• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sears
See Sears discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Fiskars X25 Super Splitting Axe 28 in. Handle
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks for the clarification. So it seems the Sears listing in the OP is for an older model axe (or maybe just an old pi... (more)

mpattdu (Jul. 31, 2013 @ 4:25p) |

Green for OP and Green for Sears.

There was only 1 available near me and I placed an order for it earlier this week. Was ... (more)

TXMX (Aug. 04, 2013 @ 6:34p) |

I picked mine up on Saturday. Easily the nicest axe you could find for under $10. It's razor sharp. It has great balance... (more)

Tequila477 (Aug. 05, 2013 @ 2:39a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Reg Price: $9.99
Savings: $0.52

Not a hot deal.

Fiskars X25 retails around $40. Just picked one up today.

jaredb03 said:   Reg Price: $9.99
Savings: $0.52

Not a hot deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Incorporated-Splitting-Fiberglass-Handle-7...

Oh yeah! Ready to split some skulls!

not available most everywhere it seems.

Price will vary in store; was $12 in clearance section of lawn&garden @ my Sears. Still good deal. (Just in case online says not in stock for you, your local might actually have in its clearance aisle).

got one
thx

Green for OP, this is a fantastic deal. Too bad none are showing anywhere near me! =(

Although Fiskars has sent a lot of their production to China, they're actually based out of Finland (in a village called Fiskars, no less) and these axes are apparently still made there. I personally prefer ones that can be re-handled, but at $10 for a Finnish-made axe, I wouldn't complain at all.

In for 1 cancellation. Says there's 2, but I have my doubts.

Lifetime warranty. I have several Fiskars garden products. They are generally very good quality, but when they break... and they have, Fiskars has a no-hassle replacement mechanism.

paymenow said:   Fiskars X25 retails around $40. Just picked one up today.

But OP's link isn't for the X25, which is listed as a separate product with a different model number.

X25 model number: 78546935 says X25 on handle, black part of handle extends into orange part of grip.
Ax in OP's link #: 78546984 no X25 on handle and completely orange grip color.

So what makes this a Hot Deal? Are people getting the X25 for the price of the normal ax?

mpattdu said:   paymenow said:   Fiskars X25 retails around $40. Just picked one up today.

But OP's link isn't for the X25, which is listed as a separate product with a different model number.

X25 model number: 78546935 says X25 on handle, black part of handle extends into orange part of grip.

So what makes this a Hot Deal? Are people getting the X25 for the price of the normal ax?

Using the Model# 78546984 I came up with this,

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/Prod/Fiskars-78546984-4-1-4-LB-28-...

To me if you can find one this looks like a hot deal.

I am betting this is a price mistake.
Not available near me anyway

MasterRebater said:   I am betting this is a price mistake.
Not available near me anyway

I don't think it is a price mistake.

This deal has been up for over 14 hours.

But it is a big YMMV deal.

The Fiskars X Series: X25 comes in a 28" handle. I have several Fiskars axes and it's the correct model.

http://www2.fiskars.com/content/search?SearchText=axe&x=0&y=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-1tNhnpO...

I have one of these and handily split about 1/4 cord of pine with it about a year back. Can't beat it at $10! I found it great for medium duty splitting, but next time I might try a splitting maul & wedges for very heavy duty/large jobs or use with dense hardwoods.

On their website Fiskars lists 78546935 for the model number of the X25. I wonder if the one at Sears is an older version of the same axe and they have the original price listed wrong. Looks like it probably is a hot deal (wish there was one in stock near me), but figured it didn't hurt to axe.

It's not a price mistake. Stock runs out quick at this very low price, especially when there's no limit on the number of axes you can order/buy. I posted almost at midnight last night and the X25 was selling like hotcake.

None turn up within 50 miles of Harrisburg/Lancaster/York, PA...

According to Sears, it's a closeout price. I don't think it's a mistake at all; I think it's a cheap price to clear remaining inventory of a model they don't want to offer in future.

This is backed up by Sears refusing to sell it by mail, and also refusing to transfer it from store to store or ship it to me (not that I tried to get in on this deal, or anything!) - it's just to get the few remaining ones out of shops.

Look at the pictures folks, not a good deal, it's two different products!

I snatched one up quick thinking it was HOT and now have to cancel. Sorry OP but RED

Hendge said:   Look at the pictures folks, not a good deal, it's two different products!

I snatched one up quick thinking it was HOT and now have to cancel. Sorry OP but RED

Cancelled? Your lost. Tell FWers the store you purchased from so they can get one. It's getting hard to find stock.

mpattdu said:   paymenow said:   Fiskars X25 retails around $40. Just picked one up today.

THIS!!

OP, IF I am lost...? Won't you help find my way?

I see The same thing 'mpattdu' that the tool you posted is an older model. This post is odd. It seems obvious! it's been pointed out a few x's on this thread that's it no deal. Different P/N's

Here is the link on Sears site for the X25 i THOUGHT i was buying

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_07102108000P

Seriously, dude, are you anywhere in the Pittsburgh area? I'd be glad to give you the $10 and take it off your hands. Or if you aren't, want to throw it in a box for another $5? It's a brand-new Finnish splitting axe for $10, no matter what model number is on it.

Hendge said:   mpattdu said:   paymenow said:   Fiskars X25 retails around $40. Just picked one up today.

THIS!!

I see The same thing 'mpattdu' that the tool you posted is an older model. This post is odd. It seems obvious! it's been pointed out a few x's on this thread that's it no deal. Different P/N's

I meant it's your lost that you had to cancel. Stock is running out. Which Sears did you buy from? FWers are looking for stock? No one that has picked up his/hers order of the Fiskars X25 complained. You didn't even pick yours up...

don't get me wrong, im not arguing the merits of the axe. not in the market but imagine $10 to be a good value. i don't think THIS axe posted ever retailed at $40; whereas there in another x25 that does retail around $40 (which i posted) that i thought waa being alluded to in the OP.

GOOD deal for a $10 axe, save 52cents : 0

Hendge said:   don't get me wrong, im not arguing the merits of the axe. not in the market but imagine $10 to be a good value. i don't think THIS axe posted ever retailed at $40; whereas there in another x25 that does retail around $40 (which i posted) that i thought waa being alluded to in the OP.

The link you gave is sold by: Sold by lifeandhome.com - Life and Home and Fulfilled by lifeandhome.com - Life and Home. NOT by Sears. Sears is liquidating the Fiskars X25 inventory. You are getting the X25 from Sears.

paymenow said:   Hendge said:   mpattdu said:   paymenow said:   Fiskars X25 retails around $40. Just picked one up today.

THIS!!

I meant it's your lost that you had to cancelled. Stock is running out. Which Sears did you buy from? FWers are looking for stock? No one that has picked up his/hers order of the Fiskars X25 complained. You didn't even pick yours up...

Ahhh...my bad. I get it. Orders not cancelled yet - wont allow online so i will have to call to cxl. Pompano p/up btw

paymenow said:   Hendge said:   don't get me wrong, im not arguing the merits of the axe. not in the market but imagine $10 to be a good value. i don't think THIS axe posted ever retailed at $40; whereas there in another x25 that does retail around $40 (which i posted) that i thought waa being alluded to in the OP.

The link you gave is sold by: Sold by lifeandhome.com - Life and Home and Fulfilled by lifeandhome.com - Life and Home. NOT by Sears. Sears is liquidating the Fiskars X25 inventory. You are getting the X25 from Sears.

I see they are different sellers, but NO.

I am to receive, what you posted Fiskars model # 78546984
The link i provided, what i want, is Fiskars item #78546935

If you look at the pix you will also not the differences

The Fiskars X25 is clearly best suited for splitting... hairs!

Hendge said:   paymenow said:   Hendge said:   don't get me wrong, im not arguing the merits of the axe. not in the market but imagine $10 to be a good value. i don't think THIS axe posted ever retailed at $40; whereas there in another x25 that does retail around $40 (which i posted) that i thought waa being alluded to in the OP.

I see they are different sellers, but NO.

I am to receive, what you posted Fiskars model # 78546984
The link i provided, what i want, is Fiskars item #78546935

If you look at the pix you will also not the differences

Hendge, I don't know what else to tell you. You are getting the Fiskars X25. Fiskars do not make any other axes in 28 inch handle beside the X25. I own several Fiskars axes and various other brands of axes, so I know my axes. Maybe, you shouldn't be handling an axe at all because it's quite a dangerous tool/weapon if you don't know what you are doing.

LOL BUT IT IS a BIG difference.

Nothing the link the OP directs to nor the FW pic of item have ANYTHING relating to and/or mentioning X25. X 25 seems to be a gimmick and/or some advanced new Fiskars model.

Part of the problem may also be if you look at the item on Amzon the pic wrong. It's the same pic as OP posted but different Model #

Hendge said:   LOL BUT IT IS a BIG difference.

Nothing the link the OP directs to nor the FW pic of item have ANYTHING relating to and/or mentioning X25. X 25 seems to be a gimmick and/or some advanced new Fiskars model.

Part of the problem may also be if you look at the item on Amzon the pic wrong. It's the same pic as OP posted but different Model #

Hendge, it's only common sense to realize that none of the FWers that have pick up their Fiskars X25 splitting axe from Sears stated otherwise.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   In for 1 cancellation. Says there's 2, but I have my doubts.Sears disappointed me.

They had one in stock and it's now mine.

Paid in SYWR points (i.e., free money) of which $5.00 was bonus points that were expiring 7/31.

The exact model (78546935) / UPC (046561178543) that I picked up is shown in the following link:
http://www.hardwarestore.com/fiskars-pro-splitting-axe-118747.as...

HOT deal. Thanks, OP!

mpattdu said:   paymenow said:   Fiskars X25 retails around $40. Just picked one up today.But OP's link isn't for the X25, which is listed as a separate product with a different model number.

Ordered thru OP's link and picked up 78546935 says X25 on handle, black part of handle extends into orange part of grip.

Hendge said:   OP, IF I am lost...? Won't you help find my way?

That IS what I picked up.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   In for 1 cancellation. Says there's 2, but I have my doubts.Sears disappointed me.

They had one in stock and it's now mine.

Paid in SYWR points (i.e., free money) of which $5.00 was bonus points that were expiring 7/31.

The exact model (78546935) / UPC (046561178543) that I picked up is shown in the following link:
http://www.hardwarestore.com/fiskars-pro-splitting-axe-118747.as...

HOT deal. Thanks, OP!

NoMoneyInMyWallet, congrats and you are welcome. I got mine for free too using SYWR...

Great splittin axe. Love the "POP" the logs make when they split in two.

Skipping 4 Messages...
I picked mine up on Saturday. Easily the nicest axe you could find for under $10. It's razor sharp. It has great balance and the handle seems light and strong. I've been a fan of the Fiskars brand for years. Thanks again OP.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014