• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
I am getting a "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase' error. Is this coupon still valid?

Got the phone on Wednesday the 7th . Popped in my ATT sim card, waited for two days . Logged onto my att account online ,clicked on chat with technical services and requested for unlock code .Agent came back after 2 minutes and gave me the unlock code on chat .
I DO NOT have a data plan .

I have a dumb phone with a regular SIM on it. Lumia 520 needs a Micro SIM. When i checked with ATT to replace my regular SIM with Micro SIM, they said, Micro SIM is only for Smart Phone.

If i put my SIM in any smart phone, it will be detected and automatically you will be slapped with a 5 GB data plan if not confirmed.

So, how do you avoid a Data plan in that case?

Thanks,

IndianOne said:   Got the phone on Wednesday the 7th . Popped in my ATT sim card, waited for two days . Logged onto my att account online ,clicked on chat with technical services and requested for unlock code .Agent came back after 2 minutes and gave me the unlock code on chat .

How were you not slapped with a data plan? ATT told me if they detect you using a smart phone without a data plan, they automatically put 5GB data plan on it if we do not confirm to them.

VBOnline said:   IndianOne said:   Got the phone on Wednesday the 7th . Popped in my ATT sim card, waited for two days . Logged onto my att account online ,clicked on chat with technical services and requested for unlock code .Agent came back after 2 minutes and gave me the unlock code on chat .

How were you not slapped with a data plan? ATT told me if they detect you using a smart phone without a data plan, they automatically put 5GB data plan on it if we do not confirm to them.

He could be out of contract customer or prepaid card customer. Last time I call for my other phone early this year, ATT agent will helps me when Im out of my 2 year contract. Or he could be a lucky person.

They are 35 to get unlocked on eBay.. see post about 8-10 above this....

Anyone managed to get this unlocked using the unlock code from the eBay seller?

getafix said:   Anyone managed to get this unlocked using the unlock code from the eBay seller?
Search item # 151102089517 on eBay, costs $3.51, took 7 hrs to get the unlock code from this seller. Now my Lumia 520 works on Lycamobile without any problems.
When you get the code, pop in any non-AT&T SIM card (e.g Lycamobile, T-Mobile) in your Nokia, a window will show up to enter the code, enter the code and hit thanks button to OP
Good Luck!

poisonz said:   
VBOnline said:   
IndianOne said:   Got the phone on Wednesday the 7th . Popped in my ATT sim card, waited for two days . Logged onto my att account online ,clicked on chat with technical services and requested for unlock code .Agent came back after 2 minutes and gave me the unlock code on chat .

He could be out of contract customer or prepaid card customer. Last time I call for my other phone early this year, ATT agent will helps me when Im out of my 2 year contract. Or he could be a lucky person.

He probably is lucky or on prepaid as even i am out of contract but the ATT person told me it doesnt matter as long as you are on ATT network and using a smart phone, you should have a data plan.

I am not able to get discount.
Is this Nokia lumia 520

wasimmkhan said:   I am not able to get discount.
Is this Nokia lumia 520

I think you are a tad bit too late.

Whee can I get unlocked code for under $10?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014