• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples is offering a $100 off coupon which you can use towards Windows 8 versions of tablets, desktops, AIO PCs, and laptops. It excludes the Surface RT, SKU numbers 49556 and 56855, and clearance items. Make sure to read the bottom of the coupon. If you buy a touch screen computer, it'll also come with free Office 365 University for four years.

Both the online and in-store coupons expire 8/3/13. (Saturday)

http://reg.e.staples.com/c/s/tagfrm/hBR$iR6B7SHGCB80Q00NuKDEVkZ/...

Online coupoun: 24181

==========================================================================================================

*Prices include the $100 discount and any rebate that may be offered*

Toshiba C55-A5281 15.6" Laptop - $274.99 ($249.99 in store!)

HP Pavilion 15-e028us 15.6" Laptop - $299.99 online and in-store
  • AMD Dual-Core A6-5350M Accelerated Processor

• 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)

• 750GB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection

Lenovo H520 Desktop PC - $299 online and in store
  • 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i3-3240 processor

• 6GB DDR3 memory

• 1TB hard drive

Toshiba C55t-A5287 15.6" Touch Screen Laptop - $485.99 ($399.99 in store!)
  • Intel® Core™ i3-2348M 2.30GHz 3MB Cache Processor

• 6GB DDR3 Memory

• 500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive

Lenovo G500s 15.6" Touch Screen Laptop - $499.99 online and in-store
  • Intel i5-3230M 3.20GHz 3MB Cache Processor

• 6GB DDR3 SDRAM Installed Memory

• 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive

Toshiba L75-A7285 17.3" Laptop - $379.99 online and in store
  • Intel® Core™ i3-3120M Processor

• 6GB DDR3 1600MHz installed memory

• 750GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard disk drive

Lenovo C540 23” All-in-One Computer - $429.99
  • 3rd Gen Intel® Core i3-3240 Cache Processor

• 6GB DDR3-1333MHz Installed Memory

• 1TB 7200rpm Hard Drive

HP ENVY dv7-7240us 17.3" Laptop - $549.90
  • 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5-3210M 2.5GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.1GHz Processor; Enjoy...

• 8GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory

• 1TB 7200rpm Hard Drive

Lenovo IdeaPad U310 13.3" Touch Screen Ultrabook - $449.99
  • 3rd gen Intel® Core™ i5-3337U Cache Processor plus Turbo Boost Technology. Enjoy an automatic burst of...

• 4GB DDR3 Installed Memory

• 500GB HDD Storage & 24GB SSD Cache

=======================================================================================================================

The better deals are near the top of the list but decide for yourself. The Toshiba C55-A5281 looks like the best deal to me. Some of my second choices would be the Toshiba L75-A7285 17.3" Laptop, Toshiba C55t-A5287 15.6" Touch Screen Laptop, Lenovo H520 Desktop, and the Lenovo G500s 15.6" Touch Screen Laptop. The Lenovo C540 23” All-in-One Computer is also great.

Member Summary

staples
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks for pointing it out and saving me a trip to the store.

CUinBlank (Aug. 03, 2013 @ 9:01a) |

Thanks for the trouble in providing the store price tag. Unfortunately, the store has made a mistake as pointed out by r... (more)

CUinBlank (Aug. 03, 2013 @ 9:05a) |

Changed the price on the original post. Yeah, sorry about that. I did not think to make sure that sales tag was correct.... (more)

SunkenTreasure (Aug. 03, 2013 @ 11:58a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Coupon states any Windows 8 computer not just laptops. Please edit your title. Also, it's "regularly priced" which is important for this promo.

can this be combined with 25% extra Cash Back coupon?

lesliejs said:   can this be combined with 25% extra Cash Back coupon?

The Cash Back coupon excludes computers

Add: Online code is [24181]

Sorry for the mistakes guys. I just had to leave and wrote this up quickly. I saw the mistakes before but I couldn't edit them because the thread hadn't aired.

Anyway, the mistakes have been fixed accordingly - enjoy. I will be checking the in-store prices later on tonight. In the meanwhile, if anybody has those prices, please do tell us.

When you find a good deal I will put it in the original post.

EDIT: In the process of revamping the links so you can easily see the better deals.

I tried both online and in-store in the morning, but neither worked.

fengbaichi said:   I tried both online and in-store in the morning, but neither worked.

Hmm.. The coupon should work. Just wondering what computer did you use it on and did you print the coupon out and show it to the manager? What did he say?

Also, try going to www.staples.com/coupons. See if you can find it there.

fengbaichi said:   I tried both online and in-store in the morning, but neither worked.

Order by phone.

OP, your specs on the Lenovo C540 are wrong

If you happen to be in Florida, this weekend is "tax free weekend" and computers and tablets are included for the first time.

Interesting, makes me wonder if last week's B&M coupon with an 7/28 Sun exp date was an error. (remember the online coupon expired on Sat last week) this week they match.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Interesting, makes me wonder if last week's B&M coupon with an 7/28 Sun exp date was an error. (remember the online coupon expired on Sat last week) this week they match.Don't think last week was a mistake. I believe they pushed their fiscal quarter end to 8/3 like they did with their first fiscal quarter being moved due to month(s) ending in the middle of the week. Plus, they seem to now include Sunday on some offers to boost sales IMO. Some of the new coupons expire Sunday.

Staples STOP the insanity
You are keeping me tooooooooooooooo busy with these coupons....
I love it.....

jtfoster said:   If you happen to be in Florida, this weekend is "tax free weekend" and computers and tablets are included for the first time.

And almost as far as you can get from Florida it is always tax free

lesliejs said:   can this be combined with 25% extra Cash Back coupon?

Oh I hope so.....

I want my Aguust rewards money NOW

"If you buy a touch screen computer, it'll also come with free Office 365 University for four years"

Remember for this promo "Must have .edu email address to activate"

mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Interesting, makes me wonder if last week's B&M coupon with an 7/28 Sun exp date was an error. (remember the online coupon expired on Sat last week) this week they match.Don't think last week was a mistake. I believe they pushed their fiscal quarter end to 8/3 like they did with their first fiscal quarter being moved due to month(s) ending in the middle of the week. Plus, they seem to now include Sunday on some offers to boost sales IMO. Some of the new coupons expire Sunday.

then why different expire dates for .com vs b&m for the same exact offer? that definitely makes no sense.

I ignored the 4 am eMail from
Staples on this...
The first hint of it was seen on dealnews an hour or so ago....

RE:
that definitely makes no sense

Thats Staples, what about the recent coupon that said
must have been received in your eMail or something like that....

24181 $100 off Windows 8 computers regularly priced $499.99 and up Applied $0.00
Coupon has not yet been applied.

Please make sure you have met the minimum purchase requirement.

The Lenovo AIO comes up as a Core i3 for me with no SSD and different specs. Not an i5 as stated in the OP.

fr said:   The Lenovo AIO comes up as a Core i3 for me with no SSD and different specs. Not an i5 as stated in the OP.

Yeah I changed it. Sorry about the mistake, I was copying from a different page.

I will be updating the in-store prices within the hour. Note, certain stores may carry different products and have altered prices.

The online coupons are sometimes tricky. It's best to go into a store and see if they have it in stock. If not, you can order it from the in-store kiosk computer and use the coupon at the register.

robinroy said:   24181 $100 off Windows 8 computers regularly priced $499.99 and up Applied $0.00
Coupon has not yet been applied.

Please make sure you have met the minimum purchase requirement.

Order by phone

expired
Disclaimer
24181 expired on 1/31/2008

My purchase was in store for delivery

Isn't 24181 supposed to be the online one?

yesidonoitall said:   24181 expired on 1/31/2008

Not according to the email I just got.

$399.99
Disclaimer
Toshiba C55-A5281 15.6in. Laptop
Toshiba C55-A5281 15.6" Laptop
Item: 49563 Model: C55-A5281

On line is showing $424.99 before coupon and rebate

Price: $499.99
Instant Savings: - $75.00
Rebate : - $50.00
$374.99*
Each
*Price after rebate
=====================

in store is ringing $399.99
so it will be $249.99 AR and coupon

SunkenTreasure said:   yesidonoitall said:   24181 expired on 1/31/2008

Yes, but
I showed actual coupon as rung.....
Manager had to overide it.

pthor1231 said:   Isn't 24181 supposed to be the online one?

Yes, I bought in store for delivery...
So same as an online order, it rejected the in store coupon as it should have,
but took the online number with overide, manager verified the 5 digit was the one given out.
He had the coupon page on the screen on the behind us register.

SunkenTreasure said:   yesidonoitall said:   24181 expired on 1/31/2008

Yes, but when printed it showed expired, thats surely why the online orders some have mentioned do not go thru but a phone order does.

Member Posts 23,103

yesidonoitall said:   jtfoster said:   If you happen to be in Florida, this weekend is "tax free weekend" and computers and tablets are included for the first time.

I know that New Hampshire has no sales tax but didn't realize Oregon is exempt too! Now two of my three favorite states have no sales tax. =)

As an update to the thread: While I was in Staples, I only found one of the laptops that I posted. That was the Toshiba c55-a5281 for $249.99 after rebate as yesidonoitall stated. I believe that is the best deal currently.

I also found a few in-store deals that were good and I'll post them in a bit.

SunkenTreasure said:   yesidonoitall said:   jtfoster said:   If you happen to be in Florida, this weekend is "tax free weekend" and computers and tablets are included for the first time.

I know that New Hampshire has no sales tax but didn't realize Oregon is exempt too! Now two of my three favorite states have no sales tax. =)

As an update to the thread: While I was in Staples, I only found one of the laptops that I posted. That was the Toshiba c55-a5281 for $249.99 after rebate as yesidonoitall stated. I believe that is the best deal currently.

I also found a few in-store deals that were good and I'll post them in a bit.

There are five states that do not have a sales tax:

Alaska
Delaware
Montana
New Hampshire
Oregon

Ashland Oregon does have a prepared food sales tax for establishments that are in the city limits, they voted it in around 8 years ago...

Looks like Staples is trying to clear out their 3rd gen Intel processors. Good deals to be had though

Alright, here are the in-store deals that I found:

Lenovo H520 Desktop PC - $299 online and in store
  • 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i3-3240 processor

• 6GB DDR3 memory

• 1TB hard drive

Toshiba C55t-A5287 15.6" Touch Screen Laptop - $485.99 ($399.99 in store!)
  • Intel® Core™ i3-2348M 2.30GHz 3MB Cache Processor

• 6GB DDR3 Memory

• 500GB 5400RPM Hard Drive

Toshiba L75-A7285 17.3" Laptop - $479.99 ($299.99 in store!)
  • Intel® Core™ i3-3120M Processor

• 6GB DDR3 1600MHz installed memory

• 750GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard disk drive

Calling in didn't work for me; they argued about what does "regularly priced" mean. I said right in your ad it says "Reg. Price," but they wouldn't budge. It was a desktop that was on sale for $449 that was Reg Price of $600 or so. The local store manager was going to do it but they could not get it to work. WHY do they add the "regularly priced" so clearly and show REG PRICE in their ads when they cannot consistently do this and make everyone jump through hoops.

I admit that sometimes going after these deals is VERY MUCH WORTH THE EFFORT, and I have gotten so many very good deals over the years through FW, but Staples has either a marketing or a training problem that goes across the enterprise and I find it more and more difficult to deal with them as time goes on. I will say though, that the local store manager now knows me and my wife and usually bends over backward to do what's right, but when their system won't allow it, that stops them dead in their tracks.

Oh well, we did end up buying another WIN8 computer at Fry's that was a pretty good deal, and I think we like WIN8, though my wife is going through a learning curve. After fooling around with it for a few days getting it ready for her desk, I did kind of get the hang of it and it was so much faster at everything than her 4-year old computer that it was a dream to work with.

Good luck getting this to work and hope you enjoy your new computer!

BTW, it looks like OP here did a lot of work on this; much appreciated and I am going to look closer to see if we need to add another computer to our portfolio!

Cogito

reset2k said:   Looks like Staples is trying to clear out their 3rd gen Intel processors. Good deals to be had though

Still, they are good processors.

Off topic: It's just that some deceive you. Many i5 CPUs that are sold on laptops are either worse than or marginally better than the i3 CPUs.

Examples:

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-3317U-vs-Intel-Core-i3-312...

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-3337U-vs-Intel-Core-i3-312...

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-3210M-vs-Intel-Core-i3-312...

And that is a low end i3 processor that I can get with a laptop for $299. To get a high-end i5, you usually have to spend over $550.

Skipping 24 Messages...
CUinBlank said:   SunkenTreasure said:   CUinBlank said:   
Thanks again. I called and asked about the kios order and learned that if a store does not sell it, they have to charge me the online price (since they don't have the in-store price). If I can show them the in-store price (from a store in another region or state), they can match it. So, has anyone bought the laptop in-store? If so, would you mind post your receipt? TIA

I didn't buy it so I don't have the receipt. But I did manage to get you a picture of the price.

EDIT: Also, If anybody else needs in-store prices on the deals that I posted - just ask me and I'll provide you with the picture. I only have the pictures on the deals that I confirmed the in-store price.

Thanks for the trouble in providing the store price tag. Unfortunately, the store has made a mistake as pointed out by rawman1 above.

Changed the price on the original post. Yeah, sorry about that. I did not think to make sure that sales tag was correct. Also, I had previously taken the pictures so it's no big deal. How do you think I memorized the prices?

You can still get the Toshiba L75D-A7283 17.3" Entertainment Laptop for $299.99. It will just come with an AMD A4-5000 processor instead of the i3-3120m.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i3-3120M-vs-AMD-A4-5000

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014