• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Marvel Heroes: Collection DVD Set 19.99 @ Best Buy, Poss Amzn MM with trade in. YMMV

Best Buy currently has Marvel Heroes: Collection on sale for 19.99.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-...
By itself, not a bad DVD collection...

Amzn Trade in is currently $29.03 (was 29.80 when I submitted my trade in a few min ago) . After tax, I made about $18 for 2 trade in's and 5 min of my time.. Great if you buy allot from Amazon like I do (limit is 2, so Im now sharing) Now here's the kicker, the DVD comes with a Wolverine Movie Money code(code is on the back of the sticker). I was able to easily but carefully peel it off with no problems. Bonus 20 bucks in movie money that can be used to see any movie!(exp 9/30)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014IIQBW

matchnbpm op

Member Summary

Marvel Heroes: Collection DVD Set
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Quite a few variables with this one.
First there are two Marvel Heroes Collection DVD sets on the BB website (the other being $34). It is unclear (since no UPC's are listed on their website) what the differences could be.

Link (first item in list)

Second there is some discussion as to the placement of the movie money sticker and it possibility being under the shrink-wrap (covering the normal UPC). If so (and the shrink-wrap is opened) even if not "used"...your trade-in will automatically drops to "like-new" and be only for $9.00.

This "deal" is probably better left alone until more real-world data is gathered.

Damn, good deal. I processed the trade in but it has to mail by 2 August and no way will Best Buy get it to me by then (I'm at an APO). Good deal though!

Even at $19.90 this collection looks like a good deal. Trade in is always YMMV but definitely worth a shot given the quality of this set.

ahcool said:    Trade in is always YMMV but definitely worth a shot given the quality of this set.

Trade-in is never "YMMV" when it comes to an opened package. You will get the lower/down-graded amount.

Since I posted the first time..it does appear more people are noting the different UPC sticker over the original UPC but under the shrink-wrap.

I have yet got a chance to go BB to confirm this...but no reason for them to really be making that up.

Also trade-in value is dead.

got my credit last week... thanks for posting this trade in idea.

I, too, got my trade in credits last week. Note that the price on bb has dropped to $14.99 and quite a hot deal to have. Thanks again op!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014