• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Terms and Conditions
Marriott Gift Card Offer and Terms and Conditions

Marriott Gift Cards, purchased in $100 increments earn 1,200 Rapid Rewards points, $250 increments earn 3,000 Rapid Rewards points and $500 increments earn 6,000 Rapid Rewards points, allowing a maximum of 12,000 points to be awarded during promotional period. This is an online promotion only and cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer not valid on Marriott Gift Cards or eGiftCards purchased on property, via 3rd parties or 1 800 813 GIFT. Promotion is valid August 1, 2013 through September 26, 2013 only.

Purchaserís name must match Rapid Rewards account number to receive eligible points. Please allow four to six weeks after purchase for points to appear in your account. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. All Marriott Rewards rules and regulations apply.

The Marriott Gift Card can be used for all purchases and services charged to a Marriott guest room. If you are not a registered hotel guest and are planning to use this card at a spa, restaurant, retail store, or other outlet, please confirm in advance that the Marriott Gift Card is accepted. The Marriott Gift Card cannot be used to guarantee a room reservation, but may be used as payment at check out. Gift Card purchases earning Rapid Rewards points are not eligible for return or refund. This is a limited time, limited inventory offer. Marriott Rewards points will not be earned with the purchase of the gift cards. Shipping and handling fees apply. $1 shipping option available to U.S. addresses only for orders less than $1,000 USD.

See full Marriott Rewards Terms and Conditions
See full Marriott Gift Card Terms and Conditions

Member Summary

marriott
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
likewise here...got gift cards couple days ago...no points as of yet....

chicagoster (Aug. 15, 2013 @ 8:38p) |

purchased on 8/16, see points in my SWA account on 8/18, card not yet received

HIV (Aug. 19, 2013 @ 10:41p) |

Yes you can! †
My statement just closed today, showing 5,005 points.

My SW points showed up on the 18th too.

b534202 (Aug. 20, 2013 @ 11:52p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is perfect for rounding out the required companion fare points with the '2 southwest credit cards' deal. Better than throwing money toward buying Choice points for transfer...

Buy (1) $500 gift card to complete the 6000 points required; prob get 500 points for the straight purchase as well, if you use your SW Chase Visa.

Cardpool.com will pay $430 cash or $451 in Amazon credit for a $500 Marriott card.

Got errors with 3 different credit cards from 3 different institutions. The website is broken...

This is about a $50 MM plus gets you closer to companion pass, assuming cardpool doesn't get flooded with these in the next week.

Came early this year !

So these are only good for selling?

Because for a $500 stay at Marriott, I think I can get about 3000 Marriott points paying with a Marriott Visa instead.

b534202 said:   Because for a $500 stay at Marriott, I think I can get about 3000 Marriott points paying with a Marriott Visa instead.

I value 3000 Marriott points at like $15, maybe $25 if you get a good redemption.

6,000 RR points is a straight $100 value on Southwest, plus some savings on taxes depending on the connections.

good deal, thanks OP. 12000 sw points is definitely worth more than my 8K marriot including elite bonus.

Does anyone know how this purchase is coded for credit cards? Is it in a travel category for bonus purposes?

Hum... No Marriott egift cards available huh? Too bad, I need the gift cards by next Thursday

Is this stackable with points earned when booking via Southwest.com? It seems if you sign up for Mariott rewards you can currently get up to 750 RR points when booking via southwest by choosing to get RR instead of Mariott points. Could one then pay with the giftcard?

Anyone successful with this? I only got errors a few days ago, along with one temp hold on my card, that has since cleared.

I had the credit card auth issues also and just tried again successfully. Sent an email initially but never got a response back...

Just worked for me - first time.

Shnap51 said:   Anyone successful with this? I only got errors a few days ago, along with one temp hold on my card, that has since cleared.

No problem buying $1000 of GC.
I wish they confirm my RR number somewhere on the receipt though. If I don't get the points it would be a tough fight.

Thanks. Worked this time. Now, to plan a vacation...or sell.

Anyone confirm that the points did count towards the Companion Pass, seen a post on flyertalk saying that it did not.

I bought $1000 gift card from last promotion. The points are not counted towards companion pass.

bigbear said:   I bought $1000 gift card from last promotion. The points are not counted towards companion pass.

How long did it take for you to get the 12k points?

bought gift cards on 10/23, 12K points posted on 10/27.

angelmartinez said:   bigbear said:   I bought $1000 gift card from last promotion. The points are not counted towards companion pass.

How long did it take for you to get the 12k points?

jaws24 said:   b534202 said:   Because for a $500 stay at Marriott, I think I can get about 3000 Marriott points paying with a Marriott Visa instead.

I value 3000 Marriott points at like $15, maybe $25 if you get a good redemption.

6,000 RR points is a straight $100 value on Southwest, plus some savings on taxes depending on the connections.

Could you double dip, meaning, buy this Gift Card with Marriot Visa, get the points, and then also get the SW promo?

Just received my card today, but no sign of points yet.

Shnap51 said:   Just received my card today, but no sign of points yet.

likewise here...got gift cards couple days ago...no points as of yet....

purchased on 8/16, see points in my SWA account on 8/18, card not yet received

dpid said:   
jaws24 said:   
b534202 said:   Because for a $500 stay at Marriott, I think I can get about 3000 Marriott points paying with a Marriott Visa instead.

Could you double dip, meaning, buy this Gift Card with Marriot Visa, get the points, and then also get the SW promo?

††
Yes you can! †
My statement just closed today, showing 5,005 points.

My SW points showed up on the 18th too.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014