• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
B&N themselves are giving a $20 GC so this beats that. REDcard brings it down further.

Yes it's an eReader only but If you want a simple eReader, this is a pretty good product. It has a microSD card slot, which the Kindle doesn't. Root it (very easy) and you can load the Kindle app.

With a little luck maybe this can get better. A month ago these were ringing up for $32 at Target, so perhaps...

Link

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In a related deal, you might be able to get one for $6.50 through Staples B&M with coupon. YMMV.

Canucklehead said:   Not just an E-reader...

Well I did mention that. I figured people knew how to use Google but here you go... I got more if anyone needs them.

4 easy steps

10 apps

bru20 said:   *Starts 7/28*

B&N themselves are giving a $20 GC so this beats that. REDcard brings it down further.

Yes it's an eReader only but If you want a simple eReader, this is a pretty good product. It has an SD card slot, which the Kindle doesn't. Root it (very easy) and you can load the Kindle app.

With a little luck maybe this can get better. A month ago these were ringing up for $32 at Target, so perhaps...

Link

It does not have SD card slot. It has micro SD card slot. If it is below $20 after GC. It would be a hot deal. I am not so keen on paying sales tax on the $30 GC.

kickerstarter said:   It does not have SD card slot. It has micro SD card slot. Technically it has a microSD slot. Some use the terms SD and microSD interchangeably. Wikipedia Regardless I changed it.

kickerstarter said:   If it is below $20 after GC. It would be a hot deal. . For some it might be.

Nook is a great reader - especially in sunlight; however the future of the Nook is in question. Sales are not good. I believe B&N CEO stepped down.

Well, good news then...doesn't matter what happens with the future of nook, you can root the Simple Touch and install the Kindle app or whatever other store-based or independent e-reader app you want (as well as a variety of other apps).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014