• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.staples.com/coupons/?icid=HDC:HDC:DROPDOWN:WEEKLY:COU...

all noted valid STORE ONLY

multi use code on the $5/50

Coupon Codes
Note: Some Staples will allow you to tell them the code verbally. Take advantage of this if they do as there will be no terms for them to read and you don't need to print out 4328943982 coupons.

$1 off Hammermill International Paper making it FAR - 81367
$3 off Staples Photo Plus, glossy, 4x6 making it FAR - 84363
$3 off Staples Pastel Paper making it FAR - 41433
$2 off Multipurpose Case Paper, $19.99 AR - 93911

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Photo Paper
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That only applies if using a mobile app coupon. 5/50 works with product coupons attached to an item while the mobile app... (more)

mathfaster (Aug. 17, 2013 @ 10:28a) |

Lets see if I got it right- Hammermill paper & pens will "absorb" $15 off worth of app coupon.

ShakuniMama (Aug. 17, 2013 @ 11:22a) |

App coupon only prorates now to items that do not have product coupons attached which is why the product coupons are giv... (more)

mathfaster (Aug. 17, 2013 @ 2:44p) |

Pilot Bottle2Pen 5-Pack, $5.29 Staples Easy Rebate, limit 1
Rebate Offer Number 13-72183.

Staples Pastel Paper, $5.99 Staples Easy Rebate, limit 4
Offer Number 13-74567.
$8.99 -$3 q at op link - $5.99 rebate = FREE

Hammermill Paper, $5.99 Staples Easy Rebate, limit 2
$6.99 less $1 q at link - $5.99 rebate = FREE

Rebate Offer Number 13-74569.

Photo Plus Paper, $6.99 Staples Easy Rebate, limit 4

$9.99 -$3q - $6.99 er = FREE

Rebate Offer Number 13-74571
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Mr Cheap

Sorry to be a dunce but the coupons usually say limit one. Will the CSR simply input the coupon more than once on a single visit or do I need to go to the store multiple times and submit multiple rebates for an individual item in order to reach the maximum limit set by the terms of the rebate offer? Trying to get to Premier Status so being able to pick up multiples of these FAR items would get me there quicker, not to mention getting all of my paper needs met for free ..... the FatWallet way!!!

I never cease to be amazed at how spending so much at Staples can save me so much! Thanks to you and others for posting these deals. Keep up the great work, it IS appreciated.

Lumpy05 said:   Mr Cheap

Sorry to be a dunce but the coupons usually say limit one. Will the CSR simply input the coupon more than once on a single visit or do I need to go to the store multiple times and submit multiple rebates for an individual item in order to reach the maximum limit set by the terms of the rebate offer? Trying to get to Premier Status so being able to pick up multiples of these FAR items would get me there quicker, not to mention getting all of my paper needs met for free ..... the FatWallet way!!!

I never cease to be amazed at how spending so much at Staples can save me so much! Thanks to you and others for posting these deals. Keep up the great work, it IS appreciated.

1) check your coupon wallet at staplesrewards.com, it's possible the same q's are there w/o the limit 1 wording.

2) what I do is.....I print a q for each item I'm going to buy. if limit 4, I print 4 q's and hand in a q' for each one in ONE transaction. Obviously the ones w/o the limit 1 wording are the best to use, to avoid cashier hassles.

For the 5 off 50 cpn, is the 50 counting the 'before coupon' total?

Also will the rebate system reduce the rebate amount because of the 5 Off coupon?

mmyk72 said:   For the 5 off 50 cpn, is the 50 counting the 'before coupon' total?

Also will the rebate system reduce the rebate amount because of the 5 Off coupon?
Sub-total is always used before any coupons. For the other answer see this thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/m1658254...

Don't forget the 50% off Pilot pens from last week to make it a MM today/tomorrow.

RedSombrero said:   Don't forget the 50% off Pilot pens from last week to make it a MM today/tomorrow.

is there a scan of that coupon anywhere to print? don't think it's on the website any longer.

Pilot 50 off
Disclaimer
MISTERCHEAP said:   RedSombrero said:   Don't forget the 50% off Pilot pens from last week to make it a MM today/tomorrow.

is there a scan of that coupon anywhere to print? don't think it's on the website any longer.

Here you go.

RedSombrero said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   RedSombrero said:   Don't forget the 50% off Pilot pens from last week to make it a MM today/tomorrow.

Here you go.

thanks and green for you.

so if I did the hammermill and 4x6 photo paper rebates last week, these are the same rebates, right?

edit: the answer to this is in the Staples thread.

looks like the 5/50 coupon (or any coupon) will reduce the rebate amount. Since it's FAR (and no tax today in my state), I guess there's no advantage to use it for me.

Does Staples take coupon a day or two after it is expired? The Pilot coupon is valid through 8/10.

hondo1978 said:   Does Staples take coupon a day or two after it is expired? The Pilot coupon is valid through 8/10.Yes, 2 day grace period on 5 digit coupons IF the cashier will scan it. Register will take it and apply it.

mmyk72 said:   looks like the 5/50 coupon (or any coupon) will reduce the rebate amount. Since it's FAR (and no tax today in my state), I guess there's no advantage to use it for me.Generally speaking no coupon will reduce a rebate unless it is a BTS Savings Pass or a competitor coupon used on a variable rebate. You need to read the Staples Beginners thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1157891/m1658254... and stop posting nonsense.

mmyk72 said:   looks like the 5/50 coupon (or any coupon) will reduce the rebate amount. Since it's FAR (and no tax today in my state), I guess there's no advantage to use it for me.

oops. Just saw the reply. Thanks Mathfaster. Can we use the $10 off $50 app coupon in conjunction with these FAR items? I remember someone saying that it can only be used on items which no other coupons apply.

misterspaghetti said:   mmyk72 said:   looks like the 5/50 coupon (or any coupon) will reduce the rebate amount. Since it's FAR (and no tax today in my state), I guess there's no advantage to use it for me.

Really? That hasn't been the case in the past. Is the same true for the $10 off $50 app coupon?
No, not sure how they came to that conclusion. Only BTS passes reduce rebates and competitor coupons applied to variable rebates.

OK. Maybe I made a mistake.... I did real the rather long Beginner's thread on Staples. BTW, if you know the answer, it's better to just say it outright so people like me and others don't get all confused.

mmyk72 said:   OK. Maybe I made a mistake.... I did real the rather long Beginner's thread on Staples. BTW, if you know the answer, it's better to just say it outright so people like me and others don't get all confused.Actually it is better to point one to the beginner's thread. Asking if coupons reduce rebates is a reasonable question. It is also very very basic to Staples deals. If you have one beginner's question you are most likely going to have 5. Rather than clutter a weekly thread with lots of basic questions it is better to point you to where you can find the answers and if you have additional questions to ask them in that thread. That way they stay localized and benefit other beginners.

Noob questions.
To use Staples app coupons, do I need to have some kind of WiFi access in store to "ckeck-in" ? Thanks.

and before anyone asks I have read and know the basics of the Staples app coupon but till date have never used it in practice.

ShakuniMama said:   Noob questions.
To use Staples app coupons, do I need to have some kind of WiFi access in store to "ckeck-in" ? Thanks.
It is better to screen shot the coupons and present those to the cashiers. Staples stores have their own wifi but it can be very unreliable when trying to get a coupon in the store. IMO it is better to use a location spoofer and generate coupons at home and then present them in the store via screen shots. If you would rather use your phone internet access you can do that as your location should satisfy the app and you would not need to use wifi. For devices like tablets, iTouch, etc. you would need to use their wifi in the store.

mathfaster said:   mmyk72 said:   OK. Maybe I made a mistake.... I did real the rather long Beginner's thread on Staples. BTW, if you know the answer, it's better to just say it outright so people like me and others don't get all confused.Actually it is better to point one to the beginner's thread. Asking if coupons reduce rebates is a reasonable question. It is also very very basic to Staples deals. If you have one beginner's question you are most likely going to have 5. Rather than clutter a weekly thread with lots of basic questions it is better to point you to where you can find the answers and if you have additional questions to ask them in that thread. That way they stay localized and benefit other beginners.I agree to some extent. However, if I have to read an entire 40 page thread to find one single piece of information which can be answered by one expert who has the info then it should be answered instead of just referring to that thread. After all no one is expert in everything and it will be waste of my time to read that entire thread, Instead I would rather spend that time explaining something to a noob which I know about very well. I have seen on this forum time and again that people jumping on noobs for their so called stupid questions (the answer to which might be obvious to them) forgetting that they once were noobs too. After all we are here to help each other!
I asked one basic question in one of Mr.C's thread and everyone jumped on me for not reading the entire 26 page thread to find the answer. It appears to me that once someone becomes an expert in one thread they feel that they own that thread and asking a basic question is considered an insult to their expertise. They think that since they spend time learning to be an expert on that topic then everyone should spend a lot of time too.

ShauniMama - well said!

ShakuniMama said:   mathfaster said:   mmyk72 said:   OK. Maybe I made a mistake.... I did real the rather long Beginner's thread on Staples. BTW, if you know the answer, it's better to just say it outright so people like me and others don't get all confused.Actually it is better to point one to the beginner's thread. Asking if coupons reduce rebates is a reasonable question. It is also very very basic to Staples deals. If you have one beginner's question you are most likely going to have 5. Rather than clutter a weekly thread with lots of basic questions it is better to point you to where you can find the answers and if you have additional questions to ask them in that thread. That way they stay localized and benefit other beginners.I agree to some extent. However, if I have to read an entire 40 page thread to find one single piece of information which can be answered by one expert who has the info then it should be answered instead of just referring to that thread. After all no one is expert in everything and it will be waste of my time to read that entire thread, Instead I would rather spend that time explaining something to a noob which I know about very well. I have seen on this forum time and again that people jumping on noobs for their so called stupid questions (the answer to which might be obvious to them) forgetting that they once were noobs too. After all we are here to help each other!
I asked one basic question in one of Mr.C's and everyone jumped on me for not reading the entire 40 page thread to find the answer. It appears to me that once someone becomes an expert in one thread they feel that they own that thread and asking a basic question is considered an insult to their expertise. They think that since they spend time learning to be an expert on that topic then everyone should spend a lot of time too.

Perhaps an FAQ should be created in the QS of the beginners thread for the 20 most asked questions. I think that would address the concerns you raise (which are valid) regarding sifting through 30 pages of posts to find one answer.

MISTERCHEAP said:   ShakuniMama said:   mathfaster said:   mmyk72 said:   OK. Maybe I made a mistake.... I did real the rather long Beginner's thread on Staples. BTW, if you know the answer, it's better to just say it outright so people like me and others don't get all confused.Actually it is better to point one to the beginner's thread. Asking if coupons reduce rebates is a reasonable question. It is also very very basic to Staples deals. If you have one beginner's question you are most likely going to have 5. Rather than clutter a weekly thread with lots of basic questions it is better to point you to where you can find the answers and if you have additional questions to ask them in that thread. That way they stay localized and benefit other beginners.I agree to some extent. However, if I have to read an entire 40 page thread to find one single piece of information which can be answered by one expert who has the info then it should be answered instead of just referring to that thread. After all no one is expert in everything and it will be waste of my time to read that entire thread, Instead I would rather spend that time explaining something to a noob which I know about very well. I have seen on this forum time and again that people jumping on noobs for their so called stupid questions (the answer to which might be obvious to them) forgetting that they once were noobs too. After all we are here to help each other!
I asked one basic question in one of Mr.C's and everyone jumped on me for not reading the entire 40 page thread to find the answer. It appears to me that once someone becomes an expert in one thread they feel that they own that thread and asking a basic question is considered an insult to their expertise. They think that since they spend time learning to be an expert on that topic then everyone should spend a lot of time too.

Perhaps an FAQ should be created in the QS of the beginners thread for the 20 most asked questions. I think that would address the concerns you raise (which are valid) regarding sifting through 30 pages of posts to find one answer.
Excellent idea Mr. C.
When I was active on this forum, I always used to update the QS regularly i.e. whenever the info changed or new info. Now, I do not have the time and only ask the question when the QS is lacking in the info and/or it has not been updated for months/years.

ShakuniMama said:   mathfaster said:   mmyk72 said:   OK. Maybe I made a mistake.... I did real the rather long Beginner's thread on Staples. BTW, if you know the answer, it's better to just say it outright so people like me and others don't get all confused.Actually it is better to point one to the beginner's thread. Asking if coupons reduce rebates is a reasonable question. It is also very very basic to Staples deals. If you have one beginner's question you are most likely going to have 5. Rather than clutter a weekly thread with lots of basic questions it is better to point you to where you can find the answers and if you have additional questions to ask them in that thread. That way they stay localized and benefit other beginners.I agree to some extent. However, if I have to read an entire 40 page thread to find one single piece of information which can be answered by one expert who has the info then it should be answered instead of just referring to that thread. After all no one is expert in everything and it will be waste of my time to read that entire thread, Instead I would rather spend that time explaining something to a noob which I know about very well. I have seen on this forum time and again that people jumping on noobs for their so called stupid questions (the answer to which might be obvious to them) forgetting that they once were noobs too. After all we are here to help each other!
All depends. It is a mixed bag. You get many people who are too lazy to read and post repetitive questions even when the answer has been posted 5 times before in the same thread. That gets old fast. A truly 40 page thread is another beast altogether. Yes, it can be difficult to navigate a 40 page thread. It is an art to find an answer at times. I usually just Google and choose my keywords carefully and add fatwallet as part of the search to restrict the answers to fatwallet threads. And I will change up my keywords if I don't like the search results. It was agreed some time ago by the regular posters that newbie questions would be pointed to the newbie thread rather than clutter a thread. BTW, I did answer your specific question on wifi rather than direct you to the app thread. So, it all depends.

RedSombrero said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   RedSombrero said:   Don't forget the 50% off Pilot pens from last week to make it a MM today/tomorrow.

Here you go.

just back, Pilot Q works like a charm! 1/2 price. $2.65mm on the rebate.

Thanks as always OP! Used the $10 off $50 check-in coupon which unfortunately only discounted the pens and some other clearance items I bought, but did not discount any of the paper items (each of which had a coupon from the coupon wallet already attached to it -- which may have been the issue). Still added up to $7.49 (vs $10) off of $50+ for my purchase, and hey, no tax here this weekend so that helps too.

Floydian said:   Thanks as always OP! Used the $10 off $50 check-in coupon which unfortunately only discounted the pens and some other clearance items I bought, but did not discount any of the paper items (each of which had a coupon from the coupon wallet already attached to it -- which may have been the issue). Still added up to $7.49 (vs $10) off of $50+ for my purchase, and hey, no tax here this weekend so that helps too.It is not an issue per se. It is just how the 3rd generation coupons work. They will not work unless there is an item(s) to which no product coupon is attached. You need >=$10 of product(s) to which no product coupon is attached to get $10 taken off. If the non attached product(s) is <$10 then you get that product(s) for free. Always give the new app coupons after the product coupons or the product coupons will not attach as the app coupon will prorate to the items and prevent the product coupons from attaching.

mathfaster said:   Floydian said:   Thanks as always OP! Used the $10 off $50 check-in coupon which unfortunately only discounted the pens and some other clearance items I bought, but did not discount any of the paper items (each of which had a coupon from the coupon wallet already attached to it -- which may have been the issue). Still added up to $7.49 (vs $10) off of $50+ for my purchase, and hey, no tax here this weekend so that helps too.It is not an issue per se. It is just how the 3rd generation coupons work. They will not work unless there is an item(s) to which no product coupon is attached. You need >=$10 of product(s) to which no product coupon is attached to get $10 taken off. If the non attached product(s) is <$10 then you get that product(s) for free. Always give the new app coupons after the product coupons or the product coupons will not attach as the app coupon will prorate to the items and prevent the product coupons from attaching.

OK, that makes sense, thanks!

On a separate note -- one other thing I noticed with the 25% off in rewards coupon + photo paper coupons the other week (maybe this has already been noted). It looks like I'm getting slightly more rewards than I was expecting (no complaints!) -- for example, I purchased:

$200 MC gift card
$6.95 MC gift card fee
$14.99 x 4 photo paper
-$2.00 x 4 photo paper coupons

with $12.99 = 12.99 x 4 x 25% expected back in rewards.

However, I am getting $14.54 in rewards back vs. $12.99 since the $2 photo paper coupons were allocated to the gift card + MC gift card fee too (on staplesrewards.com that is -- the store receipt has correct coupon allocation).

I have noticed this as well with the recent 5% rewards on everything. If I purchase any non-rewards-earning, non-coupon item like a gift card, Staples still allocates coupons (and rewards redemption) to that item on staplesrewards.com. So the other items I purchase end up getting more 5% rewards (or 25% rewards as above) than expected.

Floydian said:   ...On a separate note -- one other thing I noticed with the 25% off in rewards coupon + photo paper coupons the other week (maybe this has already been noted). It looks like I'm getting slightly more rewards than I was expecting (no complaints!) -- for example, I purchased:

$200 MC gift card
$6.95 MC gift card fee
$14.99 x 4 photo paper
-$2.00 x 4 photo paper coupons

with $12.99 = 12.99 x 4 x 25% expected back in rewards.

However, I am getting $14.54 in rewards back vs. $12.99 since the $2 photo paper coupons were allocated to the gift card + MC gift card fee too (on staplesrewards.com that is -- the store receipt has correct coupon allocation).

I have noticed this as well with the recent 5% rewards on everything. If I purchase any non-rewards-earning, non-coupon item like a gift card, Staples still allocates coupons (and rewards redemption) to that item on staplesrewards.com. So the other items I purchase end up getting more 5% rewards (or 25% rewards as above) than expected.
Yep. The one case where proration can work for you. Normally most people wouldn't buy gift cards from Staples with the fees unless you have an Ink card(s) as they cannot be discounted by coupons or rewards. The more $ of gift cards you buy the better the proration of the coupons allocated to the gift cards.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Lumpy05 said:   Mr Cheap

1) check your coupon wallet at staplesrewards.com, it's possible the same q's are there w/o the limit 1 wording.

2) what I do is.....I print a q for each item I'm going to buy. if limit 4, I print 4 q's and hand in a q' for each one in ONE transaction. Obviously the ones w/o the limit 1 wording are the best to use, to avoid cashier hassles.

It worked, 2 coupons for 2 items. Didn't know till now...

Thanks, OP. $11MM + CashBack + Rewards + Free Pens!

Purchased:
4 x Photo paper
4 x Pastel paper
2 x Hammermill paper
1 x Pilot pens
6 x 1c Tissues
6 x 1c Notebooks

Coupons in order:
4 x Photo paper
4 x Pastel paper
$5 off $50 weekly ad coupon (cashier entered it without me asking)
$10 off $50 Staples App generated coupon

Total $56.30 + tax = $61.51
Rebates $69.19
Paid with Staples GC so 5% back in Staples rewards

is Staples app coupon any different than coupon wallet coupons & email coupons?

nortotron said:   is Staples app coupon any different than coupon wallet coupons & email coupons?Yes -- you check in to a store using the app and then it gives you different coupons (I got a $10 off $50)

MISTERCHEAP said:   
Coupon Codes
Note: Some Staples will allow you to tell them the code verbally. Take advantage of this if they do as there will be no terms for them to read and you don't need to print out 4328943982 coupons.

OP, what is this coupon code for ? " 4328943982 "
Also would had been nice if Sku's of the items were posted as u usually do.

Thanks

MysteriousGirl said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   
Coupon Codes

Thanks

"4328943982 " is short for "a whole lot of"; it was, in effect, a random number generated by some unknown means.

Anyone have the code for the expired 10 off 50 coupon? Tia

MysteriousGirl said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   
Coupon Codes

Thanks

SKU's are posted in the main weekly Staples thread for 8/11-17

Skipping 22 Messages...
ShakuniMama said:   mathfaster said:   aarzi said:   Am I correct in understanding that if I buy 4x photo paper and 2x ream, and use 6 product coupons, then I cannot use 5/50 coupon? I either have to forgo 1 ream coupon, or buy $5 worth of fillers?

TIA!
That only applies if using a mobile app coupon. 5/50 works with product coupons attached to an item while the mobile app coupons do not with the 3rd gen coupons that came out 2 weeks ago.
Lets see if I got it right- Hammermill paper & pens will "absorb" $15 off worth of app coupon.
App coupon only prorates now to items that do not have product coupons attached which is why the product coupons are given first before the app coupons. If mobile app coupon is given first it prorates to all items preventing any product coupons from attaching. 20% acts like a product coupon. So, in order to maximize the value of the mobile app coupons you need product w/o product coupons to absorb the discount of the app coupons. IF you leave off any product coupons like say for the Hammermill, the app coupon will discount those items.

ETA: Or you can add items to the transaction if everything has product coupons attached and basically get free items OR heavily discounted items. IF all your product has product coupons and you add items and use a mobile app coupon, it will only discount the value of the items UP TO the value of the app coupon. E.g. add 2 penny items and a 10/50 and you get a 2 cent discount. Add a $10 item and a 10/50 and you get $10 off.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014