• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Stereodude said:   glanwin said:   mcentrelli said:    Wondering if online orders will be cancelled.

I used Discover Card to get extra 5% Cash Back and the order status is "Shipped from warehouse" now. The expected delivery date is 08/01/2013. I guess UPS has to hold it at local facility for a few days.

I ordered the 32GB one from the Staples website and had it shipped to the local Staples store for pickup. UPS has the package with delivery scheduled for Monday (7/29). I'm not sure they can even legally cancel it at this point since they would be confiscating a UPS shipment in their care, but I'm not a lawyer.

Of course a shipper can have their carrier intercept a shipment and return it.

But its highly unlikely they would do so over $30. There would be cost involved and they are still making a profit on these.

Dinkytoy said:   Of course a shipper can have their carrier intercept a shipment and return it.Right, I know that. I was thinking more specifically after UPS delivered it to the store.

every last 1 on reserve--ughhh

cnIsfg said:   Badfishlbc said:   Hmm tempting. Was thinking of getting the $25 Amex credit with Bestbuy but this is a better deal and I can save the Amex credit for something else! Still shows OOS for the 32 GB model for me.

Or get both...I was able to use the Staples coupon at Best Buy on the 32GB model this morning with no problems and also got confirmation of the pending Amex credit. within minutes.

I got shot down. But I just bought it anyways, didn't want to make an ordeal of buying this...

I ended up have BB pricematch, then used my $25 off $250 Amex offer. $235 after tax for the 32GB

picked up the 32gb at bestbuy with the Staples coupon, forgot about the amex, doh

No luck on the $30 off coupon at Staples. I got two emails from Staples this week - the first one said the $30 off was good "for all tablets" in the disclaimer and the second one excluded the new Nexus tablets. Of course, when you click on the old coupon to use "in store" the new exclusion showed up. Darn it!

Looks like the deal is dead in waters @ Straples since 30 off is no go.
Suddenly, Nexus 7 has become available at my nearby straples when none was available this morning.

Dinkytoy said:   Toddler said:   mrlemm said:   if camera isnt important and screen quality is, get Nook HD+, great beater tablet with CM 10.1

If screen quality is important, nothing can currently compete with the Nexus 7 1920x1200 IPS display.

That's not right. The larger screen on the Nook HD+ or an ipad are better for lots of uses just because they're bigger. ppi isn't everything.

Then that would relate to screen size, not screen quality. You're saying some people may be willing to sacrifice screen quality for size, which may be a reasonable trade-off, but if screen quality is important, nothing beats the 1920x1200 IPS display on the new Nexus 7.

Toddler said:   Dinkytoy said:   Toddler said:   mrlemm said:   if camera isnt important and screen quality is, get Nook HD+, great beater tablet with CM 10.1

If screen quality is important, nothing can currently compete with the Nexus 7 1920x1200 IPS display.

That's not right. The larger screen on the Nook HD+ or an ipad are better for lots of uses just because they're bigger. ppi isn't everything.

Then that would relate to screen size, not screen quality. You're saying some people may be willing to sacrifice screen quality for size, which may be a reasonable trade-off, but if screen quality is important, nothing beats the 1920x1200 IPS display on the new Nexus 7.

Quite the literal statement. The Ipad Mini has half the pixel density. Although I never thought the old Nexus was bad either.

Won an iPad mini last week. Will be here Monday (UPS). Also bought the Nexus 7 (2013) on Friday.

I'll be selling the mini ASAP. Just can't get over how awesome this screen is on the N7. The mini would look like a pixelated mess in comparison.

When Staples corporate sent the email allowing stores to sell the devices early, they specifically stated that the coupon was not to be accepted on them.

Can't believe it.
I reserved two and they first sent me an email saying "Ready for Pickup" and one hour later they sent the cancellation email.

Worked for me in CT at about 6p Sat. Coupon didn't go through the first time, but the cashier asked an asst. manager and the coupon went through the second time. Now I need to decide if I should let go of my $99 touchpad and keep this N7!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014