• Text Only
russ0519 said:   

So those who ordered from Amazon yesterday, but for orders that won't ship for a month or so, do we still get the Netflix deal?


As noted from Google:

"If you ordered a Chromecast before 1pm PST on July 25, 2013, you are eligible for the Netflix promotion and will receive an email with the promo code after your device ships."

Plus tax which brought it up to more than $42
I will wait for another promotion with free shipping!

From all the articles I've read so far, this thing doesn't allow you to stream local content. Hmmm.

^ what's local content? i only understand cloud

I ordered one from BB an hour ago, and the Netflikz promo was included. That said, BB ending up cancelling my order shortly thereafter as the store did not have stock after all, so they say.

More snafus from BB's rock-solid ordering/inventory system.

respdoc said:   russ0519 said:   

So those who ordered from Amazon yesterday, but for orders that won't ship for a month or so, do we still get the Netflix deal?


As noted from Google:

"If you ordered a Chromecast before 1pm PST on July 25, 2013, you are eligible for the Netflix promotion and will receive an email with the promo code after your device ships."

Where did Google say this? I ordered at 12:55pm PST and want to save a screen cap of it. Thanks!

del

Got 1 at BB Polaris Pkwy Columbus OH around 2:00pm Netflix promo printed

Netflix Promotion No Longer Available
Please note that the Netflix promotional offer (which was available in limited supply) has now ended. Customers who ordered their Chromecast prior to 5:31 PM PST on July 24, 2013 will receive a Netflix gift code via email within 5 days of their product's ship date.

http://www.amazon.com/Google-Chromecast-Streaming-Media-Player/d...

This thing needs additional power source. Seems I need to build a power house in the back of my stand for apple-tv/Roku/dvd/wii/uverse/tv/home-theater.

nm

Posted that the Netflicks code has no limit, so you could buy multiple Chromecasts and return them after you...ah, nevernind. And the codes stack with existing NFLX users†

fatxman said:   It only works with google stuff. Not cool.
perfect, I was looking for a reason to post this.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/25/tech/gaming-gadgets/google-chromec...

Essentially, if you can watch it on a computer, tablet or phone screen, you'll be able to watch it on your TV.
That's the logical end goal of Web streaming, and many analysts are saying Google struck a huge blow by being the first to offer it up in a way that the typical consumer can understand and use.
"By coming out early at an extremely affordable price, Google may wind up dominating the TV delivery industry," consumer tech analyst Larry Magid wrote for Forbes. "It's hard to imagine that Hulu, Major League Baseball, HBO Go and every other content provider isn't beating a path to their door. I imagine that the TV networks, too, are anxious to get their content on the device."

kind of like INTEL WIDI display?

sychang888 said:   kind of like INTEL WIDI display††
Not even close. This isn't Widi or Miracast.

It's Airplay, Google style.

Do some googling if this is confusing. I learened over the yerars that way.

i ordered through bestbuy at 4 pm with in-store pickup today. picked it up at 5:30 and received Netflix code shortly after. this was at bailey's crossroads best buy in falls church, va. i'm very, very impressed with the device.

I bought it on Amazon, Netflix code was not provided. If anyone has a Netflix code that they are not using I am graciously requesting that you allow me to use your code. Please private message me. Thank you in advance.

my BB order shipped today. curious to see what this one is capable of

Anyone who ordered through bestbuy.Com received Netflix code. Mine is shipped but no code yet.

AWG8404 said:   I bought it on Amazon, Netflix code was not provided. If anyone has a Netflix code that they are not using I am graciously requesting that you allow me to use your code. Please private message me. Thank you in advance.


You need to read and understand the terms/timeframe under which the code will be sent from Amazon. If you feel like panhandling..try a mall entrance.

I just score 1 from BB for store pick-up, BB's website still shows the Netflix offer, not sure if they will honor the offer? Or only the Google and Amazon has ended the offer?

M&M said:   Anyone who ordered through bestbuy.Com received Netflix code. Mine is shipped but no code yet. Code arrived tonight, same day as my shipping notice.

henryryu said:   I just score 1 from BB for store pick-up, BB's website still shows the Netflix offer, not sure if they will honor the offer? Or only the Google and Amazon has ended the offer?What did BB tell you after you asked their customer service or the store? I'd go with that.

Uh Oh! I ordered at Wed, 24 Jul 2013 18:01:54 -0700 (PDT) . When I ordered, there was no indication of this message though ....

CUPIDANGEL said:   Netflix Promotion No Longer Available
Please note that the Netflix promotional offer (which was available in limited supply) has now ended. Customers who ordered their Chromecast prior to 5:31 PM PST on July 24, 2013 will receive a Netflix gift code via email within 5 days of their product's ship date.

http://www.amazon.com/Google-Chromecast-Streaming-Media-Player/d...

coolbreeze said:   sychang888 said:   kind of like INTEL WIDI display††
Not even close. This isn't Widi or Miracast.

It's Airplay, Google style.

Do some googling if this is confusing. I learened over the yerars that way.

It's not really airplay either as you are not streaming from the phone or tablet. This is collaborative computing. The concept is not new, but the application is innovative.

I haven't received the device yet, but someone who has the device can try this test. Use ctlr+O to open a media file in chrome and cast that tab to the device using Google cast. Does that work?

Adaghost said:   From all the articles I've read so far, this thing doesn't allow you to stream local content. Hmmm.

respdoc said:   AWG8404 said:   I bought it on Amazon, Netflix code was not provided. If anyone has a Netflix code that they are not using I am graciously requesting that you allow me to use your code. Please private message me. Thank you in advance.


You need to read and understand the terms/timeframe under which the code will be sent from Amazon. If you feel like panhandling..try a mall entrance.


Post of the year!

M&M said:   Anyone who ordered through bestbuy.Com received Netflix code. Mine is shipped but no code yet.

Mine hasn't shipped but I received an email to download my 3 month subscription...

Ordered mine from BB with RZ points I had enough to pay $0 for the device. Received my "digital download" notice with the code for the Netflix promo. However when I enter it in the Netflix website it errors out saying that it is looping and will not finish so it kills it. Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE. All do it. I even tried killing the cookies and such. No go.

cerumens said:   M&M said:   Anyone who ordered through bestbuy.Com received Netflix code. Mine is shipped but no code yet.

Mine hasn't shipped but I received an email to download my 3 month subscription...
Mine just shipped last night and I haven't received a code yet either. My order was at 2:45pm PT on the 24th so well before the cutoff time. Not worried yet, but if I don't get my code, I'll return it to Amazon.

Picked up mine at Best Buy last night. Great little device. Great job Google. Can't beat the price.

kameleon said:   Ordered mine from BB with RZ points I had enough to pay $0 for the device. Received my "digital download" notice with the code for the Netflix promo. However when I enter it in the Netflix website it errors out saying that it is looping and will not finish so it kills it. Has anyone else had this problem? I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE. All do it. I even tried killing the cookies and such. No go.

I had a looping problem when I was trying to checkout. I had to remove the Free Netflix from my Shopping Cart in order to place the order. I will try to get them to grant it today but I'm not very hopeful.

I'm interested in using this to watch blacked out MLB.tv games on my Plasma TV. I can watch them in Chrome via an extension that masks my IP. I'm curious to see if I'll be able to "cast" the stream from my Chrome browser to the TV. I'm suspecting it might be problematic as Chromecast will be on my LAN with an IP from Anytown, USA and the Chrome browser will have an IP address of Latvia.

Got mine yesterday from Amazon. For anyone who is interested in streaming video off Chrome Browser Tab, it doesn't really work right now. Everything (HTML 5, Flash) shows up on the TV, but it freezes/skips every few seconds making it unwatchable. I tried many different streaming sites (hulu, MTV, Spike TV, etc..), resolution, full screen/window mode, and none of them work without freezing/skipping. Maybe it will improve later when it is out of "beta", but right now it is pretty much only good for static webpages, pictures, and audio. Audio came thru fine and no buffering. Netflix and YouTube came out fine too and no buffering. If you want to watch your own video via Chromecast on TV, you could upload it to YouTube and watch it from there!

I am still waiting for my Netflix code. Hopefully it will come as I ordered mine before 10AM.

Need said:   For anyone who is interested in streaming video off Chrome Browser Tab, it doesn't really work right now. Everything (HTML 5, Flash) shows up on the TV, but it freezes/skips every few seconds making it unwatchable. I tried many different streaming sites (hulu, MTV, Spike TV, etc..), resolution, full screen/window mode, and none of them work without freezing/skipping. Maybe it will improve later when it is out of "beta", but right now it is pretty much only good for static webpages, pictures, and audio.That depends on how fast your computer is and how good your network connection is.

Back in stock for free shipping with Netflix promo at Bestbuy.com

Nevermind, it's OOS again...

pboy said:   Back in stock for free shipping with Netflix promo at Bestbuy.com



Yes..it says with the Netflix promo...but yet to be confirmed.

KayK said:   Need said:   For anyone who is interested in streaming video off Chrome Browser Tab, it doesn't really work right now. Everything (HTML 5, Flash) shows up on the TV, but it freezes/skips every few seconds making it unwatchable. I tried many different streaming sites (hulu, MTV, Spike TV, etc..), resolution, full screen/window mode, and none of them work without freezing/skipping. Maybe it will improve later when it is out of "beta", but right now it is pretty much only good for static webpages, pictures, and audio.That depends on how fast your computer is and how good your network connection is.

I think both my computer and connection are at least average. Computer is an i7 gaming laptop with dedicated video and my internet connection is at 20Mbps down 5Mbps up. I am on Windows 7. I read someone said that the streaming works on their Chromebook...

I just ordered this from Bestbuy and they sent it to me via digital download for the Netflix

aadam101 said:   Picked up mine at Best Buy last night. Great little device. Great job Google. Can't beat the price.
I'v switched from Microsoft Koolaid to Google flavor.

Adaghost said:   From all the articles I've read so far, this thing doesn't allow you to stream local content. Hmmm.
you haven't read the right ones.
Chromecast can play local video files from your computer to a TV.
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/25/tip-you-can-play-local-vide...



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014