• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get a $25 Walmart eGift Card with your first Xoom money transfer of $100 or more.

1. Send your first Xoom money transfer of $100 or more from WalMart.xoom.com

2. Get a $25 WalMart eGift card by email, usually within one (1) hour

3. Redeem your WalMart eGift Card at WalMart.com or in store

New accounts only. Transfers from the US to another country only. Expires 10-31-2013, pr while supplies last.

Walmart
See Walmart promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Xoom
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I need a 25 gc please

giselunangel (Oct. 28, 2013 @ 5:20p) |

Sorry, didnt check into this thread earlier- 

I created 2 different accounts and sent it to 2 different people in India. ... (more)

prastogi (Nov. 02, 2013 @ 3:35p) |

Happy new year

jason4980 (Jan. 01, 2014 @ 11:38a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Any additional fees? Is this different from Xoom.com?

Just tried to login with Xoom account and it worked. That means it is same as Xoom.com sad I already have account there...

manimiao said:   Just tried to login with Xoom account and it worked. That means it is same as Xoom.com sad I already have account there...

I was in the process of replying to you when you answered your own question, LOL. Anyay, for posterity:

"WalMart has partnered with Xoom to offer you easy money transfers to 30 different countries. This website is owned and operated by Xoom Corporation, as part of its partnership with WalMart.com. Any transaction you initiate on this site will be processed by Xoom and its processing partners. WalMart.com is not responsible for the products, delivery or customer service from this site. All comments and questions should be addressed directly to Xoom.com."

Gift card arrived immediately. Thanks OP.

manimiao said:   Any additional fees? Is this different from Xoom.com?

"Your credit card company may charge additional fees if you Pay with your credit card. Xoom.com Transfer fee: 4.74 USD "

Does any CC not charge additional fees??

That Nigerian price is finally going to get my money, and I get something back!

vickh said:   manimiao said:   Any additional fees? Is this different from Xoom.com?

"Your credit card company may charge additional fees if you Pay with your credit card. Xoom.com Transfer fee: 4.74 USD "

Just go with bank transfer IMO, less complicated, cheaper and there are no such open questions....

fivetalents said:   Get a $25 Walmart eGift Card with your first Xoom money transfer of $100 or more.

New accounts only. Transfers from the US to another country only. Expires 10-31-2013, pr while supplies last.

Thanks, OP. just did it and received my $25 wallymart GC in less than 5 mins after the transfer. Wow...the speed is amazing...only 4 hours??? I will have to re-evaluate the other way I use for transferring money to my country. This is super fast, convenient and fee-free over $1K...plus you know exactly what rate you are getting at the time of transfer (instead of on the day of deposit in receiving country). Thanks

desidealmaster said:   vickh said:   manimiao said:   Any additional fees? Is this different from Xoom.com?

Just go with bank transfer IMO, less complicated, cheaper and there are no such open questions....

Please explain how to do a bank transfer for less than $4.74?

desidealmaster said:   fivetalents said:   Get a $25 Walmart eGift Card with your first Xoom money transfer of $100 or more.

Thanks, OP. just did it and received my $25 wallymart GC in less than 5 mins after the transfer. Wow...the speed is amazing...only 4 hours??? I will have to re-evaluate the other way I use for transferring money to my country. This is super fast, convenient and fee-free over $1K...plus you know exactly what rate you are getting at the time of transfer (instead of on the day of deposit in receiving country). Thanks

What critical financial info was asked of you over for the process?

delete

manimiao said:   Just tried to login with Xoom account and it worked. That means it is same as Xoom.com sad I already have account there...

So did you get $25 WalMart GC ?

Great deal for folks sending money abroad...

prasyell7 said:   manimiao said:   Just tried to login with Xoom account and it worked. That means it is same as Xoom.com sad I already have account there...

So did you get $25 WalMart GC ?

No I didn't try sending money cause I already have Xoom account, this offer is only for newbies.

Has anyone try to send money domestic instead? The landing page doesn't specify international only!

Only 30 countries you can send money to?

DFW06 said:   Has anyone try to send money domestic instead? The landing page doesn't specify international only!

When you go to WalMart.xoom.com it says 'Send money from US to ...' and the selection page doesn't include US. So I don't think you CAN send to US from US.

DFW06 said:   Has anyone try to send money domestic instead? The landing page doesn't specify international only!

Good question. I wondered that as well. The main offer page (https://walmart.xoom.com/money-transfer) specifies that the purpose of this co-branding with WalMart is for transfers to a choice of 30 countries, none of which is the US. When I searched the deal before posting, others sources indicated an international requirement as well. However, nowhere on the offer page or terms and conditions is a requirement for international transfers specified. Not wanting to cause anyone to create a new account, transfer money, and not get their WalMart gift card, I decided it was best to post the most restrictive requirement. If anyone reports being able to get the GC with a transfer within the US, I will gladly update the OP.

can't transfer within US

I won't get the gift card, if I use my existing Xoom.com account, right?

invisible said:   desidealmaster said:   fivetalents said:   Get a $25 Walmart eGift Card with your first Xoom money transfer of $100 or more.

What critical financial info was asked of you over for the process?

On the receiver side you'll need their bank name (in the receiving country), account number; name, address and phone number of the account holder.

On your (sender) side you'll need bank's routing number, acct #, and your info (name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth). That's it.

all of these information is typically needed by any legit international money transfer service.

russellt said:   desidealmaster said:   vickh said:   manimiao said:   Any additional fees? Is this different from Xoom.com?

Please explain how to do a bank transfer for less than $4.74?

I don't understand your question, but here is an explanation that might help:

If you transfer money FROM your bank account, the fee is $2.74 but if you transfer money FROM your credit card or debit card then the transfer fee is $4.74. On top of that a credit card company might charge you a balance transfer fee or have an interest on that balance transfer if not paid back within a statement period (just like a regular credit card balance).

Been wanting to try Xoom. Gift card came within 15 minutes of completing the transacction. However, between Xoom's fees and a poor FX rate, Xoom is about 7% more expensive than just using an ATM to withdraw funds from my US account on a $100 transaction. I still come out ahead here with the $25 giftcard, but not sure I'll be using Xoom again except in a pinch.

Can I transfer to my own NRE account in another country and get gift card?

Yes, I transferred money from my own US account to my own non-US account, and I received the bonus.

Xoom offers one of the worst currency exchange rate to India (SBI offers the best and ICICI is decent) in Rupees. But I will take this offer for the gift card.

geewitz123 said:   I won't get the gift card, if I use my existing Xoom.com account, right?

Can someone, please reply? Do I need to create new xoom account?

@geewitz123 - It says "1st Money Transfer". Doesn't say the account has to be new (created with some promo code or so). I have xoom account for many years, but yet to make a transaction and planning to use it. Hope it will work.

Not really a good exchange rate for the Euro, they are really taking quite a large cut. Obviously worth it for the 25 GC but otherwise doesn't look like a good deal.

They mandate that the account is newly created. It can't be used with an existing account

you can use another email to create a new account

ktakos said:   you can use another email to create a new account
and new bank account as xoom wont accept the same bank account in two different xoom accounts.

IndianInUSA said:   Xoom offers one of the worst currency exchange rate to India (SBI offers the best and ICICI is decent) in Rupees. But I will take this offer for the gift card. is it not possible to send USD unconverted? Western Union offers this although receiving party must be vigilant as host nation reps can be scandalous. I plan to use this for the GC (to Philippines) but not if they force conversion as that will kill more than 25 of my money abroad.

Xoom wires the money so plan on $15-25 incoming wire fee at receiving bank. Coupled with poor exchange rate deal is a net loser. XE.com does offers electronic transfers to my bank so no wire fees plus ~200 basis points in better exchange rate.

but is exchange required? w.u. allows sender currency direct transfer, hard to believe xoom would not

anybody used TransferMate http://www.transfermate.com ?

Did someone receive the coupon if you already have a Xoom account and still transferred using WalMart.xoom.com?

yes, but you can use you atm or a credit card not on file with them(if you have it on file delete them first)

Skipping 26 Messages...
Happy new year

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014