Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Onkyo HT-RC560
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

According to staff over at Woot, "Our unit is the 2013 Onkyo RC560. It is a custom unit similar to the Onkyo TX-NR626 made just for Woot."

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, that would explain why I can't find this receiver anywhere other than the Onkyo website. The specs look good and I'm tempted to pull the trigger. Does anyone have any experience with Onkyo AV receivers?

dollarshort said:    Does anyone have any experience with Onkyo AV receivers?

I have one from several years ago. It is a step or two up from this (TX-RC180).
Onkyo have a reputation for having lots of features for the money, along with good
sound. I found that to be the case.

For receivers of mine's vintage, Onkyo had trouble with the HDMI circuits overheating
(this was not Onkyo's problem alone), and a lot of people had to have the HDMI board
replaced (under warranty usually, or with a special unadvertised free warranty
extension). The problem might have been caused by the newish non-lead ROHS solder
not being as good as the old lead-based solder was under heat/cool cycles.

In any case, I think that the problems have been pretty much resolved. DO make sure
you pay attention to the ventilation requirements you'll find in your user manual.
With today's receivers, putting them in an enclosed area is never a good idea.

One of the best places to keep up with what's going on with audio gear is http://www.avsforum.com
There's a receiver sub-forum, look for recent Onkyo posts there.

The HT-RC560 appears identical to the TX-NR626, and as such it is a very good deal indeed. There is a very slight difference in the specs when you compare the two under "3-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry" - this is probably a "typo", but there's a post on the 'net that includes a message from an Onkyo rep that they are the "same build".

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014