• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Don't forget to go through FW to get CashBack.

This looks like the lowest price though other deals with it are over 6 months old so I'm not sure how great it is.

Code: EMCYTZT3899

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260111&...

Newegg
Need a Newegg coupon that earns 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

This is a great deal, I have one of these and paid $100 more about 3 months ago. The screen is great, it has HDMI, DVI-D, displayport, and VGA inputs as well as a USB 3.0 bridge. Mine had no dead pixels, excellent display brightness and sharpness. Note that to get the maximum resolution, you need to use the DVI-D or Displayport inputs. Also, you can get a cheap displayport to mini-displayport cable from Amazon if you have a MAC Mini - this is the way I use it.

I got two of these from Newegg last time, and sent both back. Both had areas with dark pixels (one in the upper right corner, one just to the down left of center), bad crosshatching on the lower half of the screen, and really bad backlight bleed when the screen was dark - easily visible even on some websites, not just when watching video. I don't consider myself particularly picky, and this is the first time I've returned a monitor - I've owned other ultrasharp and other Dell monitors and been very happy with them. Newegg was great about the returns (they are currently in transit back to them, so hopefully all goes smoothly when they get back to their California returns center), but I'm bummed that I'm back to my previous monitors.

I was a little concerned reading the reviews, but decided to order anyway. Unfortunately, the monitor I received from Newegg had a very noticeable backlight bleed problem, but everything else was perfect. Struggled with whether to return or not, but then decided to call Dell Support. Almost regretted calling given the run around and time it took to get to the right rep, but once I had the right person, he initiated an exchange and overnighted a new one to me. But the new one had a worse backlight bleed problem than the first and I was dreading another call to Dell, but the tech support rep actually called me to check up on the monitor. Explained the issue and emailed him a picture of the problem. He apologized for the inconvenience and overnighted another monitor to me. The third time was the charm and now I'm very happy with my purchase. Dell has awesome tech support and with Ultrasharps, the 3 year warranty and next day exchanges can't be beat. Also, exchanges in the first 30 days are replaced with new, I think they send refurbs after that. Got a great price through Newegg, but there was a bit of a hassle to get a good product.

could you tell me if the aspect ratio is 16:10 or 16:9...couldn't find it in specs

Never mind..found it elsewhere, thanks. it's 16:9

It doesn't look like Amazon price matches. Would love to buy from Amazon rather than Newegg.

$50 lower than the regular price. Smells like a hot deal.

MasterRebater said:   could you tell me if the aspect ratio is 16:10 or 16:9...couldn't find it in specs

2560 x 9 / 1440 = 16

So it is 16x9.

16x10 is 2560x1600 or 2304x1440 depending which way you wanted to do the expansion

Hot Deal. I got one and paid more. But I lucked out and got one with no problems...knock on wood. This is a great compromise to spending 1k on the 30" model.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014