• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The Deal:
$100 for a One-Year Sam's Club Plus membership package (a $147.84 total value)

One-year Sam's Club Plus membership (a $100 value); view membership benefits
*$30 gift card valid for in-club purchases
*Fresh-food vouchers, redeemable through November 10 (a $17.84 value)

Fresh-food vouchers include:

*One Artisan Fresh rotisserie chicken (about 3 lbs, a $4.88 value)
*One Artisan Fresh gourmet cupcakes variety pack (4 ct, a $4.98 value)
*One Castle Wood Reserve sliced oven-roasted turkey breast (22 oz, a $7.98 value)

As an added bonus, all new Sam's Club Plus memberships come with more than $125 in members-only savings offers on some of Sam's Club's most popular merchandise. On top of that, Plus Members receive $100+ in additional savings offers each month (not valid in Texas, Las Cruces, NM, or Shreveport, LA).

Click HERE for deal.

Sams Club
See Sams Club promo codes that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Groupon
See Groupon promo codes that earn 12.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

sams (20.50kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
As a SAMS and COSTCO member, stick with COSTCO.

SAMS has a terrible customer service!!!

S182 (Aug. 06, 2013 @ 2:38p) |

Costco, except for their not so friendly staffs on returns although their policy says to accept returns if customers don... (more)

UKEEKAZE (Aug. 07, 2013 @ 10:38a) |

Thanks for the info. I was curious if there were any difference in the plans.

bikinibottom (Aug. 11, 2013 @ 1:26a) |

Valid for new Sam's Club Members only; not valid for those with a current membership.

The PLUS membership isn't worth crap...stick to the $40 annual membership (which you may notice they don't even advertise anymore (and from what I heard they train their employees to say they don't even have a cheaper membership)...don't be fooled...

Oh, and I bought their last Groupon deal for a regular membership. They refused to honor the free items that were advertised with the coupons even though it was within the dates for the promotion...because the coupons they had printed had different dates.

donrull said:   The PLUS membership isn't worth crap...stick to the $40 annual membership (which you may notice they don't even advertise anymore (and from what I heard they train their employees to say they don't even have a cheaper membership)...don't be fooled...
I agree, I got a free 1yr plus membership thanks to a deal I found, I barely got any use out of it other than a coupon or two.

But this deal is DOA for me, I'm already a member.

Also seems like SC has gone downhill since the last Groupon deal. It could just be me being spoiled by BJs. A few items at SC are cheaper then BJs, but BJs also takes manufacturers coupons, and you can get multiple coupon books to get a multiple of the month's deal (like get 5x cases of diapers). Sams club is limited to 1 promo per card.

Oh and my SC has no sale right now for regular memberships, only for plus. And they keep the sale flyer for plus right at CS with no indication that those sales are plus only (Other then the wording on top of the flyer that says "Thank you for upgrading your membership"). Can you say false advertising?

I brought the Groupon for the regular membership a few months ago...it was a much better deal back then.

donrull said:   The PLUS membership isn't worth crap...stick to the $40 annual membership (which you may notice they don't even advertise anymore (and from what I heard they train their employees to say they don't even have a cheaper membership)...don't be fooled...
The $40 is now $45.

russ0519 said:   Also seems like SC has gone downhill since the last Groupon deal. It could just be me being spoiled by BJs. A few items at SC are cheaper then BJs, but BJs also takes manufacturers coupons, and you can get multiple coupon books to get a multiple of the month's deal (like get 5x cases of diapers). Sams club is limited to 1 promo per card.

Oh and my SC has no sale right now for regular memberships, only for plus. And they keep the sale flyer for plus right at CS with no indication that those sales are plus only (Other then the wording on top of the flyer that says "Thank you for upgrading your membership"). Can you say false advertising?

You're right, Sam's coupons are almost always for plus members only, however BJ's coupon books are almost always as equally worthless. The main reason I keep my SC membership is because of their gas station, but BJ's also has gas and the prices are usually only like a penny higher, and their station isn't usually as crowded as SC's is. My membership is up in October, and I'm really debating on whether to keep it or not, to be honest.

The reason they have the fliers at the register is that during certain periods of the year, everyone can get the plus discounts, even if they do NOT have the plus membership. It's a scam. I've been a plus member several times before and the offers are never items that I actually buy...so I get the plus refunded prior to my renewal.

I had a free day at Sam's this weekend, and today I went to BJ's. Costco is too far from me, but in a year they will build Costco near me. Sam's Club, and BJ's, have less and less product's today. I went with a list and could only find half the items. Sam's Club, had no Prepackaged cole slaw, etc. I am thinking about BJ's because they sell greeting cards, at half price.

Marvinomatic said:   I had a free day at Sam's this weekend.

I went for the free day yesterday. Didn't join, but found I had a nail in my tire, so I joined online after the store closed. Technically, that qualified me for all the free "extras" they offered, but since they weren't valid coupons today, they offered me a $25 gift card instead. At $45 for basic membership (business membership is also $45), it's well worth the cost of getting your flat tires repaired and balanced. I know Costco won't fix your flat if you didn't purchase the tires from them, but Sam's will.

dimsumkid said:   Marvinomatic said:   I had a free day at Sam's this weekend.

I went for the free day yesterday. Didn't join, but found I had a nail in my tire, so I joined online after the store closed. Technically, that qualified me for all the free "extras" they offered, but since they weren't valid coupons today, they offered me a $25 gift card instead. At $45 for basic membership (business membership is also $45), it's well worth the cost of getting your flat tires repaired and balanced. I know Costco won't fix your flat if you didn't purchase the tires from them, but Sam's will.

Many of the tire stores like America tire company/freedom tire company will fix flats for free no questions asked.

On topic, I am a basic member with membership expiring in a month. I use it mainly for gas, and some groceries. I think for normal use, their plus membership is overrated. Also I have found that on short notice, if you need big stuff, Sam's/Costco have the best deals. I needed a TV over the weekend, and bought a 42" vizio from there after checking out best buy, costco, bj's. I will most likely renew the memberhip again for $45. This Groupon does nothing for me though.

What? You beat the FatWallette post by 3+ hours

antifozy said:   
Many of the tire stores like America tire company/freedom tire company will fix flats for free no questions asked.

Wish it were the case here, I haven't run into any tire stores in the Chicago area that will do it for free. If anyone knows, I'd be glad to keep them on my list of places the next time.

I wouldn't have my tires balanced/repaired from them. In my area they do the same as wallworld with old style equipment suitable only for steel wheels or those that don't care.

I believe that to do it right you need to the correct equipment as well as do a roadforce balance.

So, $$$ for a membership to a place that doesn't really compete with regular grocery stores sales, coupons, etc, including wallyworld is a waste.

$0.02

i hope the earlier deal returns (where it was maybe $5 after everything) i guess Sam's Club got a promising amount of new memberships that they want to try the higher end offer...oh well

GlassVial said:   russ0519 said:   Also seems like SC has gone downhill since the last Groupon deal. It could just be me being spoiled by BJs. A few items at SC are cheaper then BJs, but BJs also takes manufacturers coupons, and you can get multiple coupon books to get a multiple of the month's deal (like get 5x cases of diapers). Sams club is limited to 1 promo per card.

You're right, Sam's coupons are almost always for plus members only, however BJ's coupon books are almost always as equally worthless. The main reason I keep my SC membership is because of their gas station, but BJ's also has gas and the prices are usually only like a penny higher, and their station isn't usually as crowded as SC's is. My membership is up in October, and I'm really debating on whether to keep it or not, to be honest.

I actually end up using the coupon books quite a lot. Combined with manufacturer's coupons, it's hard to beat BJs prices. We have one that's in a BID with lower sales tax, so it's even better. Too bad they don't have alcohol for some reason, have to go to another BJs for that.

There are a few things we miss from SC, but not enough to renew the membership.

Thx. Never knew that.

The $40 is now $45. yes it is really.

Still...a big jump from there to $100...

As a SAMS and COSTCO member, stick with COSTCO.

SAMS has a terrible customer service!!!

Costco, except for their not so friendly staffs on returns although their policy says to accept returns if customers don't like products purchased, has quality products and local produce items, although limited selections, in ok prices. I have an executive membership which pays me back %2 of entire purchases at the warehouse, pretty much pays me back the membership cost entirely. Worth it.

Thanks for the info. I was curious if there were any difference in the plans.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014