• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Walgreens B&M get a free AARP Membership by MIR wyb $15+ of Wags Brands Health Items in a single purchase to 8/31

PROMOTIONAL OFFERS

Get a Free 1-year AARP membership in three easy steps:
1) Buy $15 in Wags brand health & Wellness products in a single transaction 7/28 thru 8/31
2) Get a membership form printed at the register
3) Complete and mail in by 9/30/13

www.walgreens.com

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Walgreens SENIOR DAY Wednesday August 7th 15-20% off with AARP Card or 55+

MISTERCHEAP (Jul. 28, 2013 @ 10:20p) |

Actually you have to be 50+ to get the primary AARP membership, but as stated yous spouse can be any age.

So to get a Wal... (more)

russellt (Jul. 29, 2013 @ 7:40a) |

Be careful in what you buy. The Walgreens product has to have "Well" on the label to qualify. For example some of there ... (more)

jfgary (Aug. 08, 2013 @ 9:16a) |

Staff Summary
  • Walgreens Coupons:
    LEAF15
    15% off any order (expires 10/5/14 2:59am)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

did this last August worked great they have been reminding me my memvership is going to expire...so off to Walgreens next week

billtmore said:   did this last August worked great they have been reminding me my memvership is going to expire...so off to Walgreens next week

actually, best day to do this is in early Aug when they have the Senior Day, you'll get 20% off Wags brands, still have to spend $15, but at least you'll get more bang for your buck if you do it then.

s/b held sometime the week of 8/4, I'll post when known.

I assume this has age limit (50+) and proof of age in some form?

invisible said:   I assume this has age limit (50+) and proof of age in some form?

to get discount on senior day at Wags, either AARP card or 55+ (drivers license, etc). Many cashiers won't even ask for proof of age if you just say you're there for senior day and look over 50.

As for AARP, yes 50 and over to join, however spouses can be under 50 if the other spouse is over 50 with AARP.

MISTERCHEAP said:   invisible said:   I assume this has age limit (50+) and proof of age in some form?

to get discount on senior day at Wags, either AARP card or 55+[/] (drivers license, etc). Many cashiers won't even ask for proof of age if you just say you're there for senior day and look over 50.

As for AARP, yes 50 and over to join, however spouses can be under 50 if the other spouse is over 50 with AARP.

So 50 or 55?

invisible said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   invisible said:   I assume this has age limit (50+) and proof of age in some form?

to get discount on senior day at Wags, either AARP card or 55+[/] (drivers license, etc). Many cashiers won't even ask for proof of age if you just say you're there for senior day and look over 50.

So 50 or 55?

read it again. 50 with aarp card, 55 w other form of ID (driv. license). If you show AARP, no other ID required.

What I meant to ask was for " get a free AARP Membership by MIR wyb $15+" for those seeking that free AARP membership itself, is the age limit 50 (what I think) or 55?

and the stringency on age limit/proof etc that part you answered...

earlier there was online AARP membership deal that did not require any age proof 1-2 yrs ago.

What good is an AARP membership anyway? I got a free one from Chase with the AARP credit card 5% Cash Back deal from a couple of years ago, but get no present benefit other than a magazine that I religiously shred the mailing address and put the unread/unopened magazine in the trash. Useless at any price!

pennsatuckian said:   What good is an AARP membership anyway? I got a free one from Chase with the AARP credit card 5% Cash Back deal from a couple of years ago, but get no present benefit other than a magazine that I religiously shred the mailing address and put the unread/unopened magazine in the trash. Useless at any price!

no it's not useless at any price. You obviously are not taking advantage of certain deals that are for AARP only.

for instance, at Walgreens, once a month you earn 5000 points (worth $5) if you spend $25+ in one order with AARP.

that's $60 a year in extra free merchandise. and given that $25 can be spent on mostly or all free a/register rewards items in a good week, it's easy money.

more than pays for the $16 membership fee.

invisible said:   What I meant to ask was for " get a free AARP Membership by MIR wyb $15+" for those seeking that free AARP membership itself, is the age limit 50 (what I think) or 55?

earlier there was online AARP membership deal that did not require any age proof 1-2 yrs ago.

it is 50 or over to join AARP (technically) how stringent they are with enforcing proof of age when you send in the form to redeem it, I can't say. Perhaps some others can address this who've done this deal in prior years.

thanks OP, will renew week of 8/04, keep us posted.

MISTERCHEAP said:   invisible said:   What I meant to ask was for " get a free AARP Membership by MIR wyb $15+" for those seeking that free AARP membership itself, is the age limit 50 (what I think) or 55?

it is 50 or over to join AARP (technically) how stringent they are with enforcing proof of age when you send in the form to redeem it, I can't say. Perhaps some others can address this who've done this deal in prior years.

I imagine unless you're 22 or so, you could just say you look young for your age. Think of how different people look at age 50.

crhptic said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   invisible said:   What I meant to ask was for " get a free AARP Membership by MIR wyb $15+" for those seeking that free AARP membership itself, is the age limit 50 (what I think) or 55?

I imagine unless you're 22 or so, you could just say you look young for your age. Think of how different people look at age 50.

hey, don't knock it. I'd be 22 again and gladly give up AARP! Might even pass for younger and be able to order off the children's menu and eat free with an adult!

pennsatuckian said:   What good is an AARP membership anyway? I got a free one from Chase with the AARP credit card 5% Cash Back deal from a couple of years ago, but get no present benefit other than a magazine that I religiously shred the mailing address and put the unread/unopened magazine in the trash. Useless at any price!

I was shopping for a hotel room rate, The aarp discount was $10 cheaper than the aaa discount.

Nice deal, Thanks OP

AMAC is a better alternative.

excx said:   AMAC is a better alternative.

How ?

The hotel room rate I was looking at last night did not offer a AMAC discount.

Fat Wallet is about deals and not about politics.

do the FAR wag diabetes meters count?

vickh said:   do the FAR wag diabetes meters count?

they might, but not 100% certain. You'll have to read the T&C in the coupon book where this is offered. (August Coupon Book at front of stores by circulars)

Does anyone know if your already a member, will the rebated year add onto your current membership?

It did a few times for me, but last year it did not.....

I got a free year membership back in 2011 but didn't renew it. After joining AARP, I got inundated with paper mail trying to sell me hearing aids, powered wheelchairs & anything else targeted to the elderly. It got so bad I had to call them and request that they not sell or rent my name & address any more. I never found the AARP discount to be better than other discounts I'm entitled to. While I didn't find it useful, perhaps some can, but if you can't or don't qualify at this point, you're not missing a lot.

MISTERCHEAP said:   vickh said:   do the FAR wag diabetes meters count?

they might, but not 100% certain. You'll have to read the T&C in the coupon book where this is offered. (August Coupon Book at front of stores by circulars)

thanks MrC.

BTW I'd ignore what the peanut gallery (you know who they're) is saying re: your threads in deal discussion.

LORENW said:   Does anyone know if your already a member, will the rebated year add onto your current membership?

It did a few times for me, but last year it did not.....

It worked for my spouse last year. The promo then was to have pharmacist take blood pressure to get form. Sent it off and got a year added to existing membership for free.

invisible said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   invisible said:   I assume this has age limit (50+) and proof of age in some form?

So 50 or 55?

To clarify: You have to be 55+ to get Wags senior discount (unless they don't ask for ID). If you already have an AARP card, your age doesn't matter - just show the card for the discount.

"A 1-year extension will be given to existing AARP members who qualify for the promotion."

Walgreens SENIOR DAY Wednesday August 7th 15-20% off with AARP Card or 55+

MISTERCHEAP said:   invisible said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   invisible said:   I assume this has age limit (50+) and proof of age in some form?

So 50 or 55?

read it again. 50 with aarp card, 55 w other form of ID (driv. license). If you show AARP, no other ID required.

Actually you have to be 50+ to get the primary AARP membership, but as stated yous spouse can be any age.

So to get a Walgreens senior discount you need to be 55+ if using age for ID or any age with an AARP ID.

Example husband 50 years old, wife 13 (sick but legal in New Hampshire with parental consent) both have valid AARP membership based on his age, both get Walgreens senior discount with AARP membership.

Be careful in what you buy. The Walgreens product has to have "Well" on the label to qualify. For example some of there vitamins with older packaging does not have Well on it and will not qualify even though it is the same product as one with new packaging. Typical Walgreens! AARP is basically a sales group and has strong political leanings. You will get a lot of junk mail and be cautious of giving you email address.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014