• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

$50 off $100, $40 off $100, or 30% off Nearly Everything @ Advance Auto Parts - Up to $50 off after Coupon
Free shipping on orders over $75
Expires On: 8/3/2013 11:59PM

Coupons
DOW31 - $50 off $100, $40 off $100, or 30% off
$50 off orders over $100 for first 500 customers
$40 off orders over $100 for next 1000 customers
30% off nearly everything for next 2000 customers

$50 maximum discount

Exclude motor oil, gift cards, Hot Items and special offers including, but not limited to, Buy One–Get One, 2-For-1, and Oil Change Specials

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Advance Auto Parts
See Advance Auto Parts promo codes that earn 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

SHAMWOW!!!

with their BLOATED prices it takes at least 40% off to call it a SALE!!

Down to $40 off $100 already.

lexx said:   with their BLOATED prices it takes at least 40% off to call it a SALE!!
That's just it. These coupons are what makes this a good deal on certain items. It's hard to find a better deal on things like batteries or brakes as well as convenience if you have a retail store nearby.

Finally! I get the 50% off to work!
~400 for front and back brake pads and rotors for both my cars (hope this is a descent price point...).

Thanks fatwallet

To add, if 50% does not work on multiple orders...just clear the cookies and restart the browser...

Yeah, much has changed @ Advance with their coupons only being good for non-sale items now. PartsGeek(dot)com has probably the best overall pricing on auto parts. As with anything in life, you have to know what you're looking at. I recently saved $25+ on parts I purchased at Advance vs PartsGeek. Things @ Advance like Meguiar's products, paints, batteries, brake parts, suspension parts or especially any other parts that are normally not sales priced anywhere else, can be had at good savings utilizing Advance's coupons. The biggest things to consider when buying auto parts: quality, price, and lifetime warranty(unless you don't plan on keeping your car more than a few years).

lexx said:   with their BLOATED prices it takes at least 40% off to call it a SALE!!

down to 30% :-/

any B&M coupons for AAP?

Now it's 15% and a $25 coupon for future purchases. I looked at their battery prices and you need a deal to be competitive.

yoregano said:   lexx said:   with their BLOATED prices it takes at least 40% off to call it a SALE!!
That's just it. These coupons are what makes this a good deal on certain items. It's hard to find a better deal on things like batteries or brakes as well as convenience if you have a retail store nearby.

Exactly. There are some things where their prices are inflated, and on those items you might come out even or might come out slightly ahead using a 40% code (which is always available -- if the one in this thread is dead, there are always more). There are plenty of things where their prices are the same or better, and 40% makes it a hell of a bargain.

To be honest I'd often prefer to get from Autozone, known for their extremely good warranty cooperation; ask anyone about lifetime warranty brakes, clutches, spark plug wires, etc, they can go back for decades and keep getting the same set replaced when it wears out without ever having any argument from the store. But what happens when it's time to fix something? I'm broke and all I can afford is Advance at 40% off, despite wanting to go elsewhere.

Per NotAClue's recommendation I'll have to check out PartsGeek. Apart from maybe that site, only Rockauto (for small parts like gaskets and expensive parts like brake calipers) and Amazon (for brake rotors) have consistently managed to compete with 40% off of Advance's prices on the parts I've needed. Even direct-from-China eBay sellers rarely manage to beat 40% off Advance.

Some people seem to mostly buy the categories of stuff whose prices Advance overinflates; perhaps lexx is one such person. Most of what I buy doesn't work that way. I know there are plenty more types of things that are overpriced, but the things I can think of at the moment are fluids, filters, and lug nuts.

thc said:   yoregano said:   lexx said:   with their BLOATED prices it takes at least 40% off to call it a SALE!!

Exactly. There are some things where their prices are inflated, and on those items you might come out even or might come out slightly ahead using a 40% code (which is always available -- if the one in this thread is dead, there are always more). There are plenty of things where their prices are the same or better, and 40% makes it a hell of a bargain.

To be honest I'd often prefer to get from Autozone, known for their extremely good warranty cooperation; ask anyone about lifetime warranty brakes, clutches, spark plug wires, etc, they can go back for decades and keep getting the same set replaced when it wears out without ever having any argument from the store. But what happens when it's time to fix something? I'm broke and all I can afford is Advance at 40% off, despite wanting to go elsewhere.

Per NotAClue's recommendation I'll have to check out PartsGeek. Apart from maybe that site, only Rockauto (for small parts like gaskets and expensive parts like brake calipers) and Amazon (for brake rotors) have consistently managed to compete with 40% off of Advance's prices on the parts I've needed. Even direct-from-China eBay sellers rarely manage to beat 40% off Advance.

Some people seem to mostly buy the categories of stuff whose prices Advance overinflates; perhaps lexx is one such person. Most of what I buy doesn't work that way. I know there are plenty more types of things that are overpriced, but the things I can think of at the moment are fluids, filters, and lug nuts.

what i usually do is get my online discount but not checkout completely then call autozone and or oriellys and see what there shelf price is. half the time i just end up there to purchase as shelf price is same or a tad lower.but i still have ordered alot from AAP before. on a lot of small stuff 30% is a good deal! like 10 off 30!

That's a good strategy. I cross-shop most of the time too. I'm curious, why do you call instead of checking online? I just check online...seems faster, plus I don't have to talk to people.

the 40% off coupon codes work well for me. have purchased drive belts, pulleys, transmission filter kits, spark plugs, fluids, heater hoses, radiator hoses, specialty auto tools, etc and had them delivered to my door free by ensuring the total is over $75 after coupon. their prices may be inflated but after using the coupon the pricing is competitive with rockauto. the kicker is that I have a B&M store 2 miles from my house where I can return or exchange a part if there are any problems, that's a huge advantage over an online only store. I like Advance Auto Parts and their coupons have made me a loyal customer.

Great deal, ordered 4 shocks and struts for $125 delivered.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014