• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
T-Mobile HTC One S No Contract - HSN - $199.95
Found another great price on a T-Mobile phone from HSN. It is the HTC One S (not the new HTC One that was just released a few months ago). Price is $199.95 with free shipping. You get the phone, a skin, some free apps and the other usual car charger and wall charger. Great price for anyone looking for a new T-Mobile Android handset.

http://www.hsn.com/products/htc-o...le/7241156

HSN
Need a HSN coupon that earns Up to 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

T-Mobile HTC One S No Contract
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HTC
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This phone has no SD card expansion slot or removable battery.

http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/htc-one-s-gradient/4505-6452...

For $199 though it's an impressive offering, great camera and Jelly Bean. If you don't need the bleeding edge, this is a great T-Mobile prepaid deal.

Interestingly it's one of the only two phones on the list not made in China. HTC One S is made in Taiwan and LG Optimus L9 is made in Korea. Both are priced at $199 with L9 having a bigger display, SD slot but smaller internal storage. I think overall HTC One S has slightly better specs than L9... but in some areas a downgrade from my HTC Amaze... Good price though for people who can tolerate the drawbacks. I would wait until phones with 2GB ram drop to $199 ish...

Forgot to mention this price is for today only. Their website has a timer counting down.

Good review on Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/02/htc-one-s-review/

Nice deal on a premium smart phone from last year.

johnniefive said:   T-Mobile HTC One S No Contract - HSN - $199.95
Found another great price on a T-Mobile phone from HSN. It is the HTC One S (not the new HTC One that was just released a few months ago). Price is $199.95 with free shipping. You get the phone, a skin, some free apps and the other usual car charger and wall charger. Great price for anyone looking for a new T-Mobile Android handset.

http://www.hsn.com/products/htc-o...le/7241156

Does one have to sign up with T-Mobile to use this phone? I have a prepaid card that uses the T-Mobile network, but is not T-Mobile..it is LycaMobile

can this be used on AT&T?

asuka said:   For $199 though it's an impressive offering, great camera and Jelly Bean. If you don't need the bleeding edge, this is a great T-Mobile prepaid deal.
or an even better post paid deal - no sense paying $600 (over the life of your contract) for a phone especially if you can get 5 family/friends on a postpaid account for $110/month for all 5 lines!!!!

It will have to be unlocked to use with Lyca or ATT. Looks like you can buy an unlock code on e-bay for around $5.

Is there any first time HSN customer coupons that will work?

thanks

Sorry, but dual core phones are dead. They can't do anything. You will get dropped calls. Missing texts. Apps will crawl. Don't even think about games.

fatxman said:   Sorry, but dual core phones are dead. They can't do anything. You will get dropped calls. Missing texts. Apps will crawl. Don't even think about games.
I know, the moment the first quad core phone came out my single core phone could sense that it was obsolete and immediately stopped working.

Buyer beware! This phone has what's called the "helicopter bug". The home screen goes crazy when your on 2G with low signal. I can't find any info that this has been or will be fixed.
Look here htcsource.com

This is the only problem for me. Must have removable batteries. 1650mah is not enough power for me.

Battery Specs: Non-removable Li-Po 1650 mAh battery

Specs. from GsmArena.com

I have the Virgin Mobile HTC One V and it has a Non-removable Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery.

looks like its back to $230 now. too bad I missed it. Do you know if this bug exists even if we replace the build - root, unlock, port an AOSP build on to this phone?

fatxman said:   Sorry, but dual core phones are dead. They can't do anything. You will get dropped calls. Missing texts. Apps will crawl. Don't even think about games.

I have this phone and it runs everything I throw at it. Not sure what more I could want. I love it.

Oh yea, and I play a lot of games.

Same here; I have this same phone. Besides a couple quirks here and there, it's been great!

Lol you are highly exagerating. Dual core is still just fine and will not cause those problems you mentioned. esp with this device. Dropped calls ?? lol give me a break. If your in fine coverage even on single core that doesn't happen & this phone from all reviews flys!

Ordered one couple days ago at the 229.95 price which is still excellent with free shipping & you can pay in payments! Still a great deal while they have them at that price which is still 50.00 off! and only 30 higher then before.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.