• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
American Express - $25 Statement Credit When You Spend $250 @ Best Buy!!

Logged into my american express account this morning and saw an offer for $25 back when you spend $250 at Best Buy!!! Expires 9/8/13

Offer valid in-store & online at www.bestbuy.com. Offer excludes Best Buy Express, Gift Cards, e-gift cards & standalone Pacific Sales stores. If item ordered during promotion is not shipped until after 9/8/13, it may not count towards qualifying purchase. Enrollment for the offer is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: AOXH:0001

Thanks to icon5585 op sd

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

amx
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
"Amex Sync ‏@AmexSync 4m

@solomonshv Sorry, max # of Cardmembers have enrolled in #AmexBestBuy. Visit http://amex.co/fave... (more)

terroralpha (Aug. 20, 2013 @ 5:13a) |

Why is this marked as expired ? It says valid till 9/8

tajar96 (Aug. 31, 2013 @ 11:54a) |

Expired = registration is over/full so no one else can sign up for the offer

If you alrdy signed up then you have until t... (more)

jatan1986 (Aug. 31, 2013 @ 3:14p) |

YMMV. Targeted offer.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Perfect! Buying a fridge today!

it may relate to the type of card you have. I have SPG Amex card and I saw different offers but no bestbuy...

Huh, it indicates no gift cards, but I don't see how AMEX would be able to determine on their end that a gift card was bought?

YMMV. I presume this should show up in the "Offers For You" tab. It isn't there for me at this moment. I have a Costco Am-Ex, fwiw.

burkotron5k said:   Huh, it indicates no gift cards, but I don't see how AMEX would be able to determine on their end that a gift card was bought?

Ya, if I buy Kindle GCs worth $250, how would they know?

kvs25 said:   burkotron5k said:   Huh, it indicates no gift cards, but I don't see how AMEX would be able to determine on their end that a gift card was bought?

Ya, if I buy Kindle GCs worth $250, how would they know?


If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit.

So buy a $250 gift card and get it for $225?

No go for me. I have an American Express Hilton Hhonors card.

horizon6 said:   kvs25 said:   burkotron5k said:   Huh, it indicates no gift cards, but I don't see how AMEX would be able to determine on their end that a gift card was bought?

Ya, if I buy Kindle GCs worth $250, how would they know?


If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit.


I did this late last year and got the $20 from AMEX (I believe it was $20 for $100 BB purchase, and bought a Kindle card). Not sure if anything has changed.

no go for me either (costco amex)

I have three amex cards and i have that offer on all the three cards, AMEX BLUE, AMEX Hilton Honors and AMEX Skymiles)

I have AMEX BCE and Blue Sky. Saw this in the terms:
Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels.

Can I buy two $250 worth of Kindle GCs and a soda (to make it a less obvious total) and get the statement credit on each card?

mecadamia said:   I have three amex cards and i have that offer on all the three cards, AMEX BLUE, AMEX Hilton Honors and AMEX Skymiles)

Interesting. Since I also have an Am Ex Hilton Hhonors and didn't get the offer, this deal must definitely be targeted only to certain customers. That is fine with me as I rarely shop at Best Buy anyways.

The offer is available to me on my American Express Optima credit card.

bigdinkel said:   So buy a $250 gift card and get it for $225?

No, you buy a $250 gift card for $250 and several days later get a $25 statement credit.

Don't forget you'll earn points/CB/miles on the $250. so this is > 11% CB.

Wife has BCE and Blue Sky linked to same login. Once I attached the offer to her BCE card, we were unable to attach it again to her Blue Sky card. I have a separate login for my AU card on the BCE. I logged in and attached it to my BCE card (AMEX gives different numbers for the AU cards). I plan on buying a $250 gift card and a miscellaneous $1 item with each BCE card. I will try to report back and see if I have any luck at getting both statement credits.

Thanks OP!
I have this offer showing up only on my BCE and not on any other of my AMEX.

I have the offer on a Costco AmEx.

Offer is targeted by cardmember, not to all holders of a AmEx card brand.

djtitati said:   Don't forget you'll earn points/CB/miles on the $250. so this is > 11% CB.

Wife has BCE and Blue Sky linked to same login. Once I attached the offer to her BCE card, we were unable to attach it again to her Blue Sky card. I have a separate login for my AU card on the BCE. I logged in and attached it to my BCE card (AMEX gives different numbers for the AU cards). I plan on buying a $250 gift card and a miscellaneous $1 item with each BCE card. I will try to report back and see if I have any luck at getting both statement credits.


Saw this as well. Wife has BCP and BGR, saw the offer available on both but when added to BGR, it was not addable to BCP. Logged into the account I have as an AU on her BCP and was able to add offer.

Credit goes to Heady at SD for this, which worked for me: tweet to #amexbestbuy and the offer will show up on your synced card.

bigdinkel said:   So buy a $250 gift card and get it for $225?

Gift cards are excluded

My Blue card has this offer , but damn I could have used this on the receiver I just purchased .

where can I see this offer?

I'm able to find in "Offers For You" tab in the "Account Home" home page bottom R.H.S.
Thanks

No offer on Costco Amex, but it was there under a business card.

You don't have to receive the offer on the card. Just tweet #amexbestbuy on a synced twitter account.

https://sync.americanexpress.com/twitter/offerterms/F0DB7D8D5273...

Buy a PS4.

Just preorder a Nexus 7 , 25$ off 229+tax*fees

stereo55 said:   My Blue card has this offer , but damn I could have used this on the receiver I just purchased .

Return/Rebuy. (not necessarily in the same order)

You don't have to touch the one you already bought and opened. Buy a new one with AmEx, and return it with the old receipt.

king0fSpades said:   bigdinkel said:   So buy a $250 gift card and get it for $225?

Gift cards are excluded


That wording has stopped almost no offers ever.

king0fSpades said:   bigdinkel said:   So buy a $250 gift card and get it for $225?

Gift cards are excluded


Return an item you bought with the card for in-store credit.

Thanks, did the tweet and I am now eligible.

intleu said:   stereo55 said:   My Blue card has this offer , but damn I could have used this on the receiver I just purchased .

Return/Rebuy. (not necessarily in the same order)

You don't have to touch the one you already bought and opened. Buy a new one with AmEx, and return it with the old receipt.


Careful. Some of the receipts have serial # on them.

Veeekay said:   intleu said:   stereo55 said:   My Blue card has this offer , but damn I could have used this on the receiver I just purchased .

Return/Rebuy. (not necessarily in the same order)

You don't have to touch the one you already bought and opened. Buy a new one with AmEx, and return it with the old receipt.


Careful. Some of the receipts have serial # on them.


You're right, my bad. Have to be careful about that part. If that's the case, it will have to be an actual return/rebuy.

Others at SD are confirming that buying the Amazon Kindle cards DO work, so I will be doing that tonight and will report back. They've always worked in the past.

would a qualifying purchase include the purchase after taxes? For example I spent a little under $240 and the purchase at the register is slightly over $250

Perfect timing...lots of baby stuff to buy...thx!

Skipping 39 Messages...
Expired = registration is over/full so no one else can sign up for the offer

If you alrdy signed up then you have until the exp date to use it



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.