• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
American Express $15 Statement Credit with $75+ Purchase at WalMart.com
Just saw this under my offers on my Am Ex card.

Check you accounts online.

It says it is not valid on gift card reloads & prepaid cards, but I purchased an e-gift card and it counted just fine. I did an odd amount, just in case, so it wouldn't look like a gift card purchase. I instantly got an e-mail confirmation from American Express after placing my e-gift card online order.

Dear Cardmember:

Thank you for using your enrolled American Express® Card ending in
xxxxx at WalMart.com.

Here are the terms and conditions of the offer:

Not valid in-store or on gift card reloads & prepaid cards. WalMart.com purchases paid by Pay With Cash option are excluded from this offer. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent until after 8/29/13, it may not count towards determining whether your purchase qualifies for the offer. Enrollment for the offer is limited. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 8 weeks after American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from the merchant until all of the items from your qualifying purchase have been provided or shipped by the merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. POID: AQ0N:0001

Member Summary

American Express (56.29kB)
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
They double billed me for my July purchase, so at least now I know I am not the only one. I emailed customer service whi... (more)

TXloan (Aug. 21, 2013 @ 10:12p) |

Used the website to email them about the order (there's a double billing option in the drop down menu) and they responde... (more)

jatan1986 (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 8:51p) |

Error of processing payment on my second order for my other Amex. Any idea?

woomanhei (Aug. 28, 2013 @ 12:27p) |

Twitter is not necessary, you can also activate this offer by using the AMEX app for your iPhone (some report that this can also be activated by logging into your account via their website).

Once you have logged in to your app:

1. click the "Menu" button on bottom right
2. select "MEMBERSHIP (rewards, offers, card benefits)
3. select "Offers for you"
4. scroll to WalMart offer
5. click "Add to card"
6. if you have multiple cards, select the one you wish to add it to, click DONE.
(you can only add this offer to a single card, unless you have a separate logon for other cards, ie - have a business version of the card)

Please validate if you can do this with Android app:

Also available on Twitter:

Tweet #AmexWalmart and get $15 off $75

Be forewarned:

I just placed an e-gift card order using my American Express card and I got the confirmation e-mail from American Express, but a few minutes ago I got this cancellation e-mail from WalMart:

Dear MrVietnam,
Thank you for shopping with WalMart.com. Unfortunately, due to an error processing payment information, we have had to cancel the following order.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Refund Information
Since this order hasn't shipped, your account was never charged. Any authorization hold placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

If you have any questions, please reply to this email and let us know how we can help.
Sincerely,

Your WalMart.com Customer Service Team
www.walmart.com

I will wait until their customer service opens at 8 am CST and give them a call. It is probably fraud protection. I just added the American Express card to my online profile and placed an e-gift card order. They probably want to make sure it is not a fraudulent order. Anybody else do what I did and get a cancellation or was it just me? Hopefully a phone call will clear things up.

The customer service phone number at WalMart is 1-800-925-6278, and they open in about 90 minutes (at 8 am CST).

To be eligible to receive the statement credit:

(i) you must have an American Express Card that is synced with Twitter (see sync.americanexpress.com/twitter for more details on how to sync your Card);
(ii) you must tweet using #AmexWalmart;
(iii) you must receive a response message from @AmexSync stating that this offer has been added to your synced Card; AND
(iv) you must use your synced Card to make a single qualifying purchase of $75 or more at WalMart.com by 8/29/13.

chedv said:   To be eligible to receive the statement credit:

(i) you must have an American Express Card that is synced with Twitter (see sync.americanexpress.com/twitter for more details on how to sync your Card);
(ii) you must tweet using #AmexWalmart;
(iii) you must receive a response message from @AmexSync stating that this offer has been added to your synced Card; AND
(iv) you must use your synced Card to make a single qualifying purchase of $75 or more at WalMart.com by 8/29/13.

That may be correct if you do the offer on Twitter, but it is also available under MY OFFERS when you go online to your American Express credit card. It may be available also when you sync with Facebook.

Yes, also got it in my AMEX my offers after logging in to Americanexpress.com. No Twitter/Facebook required!

MrVietnam and others - is there any precedent of Amex reversing the AmexSync credit for purchasing gift cards?

I called and talked to a representative and she said she they are having problems with the e-cards and she would have to transfer me to the billing department. The billing department doesn't open until 8:30 am CST. Will post more as soon as I talk to a billing customer service rep.

FW10001 said:   MrVietnam and others - is there any precedent of Amex reversing the AmexSync credit for purchasing gift cards?

I think once the credit posts to your statement there is no precedent for AmEx reversing the credit that I know of at least.

e-Card worked fine for me about 30 minutes ago. Did an odd amount over $75.

Well, I guess I am screwed (pardon the language). I called to find out why my e-gift card was cancelled and she said they often do that to protect our customers just in case someone is trying to use a stolen credit card. She said since I don't often order online at WalMart.com that they thought it might be fraudulent. (I ordered once in 2011 and before that there was no online order since 2004).

She told me to place the order again online and it should go through, but there is my problem. I asked if they could just reinstate the order and she said they couldn't. Once an order has been cancelled they can not reinstate it. If I replace the order online, will I still be eligible for that $15 credit back from American Express as that is the only reason I am placing the order in the first place. I guess I will just go ahead and reorder it online and take it up with American Express when it posts to my account. Worst case scenario no $15 credit but I have a $75.xx WalMart gift card. No big loss.

Data point on gift cards, credits, and reorders: I ordered a Staples gc through an Amex promo once. I never received the gift card because the idiots that shipped it didn't bother to put my street address on the envelope. I had already received the Amex credit and it was reversed when the original order was cancelled. There was still time to reorder another gc and I did receive the credit the 2nd time. So yes, it is possible for them to reverse the credit and it is possible to get the credit reissued with a 2nd, corrected, order. This was via a Twitter/Facebook deal though, not directly through my account.

Logged on to find the offer for my delta gold amex card, and used twitter for my synced blue cash. Looks like double power tablet is a good deal, otherwise go with diapers, toilet papers, paper towels, shampoo/laundary detergent etc. These are things that WalMart has great prices on, compared to most deals posted on everyday stuff in this forum.

lds322 said:   Data point on gift cards, credits, and reorders: I ordered a Staples gc through an Amex promo once. I never received the gift card because the idiots that shipped it didn't bother to put my street address on the envelope. I had already received the Amex credit and it was reversed when the original order was cancelled. There was still time to reorder another gc and I did receive the credit the 2nd time. So yes, it is possible for them to reverse the credit and it is possible to get the credit reissued with a 2nd, corrected, order. This was via a Twitter/Facebook deal though, not directly through my account.

Good to hear. I reordered online and the e-gift card came within minutes this time around, so hopefully in a few days I will still receive the $15 credit back from American Express. If not I will contact American Express about it. No worries.

MrVietnam said:   Well, I guess I am screwed (pardon the language). I called to find out why my e-gift card was cancelled and she said they often do that to protect our customers just in case someone is trying to use a stolen credit card. She said since I don't often order online at WalMart.com that they thought it might be fraudulent. (I ordered once in 2011 and before that there was no online order since 2004).

She told me to place the order again online and it should go through, but there is my problem. I asked if they could just reinstate the order and she said they couldn't. Once an order has been cancelled they can not reinstate it. If I replace the order online, will I still be eligible for that $15 credit back from American Express as that is the only reason I am placing the order in the first place. I guess I will just go ahead and reorder it online and take it up with American Express when it posts to my account. Worst case scenario no $15 credit but I have a $75.xx WalMart gift card. No big loss.

Mr. V, if you already got the email from AMEX that you got the $15 credit, it likely will stay there. If you haven't gotten the email, then WalMart hasn't processed the charge since it was cancelled and the offer should still be there.

In the event you do not get the $15 credit after buying the GC, just plead your case to AMEX, not WalMart. They are good about backing their offers, and I'm sure they'll post a $15 credit to your account. No worries.

MISTERCHEAP said:   MrVietnam said:   Well, I guess I am screwed (pardon the language). I called to find out why my e-gift card was cancelled and she said they often do that to protect our customers just in case someone is trying to use a stolen credit card. She said since I don't often order online at WalMart.com that they thought it might be fraudulent. (I ordered once in 2011 and before that there was no online order since 2004).

Mr. V, if you already got the email from AMEX that you got the $15 credit, it likely will stay there. If you haven't gotten the email, then WalMart hasn't processed the charge since it was cancelled and the offer should still be there.

In the event you do not get the $15 credit after buying the GC, just plead your case to AMEX, not WalMart. They are good about backing their offers, and I'm sure they'll post a $15 credit to your account. No worries.

Yes, I am now quite confident actually I will get the $15 credit. Even though my first order was cancelled by WalMart. The second order went through fine and I received the e-gift card already. Once American Express sees that an online order I made met the criteria ($75 or more) I am sure the credit will go through, since I already got the American Express confirmation e-mail from my first cancelled order. And, as you said, if not I could just contact American Express as they have really good customer service. One time I contacted them about not getting a credit from a Target Sync offer and they credited my account promptly. Before I mistakenly though that these American Express deals were tied to one order and if that order was cancelled for some reason then the deal was gone forever, but that just isn't the case.

It's too bad that my WalMart.com account got hack three times this year and I told them to delete it.

This offer is also on Facebook Amex sync.

CONFIRMING that this works WITH PHYSICAL PLASTIC GIFT CARDS (new, not reload)

Ordered a $76 WalMart PLASTIC GC with Free Ship to Home, got the Sync Email in 60 seconds that I earned the offer.

I prefer plastic GC's to the e-gc's. Easier to carry around.

MISTERCHEAP said:   CONFIRMING that this works WITH PHYSICAL PLASTIC GIFT CARDS (new, not reload)

Ordered a $76 WalMart PLASTIC GC with Free Ship to Home, got the Sync Email in 60 seconds that I earned the offer.

Is there free shipping on plastic GCs?

MrVietnam said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   CONFIRMING that this works WITH PHYSICAL PLASTIC GIFT CARDS (new, not reload)

Is there free shipping on plastic GCs?

for WalMart plastic, YES. for any other plastic non Wally they sell, I didn't check.

Free ship on regular GCs -- they also cancelled my late night regular GC order so I had to reorder it just now

I'm sure the $15 credit will post after the purchase is fully charged to the CC (first pending charge will drop off so the $15 credit should stick to the 2nd charge that posts to the account)

Was not on my Facebook or Amex pages, but twitter sync worked fine. Thanks, OP!

P.S. Is it bad karma to buy a Visa Gift Card with an Amex offer??

Can I use the egift card to purchase a different GC in store? Say for instance if they sold Amazon GC's at WalMart. Thanks!

I tried with two different facebook accounts and failed to find the offer. Perhaps someone could figure out a link?

stanolshefski said:   It's too bad that my WalMart.com account got hack three times this year and I told them to delete it.
You can always create another account using a different email address. I had the same problem for a year before I realized that I could just use a different account...

edick said:   Can I use the egift card to purchase a different GC in store? Say for instance if they sold Amazon GC's at WalMart. Thanks!

no Amazon cards at WalMart.

Mostly restaurants, movies, etc. No other competeting retailers, selection is limited. But yes you can, however, unless a Red Lobster or Subway/Burger King type GC interests you, I wouldn't expect much opportunity to use it that way.

edick said:   Can I use the egift card to purchase a different GC in store? Say for instance if they sold Amazon GC's at WalMart. Thanks!I've bought a couple of restaurant GCs from their website using a WalMart GC without any problems so it should be the same in-store

Thanks OP .. got a plastic GC

For the 2 people that don't know ... you can use WalMart GCs at Sam's Club.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   For the 2 people that don't know ... you can use WalMart GCs at Sam's Club.

AND AT ALL WalMart/SAMS GAS STATIONS!! great use of this if you have no other use. (have to be a Sams Club member to use their stations, WalMart open to all)

Didn't get it on my account so I used twitter. Bought a egift card and got an email from Amex thanking me for my synced purchase immediately. Thanks OP.

ahcool said:   I tried with two different facebook accounts and failed to find the offer. Perhaps someone could figure out a link?Just go to the Amex Sync page on FB and flip through the rotating offers banner

If it doesn't show up then check your online Amex account offers page or just create a twitter account, sync with Amex and tweet the offer (you don't have to actually use twitter everyday, just keep it for Amex sync deals)

Amex Sync deals should start showing up more often as we get closer to the end of the year so you might as well be prepared to signup for offers across multiple sync channels (online account, FB, twitter, foursquare) -- most good offers will limit the amount of people that can signup so better to have multiple sync channels setup now so you don't miss out on any offers

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   For the 2 people that don't know ... you can use WalMart GCs at Sam's Club.

And that's exactly what I plan to do.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   For the 2 people that don't know ... you can use WalMart GCs at Sam's Club.I am one of the 2 people lol. Thanks for the info.

MISTERCHEAP said:   CONFIRMING that this works WITH PHYSICAL PLASTIC GIFT CARDS (new, not reload)

Just to clarify, what was the subject of the email that you got?

I got one saying "Thanks for using your synced card!".. but it doesnt say that I earned the offer.. or something to that nature.

KayK said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   CONFIRMING that this works WITH PHYSICAL PLASTIC GIFT CARDS (new, not reload)

I got one saying "Thanks for using your synced card!".. but it doesnt say that I earned the offer.. or something to that nature.

yes, but that's always been the email in the past. You don't get that email unless you've fulfilled the offer.

KayK said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   CONFIRMING that this works WITH PHYSICAL PLASTIC GIFT CARDS (new, not reload)

Well the email that I received(and I'm guessing you received) is pretty much the same as the OP's, with the exception of it saying "synced" instead of "enrolled".

MISTERCHEAP said:   KayK said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   CONFIRMING that this works WITH PHYSICAL PLASTIC GIFT CARDS (new, not reload)

yes, but that's always been the email in the past. You don't get that email unless you've fulfilled the offer.
In that case, woohoo!
i ordered the $76 plastic giftcard too.. with free ship to home.

Basically, we got the $76 giftcard for 19.8% off..

MISTERCHEAP said:   I prefer plastic GC's to the e-gc's. Easier to carry around.
You can trim e-cards down to size by simply cutting around the bar code and numbers to make it card sized or smaller. Easy to carry, but of course, one must be careful not to lose the slip of paper.

Skipping 116 Messages...
Error of processing payment on my second order for my other Amex. Any idea?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014