• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is the Macbook Air that was just released (June 2013) and is the lowest price yet (previously was $1,049).

Best Buy Macbook Air 13" Newest Model

Register an .edu e-mail address at Best Buy will lower the price another $100, to $899, through August 17, 2013.

Best Buy College Student Deals

Best Buy
See Best Buy promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

13" Macbook Air
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good deal with .edu discount... too bad RAM isn't user upgradeable. I'd want 8GB to future proof it.

For what purpose do you need 8GB of ram for in a netbook?

maybe install windows ?

jayjay3636 said:   maybe install windows ?

best thing you can do on a mac

usernamemax20charact said:   Good deal with .edu discount... too bad RAM isn't user upgradeable. I'd want 8GB to future proof it.

you can buy more advance model
AppleŽ - MacBook ProŽ with Retina Display - 13.3\" Display - 8GB Memory - 128GB Flash Storage

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17005&type=page&_DARGS=/site/en_US/catalog/fragments/olshaccscartlink.jsp_A&_DAV=

dknt23 said:   usernamemax20charact said:   Good deal with .edu discount... too bad RAM isn't user upgradeable. I'd want 8GB to future proof it.

AppleŽ - MacBook ProŽ with Retina Display - 13.3" Display - 8GB Memory - 128GB Flash Storage

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17005&type=page&_...

Yeah, but a MacBook PRO is MUCH thicker.

This deal is for an Air.

wildgun said:   For what purpose do you need 8GB of ram for in a netbook?

My answer (one of many possible): to run VMs. If you need to have a Windows VM or a development VM or two, 4GB is tight. Games also like RAM.

Also, this isn't a netbook. It's a fully usable computer. It just happens to be portable.

+ $25 back with #AmexSync https://sync.americanexpress.com/ + $14 CashBack + credit card rewards + reward zone!

Thanks, OP!

BB's 3-yr accidental warranty is $450; SqTrade is 1/2 this @ 225.
Now the eternal questions - how do I get an .edu email account?

If you want to get this I can give you my coupon since I'm not going to buy it.

megagleason said:   wow,,great deal..just picked up 2 for my 7 and 10 year olds ....also need a deal on 2 ipads for them ..need the 128 gb with cellular ..any deals out there for these..

i picked up a couple white 128gb verizon ipads for my 3 yr old twins, best deal i found was $300 off but they were open box at BB. ymmv. got 2 developer orders in for google glass as well for them but might wait till they're 4, they seem kinda delicate

Redbeard25 said:   + $25 back with #AmexSync https://sync.americanexpress.com/ + $14 CashBack + credit card rewards + reward zone!

Thanks, OP!

Is there a special from Amex that give the $25 credit back? I usually received this from my Twitter account but haven't seen anything for Best Buy purchase.

STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   megagleason said:   wow,,great deal..just picked up 2 for my 7 and 10 year olds ....also need a deal on 2 ipads for them ..need the 128 gb with cellular ..any deals out there for these..

i picked up a couple white 128gb verizon ipads for my 3 yr old twins, best deal i found was $300 off but they were open box at BB. ymmv. got 2 developer orders in for google glass as well for them but might wait till they're 4, they seem kinda delicate

Lucky kids.... I was never spoiled as a child. I am jealous.

RedWingz said:   Now the eternal questions - how do I get an .edu email account?
Go back to school! Nothing more precious than a good education

Still a bit too much for me but its a laptop I really want.

Bought one yesterday, seems they are sold out at most stores. Sadly I did not pay attention and the cart had added Webroot security for $29.99 that cannot be returned. Shame on Best Buy for adding it to cart instead of recommending. Did chat with their customer service, they could not do anything about it, called and they could not do anything about it but said that they will escalate internally. Called Credit card company and now will have to either loose $32 and change with Tax or continue battling by disputing the charge. Shame on Best Buy.

dknt23 said:   usernamemax20charact said:   Good deal with .edu discount... too bad RAM isn't user upgradeable. I'd want 8GB to future proof it.

AppleŽ - MacBook ProŽ with Retina Display - 13.3" Display - 8GB Memory - 128GB Flash Storage

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17005&type=page&_...

The only thing more advanced is the retina display and extra 4 gigs of memory, the processor in the Air is the new Haswell that is equal to or even better than the last gen processor in the pro. Until the new pros come out with the newer processor the only reason to get a pro is for the retina display, right now the Air is the way to go.

Good Deal here. Fortunately for me I have a Macbook Air already

lanwarrior said:   Redbeard25 said:   + $25 back with #AmexSync https://sync.americanexpress.com/ + $14 CashBack + credit card rewards + reward zone!

Thanks, OP!

Is there a special from Amex that give the $25 credit back? I usually received this from my Twitter account but haven't seen anything for Best Buy purchase.

Yes, there was, but if you didn't already request it, its over for you. There's a thread on it, probably in expired deals.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.