• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Through October 31st, head on over to Amazon where they are offering up $10 in FREE Movie Cash to see either Smurfs 2 or Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (coming out September 27th!) when you purchase one participating DVD, Blu-ray or Instant Video! They have many popular movies available starting in price at just $7.99 which is like getting a better than FREE movie when you take into account the $10 in movie cash that you’ll score!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativ...

credit to collin/h2s

Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That may seem great, but you can only watch Smurfs 2 or Cloudy 2. Both of these original movies caused me to cringe - that's how bad they were.

zklopman said:   That may seem great, but you can only watch Smurfs 2 or Cloudy 2. Both of these original movies caused me to cringe - that's how bad they were.

not so,

the codes for the $10 are generic, you can redeem them towards any movie ticket.

zklopman said:   That may seem great, but you can only watch Smurfs 2 or Cloudy 2. Both of these original movies caused me to cringe - that's how bad they were.saw both and they're cute. don't mind watching sequels.

Just an FYI...I've done this deal already. The movie cash does print with the movie title. YMMV if you can use it on other movies. Go Smurfs 2

IN 4 1.

GiggleGreen said:   Just an FYI...I've done this deal already. The movie cash does print with the movie title. YMMV if you can use it on other movies. Go Smurfs 2

but don't you just redeem the code online? can't you book any flick with it?

MISTERCHEAP said:   GiggleGreen said:   Just an FYI...I've done this deal already. The movie cash does print with the movie title. YMMV if you can use it on other movies. Go Smurfs 2

but don't you just redeem the code online? can't you book any flick with it?


I've done many of these with cereal boxes and pop-tarts, and the rules change according to the movie being promoted. Sometimes specific movies, sometimes specific studios (e.g. any Disney movie) and sometimes any movie you want. I don't know about this specific offer - you need to read the fine print on the voucher. And sometimes the theater does not care about any restrictions, so YMMV.

It's called Fandango. You used to be able to redeem these for Amazon gc's but me and a friend fixed that

I knew with a recent Fandango promotion the code only worked on the movie listed. So I wouldn't assume you could use it for any movie.

How can you purchase Amazon GC with these Hollywood cash?

alamo11 said:   It's called Fandango. You used to be able to redeem these for Amazon gc's but me and a friend fixed that

I Amazon, but the selection of DVDs that qualify are things my family already has seen or own. All but 2 choices seem to be many years old (some approaching 20 yrs old).

Gotta pass...

tn4304 said:   How can you purchase Amazon GC with these Hollywood cash?

alamo11 said:   It's called Fandango. You used to be able to redeem these for Amazon gc's but me and a friend fixed that


Can't anymore I got that fixed.

Hmm

You posted that the following qualify as well for the movie cash.
DVD Only: Muppets From Space * Jumanji;
Amazon Instant Video Only: Open Season * Open Season 3 * Soul Surfer

When I search them out there is nothing to indicate which one of the many listings for each one qualifies for the promotional movie cash and the original link doesn't show them at all. Is there something obvious that I am missing here? How can I find them?
Thanks!

acewarner said:   You posted that the following qualify as well for the movie cash.
DVD Only: Muppets From Space * Jumanji;
Amazon Instant Video Only: Open Season * Open Season 3 * Soul Surfer

When I search them out there is nothing to indicate which one of the many listings for each one qualifies for the promotional movie cash and the original link doesn't show them at all. Is there something obvious that I am missing here? How can I find them?
Thanks!


Did you click the link that the OP included? It can't be more obvious than that.

Of course I did, but if you do the same and look at what is listed the DVDs (read "not Blu-Ray), and the Amazon Prime instant titles that the OP listed are not on that link. Help is always appreciated...sarcasm I can do without! By the way I did say that they were not shown under the original link.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014