• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LINK

Could be new sign ups only.

Special TV Offer
With your Amazon Prime 30-Day Free trial, you get access to free two day shipping on millions of items, over 40,000 Movies & TV Episodes available for streaming on your tablet, TV or computer. Also, if you are a Kindle owner, you have over 300,000 books available to borrow for free.

As part of this limited time, exclusive offer, at the conclusion of your Free Trial, if you purchase an annual membership, you'll receive a $10 Amazon.com Gift Card.

FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of items
No minimum order size
Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Instant Videos
A Kindle book to borrow for free each month from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library

Terms and Conditions
This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) August 25, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Limit one gift card per customer and customer account.
This offer may not be combined with other offers.
If you cancel your Prime membership, the gift card value will be subtracted from any return credit, Gift Card or refund you receive.
If you violate any of the Terms & Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
Void where prohibited.
Offer good while supplies last.
Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Just as a FYI & I know this first hand since I contacted Amazon about it:
Amazon will not accept check cards (credit cards linked to a checking account) for Prime membership or the 30-day trial. You have to own an actual true credit card.

TheNastySheriff said:   Just as a FYI & I know this first hand since I contacted Amazon about it:
Amazon will not accept check cards (credit cards linked to a checking account) for Prime membership or the 30-day trial. You have to own an actual true credit card.
Strange then that I have used a VISA branded debit card (check card) for purchasing and renewing my Amazon Prime account. My only question is whether there is a way for me to still take advantage of this deal! Probably not, but one can wish anyway.

Doesn't look like it's available to Amazon student.

New sign-ups only

hammer45 said:   New sign-ups onlyI put in OP could be new sign ups only. thanks

anybody with an existing account try to cancel and then sign up with this?

If you cancel your Prime membership, the gift card value will be subtracted from any return credit, Gift Card or refund you receive.

Based on the way they worded this it sounds like if you don't renew they can technically take back the $10 credit. They probably wouldn't but you would have to remember to cancel on the EXACT day it expires and not a day earlier if in fact you didn't want to renew.

Bank of america credit card has $10 CashBack on Amazon prime subscription

Sonofspam said:   TheNastySheriff said:   Just as a FYI & I know this first hand since I contacted Amazon about it:
Strange then that I have used a VISA branded debit card (check card) for purchasing and renewing my Amazon Prime account. My only question is whether there is a way for me to still take advantage of this deal! Probably not, but one can wish anyway.

Check cards with Visa or MC logos on them can be processed as CC instead of Debit. That's why yours worked. They probably did not explain this caveat to previous poster.

mrodrig2 said:   Sonofspam said:   TheNastySheriff said:   Just as a FYI & I know this first hand since I contacted Amazon about it:

Check cards with Visa or MC logos on them can be processed as CC instead of Debit. That's why yours worked. They probably did not explain this caveat to previous poster.

Gonna have to contact Amazon again. Maybe I got one those really useless reps when I contacted them? Although he did say at the time that he went and checked with a supervisor. Will check again and post back.

Haven't had a chance to contact Amazon about the debit card issue, but something odd popped-up while I was making a purchase on Amazon today.

First, here's the Amazon stipulation in the rules about Prime:
Only credit cards are eligible for payment of your Prime membership. Do not sign up for Prime with a debit card. Also known as a "check" or "ATM" card, a debit card typically has the word "debit" printed on the face of the card.

Amazon Prime Terms & Conditions
(it's under "Fees & Renewal")

But while checking out today I got an offer to sign-up for Amazon Prime and here is the small print associated with that offer:
By signing up, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the Amazon Prime Terms and Conditions and authorize us to charge your card (Debit Card ***-7145) or another available card on file after your free trial. Your Amazon Prime membership continues until canceled. If you do not wish to continue for $79/year plus any applicable taxes, select 'Do not renew' from Your Account before your annual renewal date.

One contradicts the other, so it might be possible to use debit cards after all.

nortotron said:   Bank of america credit card has $10 CashBack on Amazon prime subscription

Where did you find this? Is it in the Add-It-Up section? I cannot seem to find it. Thanks.

EDIT: Deleted due to my inability to read fully other replies.

nortotron said:   Bank of america credit card has $10 CashBack on Amazon prime subscription

Where? on BankAmeriDeals? I'm not seeing anything on my (previously MBNA card)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014