• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Just got back buying 250 worth of Kindle gift cards and before I got to my car I had an email from Amex thanking me for my purchase.

I have two Amex's - Hilton and a really really old Blue. Got it on the Blue but not on Hilton.

Nothing on my Blue Cash's offers page but registered through the twitter option. Was planning on buying a TV this weekend at Best Buy anyways so this makes it all the better.

Had offer listed, looks like its good until 9/8/2013. I'll wait until sale on Nexus 7 2, price match then get $25 extra! Works for me!

I saw it for both my Costco TrueEarnings and Delta Skymiles cards. Thanks OP. Not sure if I'll spend $250 at BB though.

AMEX Offers
Disclaimer
Just logged into my AMEX Business Gold Card and noticed these offers. Here's the fine print on some of them.

Barnes & Nobles - Spend $25 or more and get $5 back
Get a one-time $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $25 or more in-store at Barnes & Noble by 8/31/13.
Offer is not valid at BN.com or at Barnes & Noble college bookstores or websites. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent to you until after 8/31/13, it will not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment for the offer is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.

Travelocity - Spend $200 or more and get $50 back
Get a one-time $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $200 or more on a GoodBuy or Top Secret Hotel booking online at Travelocity.com by 7/31/13.
To redeem, you must select the hotel only option at Travelocity.com and select a GoodBuy or Top Secret Hotel. You will earn the statement credit only for GoodBuy or Top Secret hotel purchases of $200 or more made at Travelocity.com by 7/31/13. You will not earn the statement credit if you book the hotel as part of a vacation package or if you pay for your hotel stay directly with the hotel property. Enrollment for the offer is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it.

If you can't find it, try twitter!

I tried looking for it on the amex website and couldn't find it on my account. I looked for it on facebook and I couldn't find it. On a limb, I tried tweeting "#amexbestbuy" (saw that on the "other" site) on my linked twitter account. I typically get a reply tweet from AMEX confirming the sync, but I didn't this time.

I figured it didn't work, but when I signed back onto my AMEX account it now shows up under "My Offers"!!

I have COSTCO and SKYMILES AMEX cards and the offer was available only on the latter. Of all the things, I was planning to buy a mattress at BB. It is inside BB, but looks like Gardner White. Hopefully the receipt will be in the BB name and the purchase qualifies.

I have AX Blue and got the offer. After reading the thread, I searched for B&N offer which I didn't get from AX page, found the link to AX Twitter...cool! Thanks OP!

Now I just need to find a computer for under $300 that looks good.

Went to a best buy in South County St. Louis last night. Walked the whole store and couldn't find Kindle Gift Cards. Strangely, there was a large display for Best Buy gift cards and all but 6 had been picked through. Sounds like a lot of others know about this deal.

Anyone care to share where I should look for Kindle gift cards inside BB. Are they by the Kindles?

The Kindle gift cards are usually in the same section where they sell tablets.

djtitati said:   Went to a best buy in South County St. Louis last night. Walked the whole store and couldn't find Kindle Gift Cards. Strangely, there was a large display for Best Buy gift cards and all but 6 had been picked through. Sounds like a lot of others know about this deal.

Anyone care to share where I should look for Kindle gift cards inside BB. Are they by the Kindles?
Check under the Kindle display if it has accessories under it or in the tablet accessories aisle

I got the offer on my Blue, but not my Costco card.

djtitati said:   

Yes they are with the tablets. I know this must seem like sacrilege but you can (shudder) ask an employee where they are too.

Ditto for me.

tajar96 said:   I have two Amex's - Hilton and a really really old Blue. Got it on the Blue but not on Hilton.

Just found the deal on twitter. If you're synced, you can just tweet #AmexBestBuy or for instructions go here: $25 Best Buy

lambo881 said:   Just found the deal on twitter. If you're synced, you can just tweet #AmexBestBuy or for instructions go here: $25 Best Buy

Joined twitter just for this and got the deal instantly. Thanks!

Is it Small Business Saturday again ALREADY?!?!

When you deposit a Kindle gift card into your Amazon.com account, it can be used for any purchases, not just Kindle-related purchases. Is that right?

MrVietnam said:   When you deposit a Kindle gift card into your Amazon.com account, it can be used for any purchases, not just Kindle-related purchases. Is that right?Kindle GCs are the same as regular Amazon GCs

Has anyone tried purchasing a $250 BBuy gift card?

I tried to purchase 10 $25 Kindle cards (They didn't carry or were sold out of $50 Kindle cards), but the cashier said they had a limit of 5 pre-paid cards per customer. Because the $250 all had to be in one purchase I just left without buying anything.

MrVietnam said:   I tried to purchase 10 $25 Kindle cards (They didn't carry or were sold out of $50 Kindle cards), but the cashier said they had a limit of 5 pre-paid cards per customer. Because the $250 all had to be in one purchase I just left without buying anything.

CSRs have occasionally mentioned a rule like that but every time, after checking, they say it does not apply to the Kindle cards.

Does it have to be a single item > $250 or can it be a collection of items > $250 in a single purchase?

abbygrace said:   Does it have to be a single item > $250 or can it be a collection of items > $250 in a single purchase?

Multiple items in one purchase have been ok in the past for this type of promotion.

I went back and found 3 $50 Kindle GCs and a pile of $25 KGCs. Went to the register with 7 total KGCs totalling $250 (plus a soda to make the total not obvious). Was told about the 5 GC limit. I politely explained that I was hoping to buy 5 $50 cards but there were only 3 on the rack. I asked if he could see if they "had any more in the back." they did but couldn't find them. They said "let's try ringing up 7." 7 KGCs rang up just fine and I'm a happy camper.

Also, I was able to get 4 offers total loaded, one for the main user and authorized user (diff card numbers for amex) for our Blue Sky and Blue Cash Everyday cards. I did this through loading one offer on each card through the website and one via a synced twitter account. I'll report back if I'm able to get 4 total statement credits ($100 swing for $1000 in Amazon gift cards is niiiice).

Nice. Stack with $50 gift card with iPad purchase if you're in the market.

unfortunately not in the market for ipad at the moment. as most people are doing (i assume), i'll liquidate the GCs via AP this weekend and rinse my hands clean for the WalMart.com deal.

djtitati said:   i'll liquidate the GCs via AP this weekend and rinse my hands clean for the WalMart.com deal.
how can you liquidate GCs on AP? Am I missing something?

my bad. i'm a AP newb. I thought I could send via Amazon credits in my account. doesn't seem to be the case. oh well. i pretty much buy everything with Amazon anyways

I've used 3 of 4 AMEX cards, and I've received all three $25 credits so far, despite 2 of the 4 cards being AU cards. This is a great deal!

Used to buy $205 in Kindle/iTunes gift cards and ONE $50 item, $25 credit came within two or three days (including weekend). Worked fine!

Butcherboy, you and MisterCheap are da MEN!

djtitati said:   I went back and found 3 $50 Kindle GCs and a pile of $25 KGCs. Went to the register with 7 total KGCs totalling $250 (plus a soda to make the total not obvious). Was told about the 5 GC limit. I politely explained that I was hoping to buy 5 $50 cards but there were only 3 on the rack. I asked if he could see if they "had any more in the back." they did but couldn't find them. They said "let's try ringing up 7." 7 KGCs rang up just fine and I'm a happy camper.

Also, I was able to get 4 offers total loaded, one for the main user and authorized user (diff card numbers for amex) for our Blue Sky and Blue Cash Everyday cards. I did this through loading one offer on each card through the website and one via a synced twitter account. I'll report back if I'm able to get 4 total statement credits ($100 swing for $1000 in Amazon gift cards is niiiice).

Interesting. I purchased >10 $25 KGCs (it was all they had left; all the other KGCs on the rack had been picked clean and they had no more in the back) and the cashier didn't bat an eyelash. He did check that the name on my ID matched my credit card, but that was all. I received the credit on my Amex BCP statement the next day. I would have bought more GCs, but I don't really buy much stuff from Amazon anymore and I already have several hundred $ tied up in them not doing anything (I have the codes saved and not yet applied to my account).

This can be used on AMEX-branded cards if you sync them with Twitter. I have a BoA AMEX and it has been eligible for every single BB deal thus far, and a few others in addition.

i got this offer when checking in on 4square with my synced amex as well

"Amex Sync ‏@AmexSync 4m

@solomonshv Sorry, max # of Cardmembers have enrolled in #AmexBestBuy. Visit http://amex.co/faves  for more offers"

well, shit... i was hoping to use this, along with $100 in rewards certificates and giftcards, to justify buying a $340 computer case. i guess i'll just have to settle for the 5% CB from discover. Anyone know any other best buy promos going on now?

Why is this marked as expired ? It says valid till 9/8

Expired = registration is over/full so no one else can sign up for the offer

If you alrdy signed up then you have until the exp date to use it

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014