• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ok. There is a similar post to this up but it doesn't really go into any details about the differences and it was really regarding the Essentials version of the tablet and the OP didn't include some important information for those who may be looking to buy a more full version of tablet. For the price difference it's a no brainer in my book to go for standard for just a little bit more money.

Information first. There are 3 types of Latitude 10 tablets, they are: Essentials, Standard, Enhanced Security. For the purpose of this deal I went with the Standard version. I've included a great PDF for more information below on the difference between the two. My biggest pluses for going with the standard were: Removable Battery, Digitizer for Active Stylus, GPS, Micro HDMI, Micro USB charging.

Latitude 10 Differences

First this is a two part deal. Start by getting your Dell Gift cards Here

This will give you the $350.00 gift cards. You can not stack them online but you can over the phone. I confirmed 3 orders today and so far 7 other friends confirmed getting the same deal.

Once you have your cards ready call Dell outlet at: 1-888-518-3355, choose option 3 to place your order.

Dell Inventory Search I'm including the link for inventory but this is a phone only deal as the Gift Cards will not stack online.

To get the Standard Version you will want to tell them you want Latitude 10 Standard - $475.00, this minus your 30% (FBDX99605PW3S3) should net you $322.50 and then add in your local tax. Mine was $21.04, so my total was $353.04 - my Gift cards of $350.00 for a total of $3.04 on my cc plus the $300 for the gift cards made my total $303.54 with tax included.

I ordered the Essentials first for 259 but cancelled after putting together this deal. I got an additional 32gb of space this way in a 64gb tablet with Windows 8 pro and all the other pluses of the standard version for about 44 bucks. Well worth a post I would think.

This is the line item for the Latitude 10 Standard - V7W8N 1 BASE,NBK,LAT,CTO,ST2
This is the line item for the Latitude 10 Essentials - 4J3F4 1 Base,Notebook,Latitude,Balanced Technology Extended,ST2E

Notice the ST2 vs the ST2E. If you got the E version then you miss out of the GPS, MiniHDMI, Digitizer, and MicroUsb Charging and replaceable battery.

Happy Hunting guys. For around 300 bucks and a solid tablet with Windows 8 pro I had to jump on it.

Also I found a good deal on replacement active stylus as well. $19.99 plus shipping (Free Shipping over $99)

Dell Consumer
See Dell Consumer promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Dell Latitude 10 Standard
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
wow they sent me a model with the upgraded battery! i bought the $475 refurb model, dont know if this model included the... (more)

RiceBOX (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 3:17a) |

wanted to close out my issue on this thread.   

After much calling and waiting, it turns out the CSR who cancelled my orde... (more)

du2011 (Aug. 23, 2013 @ 5:06p) |

Got mine today, looks good so far. By the way, mine is standard version, but can't find the GPS feature on it. Any ideas... (more)

lovecd (Aug. 24, 2013 @ 2:09a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

One question...once you order the Dell cards...how long till you get them?....Are they a physical product or can you use them as soon as you order them?

Great work on explaining this to us.

SO the 50 e gift card arrives immediately? The 30% off expires today so unless it is immediate, this is not a good deal.

I just noticed this on their site about the cards...

Email Delivery
Send the eGift Card directly to your friend's email inbox. Typically delivered within hours, if additional verification is required, delivery may take up to 24 hours. You'll get notified as soon as your friend views their gift

Well-crafted post. Green to you.

Note on my delivery times for the gift cards was 2 minutes. I got 4 emails from Dell almost all at once. So I would expect delivery of both the 300 and the 50 to be near immediate baring no problems. Mine were about 2 minutes for all 4 to arrive.

Thanks. After reading many reviews, the 64GB or the standard appears to be a better choice just as OP has said. The only reason I am not jumping on this one is the use of gift cards instead of credit cards to purchase it. I usually purchase all my gadgets with credit cards so that I can benefit from extended warranty from the card companies.

raspino said:   Thanks. After reading many reviews, the 64GB or the standard appears to be a better choice just as OP has said. The only reason I am not jumping on this one is the use of gift cards instead of credit cards to purchase it. I usually purchase all my gadgets with credit cards so that I can benefit from extended warranty from the card companies.

I actually purchased my gift cards with my rewards credit card. From there I put the remaining balance of 3.54 for each transaction on my same rewards card as well because any electronics purchase on my card gets an extended warranty for an additional year. I spoke to the card company and they told me that the entire balance need not be placed on the card and that I could do a split / pay transaction and as long as any of the purchase was put on my card the extended warranty would apply. So you might want to give the cc company a call.

I know for now 1 year factory from Dell is great as well as an additional from my rewards card. However I doubt I'll keep these that long. I will be shopping for a surface 2 haswell by then I'm sure.

Plus with this deal you get the 64gb and the standard version for just a little more.

The danger of not putting the total amount on the card is that you're essentially covered for the amount you purchased the item with the card. Essentially, you will get a refund for the amount on the credit card you used to purchase the item.

prologix said:   raspino said:   Thanks. After reading many reviews, the 64GB or the standard appears to be a better choice just as OP has said. The only reason I am not jumping on this one is the use of gift cards instead of credit cards to purchase it. I usually purchase all my gadgets with credit cards so that I can benefit from extended warranty from the card companies.

I actually purchased my gift cards with my rewards credit card. From there I put the remaining balance of 3.54 for each transaction on my same rewards card as well because any electronics purchase on my card gets an extended warranty for an additional year. I spoke to the card company and they told me that the entire balance need not be placed on the card and that I could do a split / pay transaction and as long as any of the purchase was put on my card the extended warranty would apply. So you might want to give the cc company a call.

I know for now 1 year factory from Dell is great as well as an additional from my rewards card. However I doubt I'll keep these that long. I will be shopping for a surface 2 haswell by then I'm sure.

Plus with this deal you get the 64gb and the standard version for just a little more.

raspino said:   The danger of not putting the total amount on the card is that you're essentially covered for the amount you purchased the item with the card. Essentially, you will get a refund for the amount on the credit card you used to purchase the item.

prologix said:   raspino said:   Thanks. After reading many reviews, the 64GB or the standard appears to be a better choice just as OP has said. The only reason I am not jumping on this one is the use of gift cards instead of credit cards to purchase it. I usually purchase all my gadgets with credit cards so that I can benefit from extended warranty from the card companies.

Ah mine is different. The warranty portion of my rewards card says 1 year extended and if not repairable then a like product will be used to replace. It doesn't refund any actually money during the warranty period. But I get where you are coming from.

My question is this...when you go to the Dell site for the tablet, and pick one, why is the price range different? I know for some it has to do with what else is installed, but for most they appear to be the same.

sideoutjj said:   My question is this...when you go to the Dell site for the tablet, and pick one, why is the price range different? I know for some it has to do with what else is installed, but for most they appear to be the same.'

Online you can't really tell but if you call the more expensive ones normally come with some options such as a 4 cell battery or a stylus or extended warranty etc....

I find you can save money and do things after market and save money but some may want that added functionality out of the box with a slightly more expensive system. Like now you can get the 79 dollar 4 cell battery at a 30% discount from the original system price so you can save money that way.

prologix said:   raspino said:   .... I spoke to the card company and they told me that the entire balance need not be placed on the card and that I could do a split / pay transaction and as long as any of the purchase was put on my card the extended warranty would apply. So you might want to give the cc company a call.

Hmmm...I would call your CC again and get that statement in writing. If true they will have no problem providing you a letter of coverage for the transaction (AMEX will do this for anycredit card benefit covering a transaction) or at the very least they can point you to their website where they have the extended warranty benefit terms of service that states the purchase not need to be paid in full to be eligible. I am willing to bet the TOS for your card has no such claim. Unless you have it in writing the rep's statement is useless later.

Oh I wouldn't state it if it wasn't in writing. Trust me a Rep moves on down the road but the TOS is the bible. Well until they feel free to change it. Use to be 2 years but those were the good old days when I had a year of price match on electronics. Now that doesn't even exist.

cnIsfg said:   prologix said:   raspino said:   .... I spoke to the card company and they told me that the entire balance need not be placed on the card and that I could do a split / pay transaction and as long as any of the purchase was put on my card the extended warranty would apply. So you might want to give the cc company a call.

Hmmm...I would call your CC again and get that statement in writing. If true they will have no problem providing you a letter of coverage for the transaction (AMEX will do this for anycredit card benefit covering a transaction) or at the very least they can point you to their website where they have the extended warranty benefit terms of service that states the purchase not need to be paid in full to be eligible. I am willing to bet the TOS for your card has no such claim. Unless you have it in writing the rep's statement is useless later.

I would agree. I've spoken to a couple of my CC's about their extended warranty coverage, and all have said that you are only covered for the amount charged on the card. Also, I have not heard of a non-manufacturer warranty actually buying you a replacement -- they just refund the money that you paid for the item. In this case, if the tablet breaks during the extended warranty period, you would just get back the few bucks that were put on the card.

Another thing to note is the Dell Latitude supports SDXC cards so you can easily add space such as a 128gb Sandisk. However don't buy anything over 35mbs because it looks like the reader is attached via the USB 2 bus.

too much work...

Deal's not for me but one of the best posts I've seen in a long time.

Prologix...I think you fat-fingered the initial total for the percentage off...you posted $322.50 when it is actually $332.50'. The rest is spot on. I just ordered it.

475.00 minus 30% = $332.50
My tax was $21.60 for a total of $354.10

Used the two gift cards (which were emailed to me within a minute) so my credit card was charged $4.10

Thanks a lot for the great post.

Darn, just got a nexus 7 FHD wondering if I should just stay with my Nexus 7 gen 1 and go for this instead of the nexus 2.

Good post! $70 more than the essentials deal and no extended warranty... I need to think hard...

ahcool said:   Good post! $70 more than the essentials deal and no extended warranty... I need to think hard...
lol... same here, I have ordered the 32Gb version for $260 and just $50 more I would get Removable Battery, Digitizer for Active Stylus, GPS, Micro HDMI, Micro USB charging.
It would be nice to have 64Gb, but I am careless for need for space as this would be just better than my netbook and I dont store much stuff on it besides backup my iPhone.
I still dont understand why did I order mine the first place and still thinking why not re-order one last night to get 32Gb version for $200 when I realized there is a free $50 eGift to use.
I guess lazy person kills a deal.. lol

Anyway deal wont last... happy shopping

I ordered the essential version and it's on it's way. If I return it unopened will I be subject to the 15% restocking fee?

mlf50 said:   I ordered the essential version and it's on it's way. If I return it unopened will I be subject to the 15% restocking fee?Decline the delivery and have it sent back.

Well this deal is still good however I wan't able to call and combine the gift cards so I have a extra 50 to spend at Dell.. Good deal, thanks OP

karmasalad said:   cnIsfg said:   prologix said:   raspino said:   .... I spoke to the card company and they told me that the entire balance need not be placed on the card and that I could do a split / pay transaction and as long as any of the purchase was put on my card the extended warranty would apply. So you might want to give the cc company a call.

I would agree. I've spoken to a couple of my CC's about their extended warranty coverage, and all have said that you are only covered for the amount charged on the card. Also, I have not heard of a non-manufacturer warranty actually buying you a replacement -- they just refund the money that you paid for the item. In this case, if the tablet breaks during the extended warranty period, you would just get back the few bucks that were put on the card.

I can confirm this with AMEX. They only paid me the amount I put on the card for the purchase, an Iphone 4 in my case, part gift card, part credit card.

Yes, I also re-ordered to the 64GB, I thought the only difference was the SSD and wacom digitizer. Luckily i already have a buyer for the 32GB.

End up paying 300 for the gift cards (300+50) and around 10 dollars after that.

hmm now for a stylus, 20 bucks sound ok but 9.99 for shipping? outrageous, can any digitizer pen work? i found some on eBay for like 15 bucks but they are for different brand laptops.

I really want a windows tablet. But the damn resolution on this tablet is too low for reading handheld. I am used to kindle fire and i dont know how good this will be.

It's good this deal is getting more visibilty. I did post the same deal a day and half before in the other thread. Your post goes into a lot more detail though.

I got mine with the the additional 4-cell battery. It doubles the run time and some of them are the exact same price

You probably need to search and find a device and put it in your cart, so that you have a device id to give to the phone rep. While you are ordering on the phone mm they can have you remove it from your cart and then immediately put it om the phone order.

Btw. It says additional 4-cell. Not sure if this means it comes with both batteries or just the 4-cell. I wanted the bigger battery though.

LvBrknHrt said:   too much work...

Sorry about that. I'll be right over to deliver you a device for $300. You can pay me in cash, barter, or Cheetos. Anything that pleases you your highness.

Bad. After I purchased the gift cards, coupon is expired! Anybody know how to cancel the gift card purchase? Thanks.

Well-crafted post. Green to you.Thanks!

fuqiang said:   Bad. After I purchased the gift cards, coupon is expired! Anybody know how to cancel the gift card purchase? Thanks.

I tried it also, 30% coupon expired. I believe the deal is dead.

OP, thanks for the detailed post - green for you!

I was late to the party yesterday, and by the time I called, the outlet phone line was closed. I ended up ordering online, and not able to stack the Promo Gift value ($50). Called just now to see if I can retroactively apply it, but seems they are not working today either.

Great deal nevertheless, worst case, I have 90 days to use promo gift card.

And the deal is dead, 30% coupon expired yesterday. That's why I had to order online even though I knew I wouldn't be able to stack the promo gift card.

Same here. Perhaps we can ue this $50 card to buy some accessories such as dock. Is there any others you think worth to buy to use with this tablet?
du2011 said:   OP, thanks for the detailed post - green for you!

I was late to the party yesterday, and by the time I called, the outlet phone line is closed. I ended up ordering online, and not able to stack the Promo Gift value ($50). Called just now to see if I can retroactively apply it, but seems they are not working today either.

Great deal nevertheless, worst case, I have 90 days to use promo gift card.

And the deal is dead, 30% coupon expired yesterday. That's why I had to order online even though I knew I wouldn't be able to stack the promo gift card.

lovecd said:   Same here. Perhaps we can ue this $50 card to buy some accessories such as dock. Is there any others you think worth to buy to use with this tablet?

So I sent the outlet reps an email after unsuccessfully called, and attempted to do online chat. Will update if they are willing to retroactively apply the promo gift card.

As for accessories, I think the dock is probably the first thing I would get, if at all.

They have a new 30% coupon code available today, I will call them up to see if I can cancel the previous order and make a new one with both cards.

lovecd said:   
They have a new 30% coupon code available today, I will call them up to see if I can cancel the previous order and make a new one with both cards.

Thanks for the note about the new 30% coupon..

So I called Customer Service to see if I could apply the promo gift value to my existing order - was told no, so I cancelled and to re-order.  The new order didn't go through because my $300 gift card has a $0 balance.   Got bounced around a few times, one person told me a new card needs to be issued once it's used.   She transferred me to Gift Card sales, and this person couldn't help, then transferred me to Gift Card Customer Service.   Now, I am told it will take 24-48 hours for the balance to be put back in my card.   
I am in limbo as I can't place a new order until the balance is put back on my card, if true.   
Anyone has any experience with this?    When asked whether the CSR who was helping me (to cancel and re-order) should know that it would take 24-48 hours, it was repeated, "Sorry sir, it will take 24-48 hours.."     Great..  

du2011 said:   
lovecd said:   

Thanks for the note about the new 30% coupon..

So I called Customer Service to see if I could apply the promo gift value to my existing order - was told no, so I cancelled and to re-order.  The new order didn't go through because my $300 gift card has a $0 balance.   Got bounced around a few times, one person told me a new card needs to be issued once it's used.   She transferred me to Gift Card sales, and this person couldn't help, then transferred me to Gift Card Customer Service.   Now, I am told it will take 24-48 hours for the balance to be put back in my card.   
I am in limbo as I can't place a new order until the balance is put back on my card, if true.   
Anyone has any experience with this?    When asked whether the CSR who was helping me (to cancel and re-order) should know that it would take 24-48 hours, it was repeated, "Sorry sir, it will take 24-48 hours.."     Great..  

Dell support sucks.

Skipping 3 Messages...
Got mine today, looks good so far. By the way, mine is standard version, but can't find the GPS feature on it. Any ideas?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014