• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Bestbuy has an offer on ipad 4 and ipad mini upto 8/3/13 :
$50 GC on purchase of ipad 4
$25 GC on purchase of ipad mini

Amex is offering one-time $25 statement credit on a single purchase of $250 or more at Best Buy in store/online by 09/08/13

Net price comes to be $75 less for ipad 4 and $50 less for ipad mini when using Amex card

Please read the terms and conditions of offers beforehand.

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Seems like a great deal.

i assume this is because new ipads will be announced soon?

Thanks OP. Might be appealing to those who don't want to do BB's trade-in deal with their old IPad.

I would suggest you put "AMEX required" in the title of your post.

Very nice addition to the tax-free weekend Aug 2,3,4 in TN that allows computers/tablets.

Thanks for the notice OP.

with the nexus 7 out the mini deal seems really bad

cheeto said:   with the nexus 7 out the mini deal seems really bad

Indeed comparing a new product to a 1-year-old product.

baifan said:   cheeto said:   with the nexus 7 out the mini deal seems really bad

Indeed comparing a new product to a 1-year-old product.


And the mini has the processor of the ipad 2, which is 3 years old...

rsuaver said:   baifan said:   cheeto said:   with the nexus 7 out the mini deal seems really bad

Indeed comparing a new product to a 1-year-old product.


And the mini has the processor of the ipad 2, which is 3 years old...


speaks volumes on apple's pricing power..

vickh said:   rsuaver said:   baifan said:   cheeto said:   with the nexus 7 out the mini deal seems really bad

Indeed comparing a new product to a 1-year-old product.


And the mini has the processor of the ipad 2, which is 3 years old...


speaks volumes on apple's pricing power..


And the usability of the iPad 2 and iPad mini compares well to 1 year old and even some new products. Thats part of the reason behind the pricing power that's not all marketing.

We have to wait and see if apple keeps the mini at a lower price point or discontinues it once the new rumored mini hd comes out. Often, inventory clearance sales come right before new products are announced. Lowering msrp $100 would be interesting. Old mini vs new nexus 7, same price. Better specs vs. apple ecosystem.

agreed. Can any of the older ipads/ipods do facetime? Best place to buy refurbished/used?

ljderm said:   Very nice addition to the tax-free weekend Aug 2,3,4 in TN that allows computers/tablets.

Thanks for the notice OP.


Also tax free this weekend in Florida, and iPads count as computers.

cheeto said:   with the nexus 7 out the mini deal seems really bad

I played with the new Nexus 7 at BB yesterday, it is very nice but the screen is way too small, but it's a gorgeous display. I was going to return the mini my daughter got as a birthday present and get her the new N7 but I think ios is much easier for a 3 year old than Jelly Bean. Not that android is complicated, my phone is a GSII and my tablet is a Galaxy Tab 10.1 so I am no apple fanboi, but the screen size of the mini vs the N7 is just too significant IMO. I was even thinking of getting the N7 for myself but gonna wait for the new N10.

Raistlin said:   cheeto said:   with the nexus 7 out the mini deal seems really bad

I played with the new Nexus 7 at BB yesterday, it is very nice but the screen is way too small, but it's a gorgeous display. I was going to return the mini my daughter got as a birthday present and get her the new N7 but I think ios is much easier for a 3 year old than Jelly Bean. Not that android is complicated, my phone is a GSII and my tablet is a Galaxy Tab 10.1 so I am no apple fanboi, but the screen size of the mini vs the N7 is just too significant IMO. I was even thinking of getting the N7 for myself but gonna wait for the new N10.

Your 3 year old got an ipad mini for her birthday?

What does she do with it?

And how do I get hooked up into your family?

Either way giving a toddler an android tablet is a form of child abuse unless you are training them to dislike technology.

Thanks OP!

Thanks for the heads up

outtawhack said:   Raistlin said:   cheeto said:   with the nexus 7 out the mini deal seems really bad

I played with the new Nexus 7 at BB yesterday, it is very nice but the screen is way tShe small, but it's a gorgeous display. I was going to return the mini my daughter got as a birthday present and get her the new N7 but I think ios is much easier for a 3 year old than Jelly Bean. Not that android is complicated, my phone is a GSII and my tablet is a Galaxy Tab 10.1 so I am no apple fanboi, but the screen size of the mini vs the N7 is just too significant IMO. I was even thinking of getting the N7 for myself but gonna wait for the new N10.

Your 3 year old got an ipad mini for her birthday?

What does she do with it?

And how do I get hooked up into your family?

Either way giving a toddler an android tablet is a form of child abuse unless you are training them to dislike technology.


Well her grandmother wanted to get her a leap pad and some apps for it so that would have been about half or even a little more than half of the mini, so we put the rest in. Got it at Target with a $40 gift card offer so that helped with the cost.

She plays a few games, uses those interactive kids book apps, watches kids shows on YouTube and listens to her playlist. I am still looking into some more apps for her so not sure what else will be good.

She was starting to play with my GT 10.1 and was able to get to the two apps she liked, so she probably could have picked it up quickly.

is the 50 gift card deal dead?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014