• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

chain cleaner
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

wondering if this is big enough to handle a 530 (motorcycle) chain...

Looks identical to this one for $7, also free shipping

http://www.bestofferbuy.com/Cycling-Bike-Bicycle-Chain-Cleaner-C...

Trying to decide if a clean chain is important. I never cleaned a chain before and didn't seem to have any problems.

It reduces wear on the chain/drivetrain components, extending the life of the parts. You can clean the chain by hand, on or off the bike, but it's a bit messy and a pain to get completely clean. I usually just grab a rag, put some degreaser/cleaner on it, and hold the rag to the chain as I run it. Then again, my family's bikes are all low-milage or indoor use only, so it's not a huge deal for me.

Overzeetop said:   Looks identical to this one for $7, also free shipping

http://www.bestofferbuy.com/Cycling-Bike-Bicycle-Chain-Cleaner-C...

Thanks. Just ordered one from there and a couple other little $2.xx items that I needed.

These things are very cheaply made and tend to break in one use (at least some portion of the plastic tends to crack). Don't expect much out of this.

I bought one of these from DX a few years ago. I ride my bike to work almost every day in the spring/summer/fall. It is about 8 miles round trip.

The cleaner device is fairly cheap, but I have not had any problem after about 3-4 uses. To use it, I add water and some degreaser and run the chain through it for about one minute. After that, I rinse it and add a chain lubricant. It removes all of the gunk that builds up from rain and dirt and lots of use. It only takes a few minutes to use and is not too messy.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014