to their graves -- payback. I wish that there were books offered from the Russian perspective, offered in ebook format I mean, as so many have come out since the fall of communism. Still, there are more German (and those who fought with the Germans) books written, and printed.

All you have to do is put the word Nazi or a swastika symbol on the front of your book and it will get attention, much more than a red star or any US or British symbols of war.

AusTex Deal Seeker said:   SSi said:   how come there are so many free nazi SS books lately? I also want to read the allied side.I like to read about the war between the Germans and the Russians, as that was and is the most savage fighting and on the largest scale of any way in human history. It's just unbelievable, how insane those people fought one another, how nuts the Germans were going in and then how nuts the Russians got when marching the Germans backwards to their graves -- payback. I wish that there were books offered from the Russian perspective, offered in ebook format I mean, as so many have come out since the fall of communism. Still, there are more German (and those who fought with the Germans) books written, and printed.

All you have to do is put the word Nazi or a swastika symbol on the front of your book and it will get attention, much more than a red star or any US or British symbols of war.
True words! I've had the opportunity to speak with former German soldiers that fought under the Nazi regime, both on the Eastern and the Western fronts. To a man, each and every one that served on the Western front felt very lucky to have been there instead of the Eastern front. Also, to a man, those who fought on the Eastern front wished they could have been anywhere else, including hell itself, than fighting the Russians on the Eastern front. The stories they told, the savagery, the unspeakable horrors, all were just in a days' work for both sides in that front of the war. Remember too that many German soldiers never returned even after the war was over. One man I met and spoke with at length was forced to work as slave labor in a Russian coal mine, on his hands and knees, for 16 years after the war ended. Rations were barely enough to keep one alive, treatment was beyond "brutal," and there was no medical care if you got sick. He felt lucky that he lived. Most of those he knew did not.

The German army fell so swiftly that they did not have time to destroy their archives which were confiscate by the allies.

It is from these papers that The "Rise and Fall of the Third Reich" was written. $1.99 kindle ed great book

http://www.amazon.com/Rise-Fall-Third-Reich-ebook/dp/B005Z57E18/...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014