• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$50 Dell promotional egift card when you purchase $300 Dell egift card.
Here is the link
https://dell.cashstar.com/gift-card/buy/?delivery=EM&ref=dell1

Member Summary

Dell eGift Card
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This would have been very nice for the Latitude 10 Essential deal...

It's a good deal to be used in conjunction with this deal though.

dollarshort said:   It's a good deal to be used in conjunction with this deal though.

Are you saying to buy the $300 egift card. Get $50 Promo card.
Use it on the $267.99 Samsung 37" TV. That will leave me with $30.01 remaining on the ecard.
I will then get $125 Promo card for the TV purchase.
OOP is $300. I will then be holding $30.01, $50 and $125 in egift cards, which comes to $205.01.
The TV would come to be about $95. Wow!!

Promotional eGift Card expires 90 days from date issued and cannot be consolidated with any other card.

Oh damn! I just ordered the 32" tv before I saw this. Nice post. Now i have to try to cancel my order.

f2000sa said:   Promotional eGift Card expires 90 days from date issued and cannot be consolidated with any other card.

You can use two egift cards for a single order though.

I've read in other posts that you can use the promo egift card to buy a regular (non-expiring) gift card.

Anyone have direct knowledge?

So my question is, can I use this to basically save an additional $50 off the UltraSharp U2713HM 27-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with LED = $597 - $179.10 (30%) = $417.90 from the monitor thread, effectively paying $351 for it after 4% CashBack?

tangster said:

"Are you saying to buy the $300 egift card. Get $50 Promo card.
Use it on the $267.99 Samsung 37" TV. That will leave me with $30.01 remaining on the ecard.
I will then get $125 Promo card for the TV purchase.
OOP is $300. I will then be holding $30.01, $50 and $125 in egift cards, which comes to $205.01.
The TV would come to be about $95. Wow!!"

There will be tax added for your state and an environmental fee so the TV will cost you $120-$130. I went through shop discover and after taxes and the environmental fee, after the 10% Cash Back through shop discover and the $125 Dell e-gift card, the TV out the door was $140. That was the route I chose as I will not be needing the additional Dell e-cards and will probably sell the $125 card I get on eBay. Either way, it's a smoking hot deal.

The 32" Samsung TV Deal is dead now.

towerofshred said:   I've read in other posts that you can use the promo egift card to buy a regular (non-expiring) gift card.

Anyone have direct knowledge?

I would like to hear more about this, I never had luck trying it.

Be mindful, too, that you can only use one GC per order, and you cannot merge a promo GC with a regular GC. What I did not try was to purchase a regular GC with the promo GC.

GWBush said:   Be mindful, too, that you can only use one GC per order, and you cannot merge a promo GC with a regular GC. What I did not try was to purchase a regular GC with the promo GC.

Somebody right above you just claimed the opposite

Knocks said:   GWBush said:   Be mindful, too, that you can only use one GC per order, and you cannot merge a promo GC with a regular GC. What I did not try was to purchase a regular GC with the promo GC.

Somebody right above you just claimed the opposite

And because you read it on the internet it must be true? I did my due dilligence, I can only report what my findings are. You are free to wishfully believe anything you want. Read the fine print, you can combine two GC, just not any Promo GC which the $50 GC is.

And I would be more than happy to be proven wrong, since I would much prefer being able to use up the $300 GC that I am having to keep for the next deal than to be right. There is no profit in being right.

GWBush said:   Be mindful, too, that you can only use one GC per order, and you cannot merge a promo GC with a regular GC. What I did not try was to purchase a regular GC with the promo GC.

You can use up to three payment methods when ordering through the chat or over the phone. So either gift card, gift card, credit card. Or, if three gift cards will cover the entire balance, you can pay like that. I have purchased items from Dell with three gift cards many times.

Have not had any luck ordering regular gift cards with promo gift cards though. My orders always got cancelled.

How long does it take for the promotional card to arrive?

About as long as the $300 GC.

Kev

Got my promo card as soon as I confirmed the purchase.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014