• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more
Disclaimer
Normally $698.25
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10909&cs_id=1090901&p_id=10235&seq=1&format=2      

20% off Discount BTSPER6

Shipping $19 to NV

27"  for $379.17 + S/H (Normally $474.17)
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10909&cs_id=1090901&p_id=10489&seq=1&format=2 

30" IPS CrystalPro LCD Monitor WQXGA 2560x1600 Display Port|HDMI|DVI|Component w/Adjustable stand -Matte / Anti-Glare for $638 + S/H (normally $797.50)
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10909&cs_id=1090901&p_id=10234&seq=1&format=2 

Monoprice
See Monoprice promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Voting History
rated:

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more
Disclaimer
Normally $698.25
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10909&cs_id=1090901&p_id=10235&seq=1&format=2      

20% off Discount BTSPER6

Shipping $19 to NV

27"  for $379.17 + S/H (Normally $474.17)
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10909&cs_id=1090901&p_id=10489&seq=1&format=2 

30" IPS CrystalPro LCD Monitor WQXGA 2560x1600 Display Port|HDMI|DVI|Component w/Adjustable stand -Matte / Anti-Glare for $638 + S/H (normally $797.50)
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10909&cs_id=1090901&p_id=10234&seq=1&format=2 

Monoprice
See Monoprice promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Member Summary
Staff Summary

I would get this, but ... I'm afraid I would get drool all over it.

I would get this, but ... I'm afraid I would get drool all over it.

has anyone returned anything to Monoprice? how easy are "easy returns"?

has anyone returned anything to Monoprice? how easy are "easy returns"?

Morro said:   has anyone returned anything to Monoprice? how easy are "easy returns"?
  I didn't return anything yet.  However, from online chart with the service people, he said if it does not meet the description, e.g., with dead pixels vs. no dead pixels as advertised, they will arrange return RMA.  However, you might want to make sure yourself.  Their online chat is pretty good.

Morro said:   has anyone returned anything to Monoprice? how easy are "easy returns"?
  I didn't return anything yet.  However, from online chart with the service people, he said if it does not meet the description, e.g., with dead pixels vs. no dead pixels as advertised, they will arrange return RMA.  However, you might want to make sure yourself.  Their online chat is pretty good.

twinclouds said:   
  I didn't return anything yet.  However, from online chart with the service people, he said if it does not meet the description, e.g., with dead pixels vs. no dead pixels as advertised, they will arrange return RMA.  However, you might want to make sure yourself.  There on line chat is pretty good.

I've never returned anything either, but their customer service is pretty solid. I've had a couple of issues resolved quickly/painlessly before (missing item from package and package lost in transit by shipper). 

twinclouds said:   
  I didn't return anything yet.  However, from online chart with the service people, he said if it does not meet the description, e.g., with dead pixels vs. no dead pixels as advertised, they will arrange return RMA.  However, you might want to make sure yourself.  There on line chat is pretty good.

I've never returned anything either, but their customer service is pretty solid. I've had a couple of issues resolved quickly/painlessly before (missing item from package and package lost in transit by shipper). 

Tempted to get one of the 30 inchers........

Tempted to get one of the 30 inchers........

can't tell what quality this thing is... and no Display Port to boot

can't tell what quality this thing is... and no Display Port to boot

Anybody have any experience with the 30" or 27"?

30" has a 5 dead pixel policy where the 27" seems to have a 0 dead pixel policy.

Anybody have any experience with the 30" or 27"?

30" has a 5 dead pixel policy where the 27" seems to have a 0 dead pixel policy.

SteelRing said:   can't tell what quality this thing is... and no Display Port to boot
  The description says that there is a display port for both 27" and 30".

SteelRing said:   can't tell what quality this thing is... and no Display Port to boot
  The description says that there is a display port for both 27" and 30".

The model for $80 more has displayport and HDMI as well. As for the quality, it's always a gamble straying from Dell or Apple (etc) who only use A+ grade panels...this may be exactly the same quality or have defective pixels in places you can't stand.
Scribby in the Overlord monitor forums said:
For reference, most of the really cheap panels on eBay are A-, and the Apple/Dell panels are A+. The Monoprice panels at one time were stated to be "A" grade, but I can't find the source to reference, although the 5 dead pixel guarantee suggests this. They are ALL made in the same factories in Korea, regardless of the quality of the run (supposedly determined by random inspection). Remember, these factories are trying to make all A+ panels all the time, and they're getting better at it, which is why the low end prices are rising (the new low end is higher quality than the old low end).

All panel grades are applied to the entire sheet once it is produced, cut, and tested.

A+ panels are perfect within the stated warranty period.

A panels are a minimum 70% / 30% perfect to some pixel anomalies within the stated warranty period. A panels can have 3/3/5 - dead/bright/stuck pixels - and be deemed A's. Now this is OR not AND. But it could be in any combination. I have never seen a panel with different types of pixel anomalies at once.

A- panels are 50% / 50% perfect to some pixel anomalies within the stated warranty period. A- panels can have up to 15 total - in any combination. The location of the anomalies plays a role here as well. You cannot have all 15 clustered in the middle of the screen for example.

The model for $80 more has displayport and HDMI as well. As for the quality, it's always a gamble straying from Dell or Apple (etc) who only use A+ grade panels...this may be exactly the same quality or have defective pixels in places you can't stand.
Scribby in the Overlord monitor forums said:
For reference, most of the really cheap panels on eBay are A-, and the Apple/Dell panels are A+. The Monoprice panels at one time were stated to be "A" grade, but I can't find the source to reference, although the 5 dead pixel guarantee suggests this. They are ALL made in the same factories in Korea, regardless of the quality of the run (supposedly determined by random inspection). Remember, these factories are trying to make all A+ panels all the time, and they're getting better at it, which is why the low end prices are rising (the new low end is higher quality than the old low end).

All panel grades are applied to the entire sheet once it is produced, cut, and tested.

A+ panels are perfect within the stated warranty period.

A panels are a minimum 70% / 30% perfect to some pixel anomalies within the stated warranty period. A panels can have 3/3/5 - dead/bright/stuck pixels - and be deemed A's. Now this is OR not AND. But it could be in any combination. I have never seen a panel with different types of pixel anomalies at once.

A- panels are 50% / 50% perfect to some pixel anomalies within the stated warranty period. A- panels can have up to 15 total - in any combination. The location of the anomalies plays a role here as well. You cannot have all 15 clustered in the middle of the screen for example.

shoman100 said:   Anybody have any experience with the 30" or 27"?

I bought the 27" CrystalPro (glossy, 1st 27"IPS at Monoprice) which had a 5 dead pixel policy several months ago and I LOVE it. No dead pixel on mine. It does have a little bit of backlight bleed in one of the cornors, but only noticable on all-black or very dark screens.... and "no backlight bleeding" is something that most manufacturers/sellers don't gauarante as far as I know.   

shoman100 said:   Anybody have any experience with the 30" or 27"?

I bought the 27" CrystalPro (glossy, 1st 27"IPS at Monoprice) which had a 5 dead pixel policy several months ago and I LOVE it. No dead pixel on mine. It does have a little bit of backlight bleed in one of the cornors, but only noticable on all-black or very dark screens.... and "no backlight bleeding" is something that most manufacturers/sellers don't gauarante as far as I know.   

I specifically asked Monoprice agent about their 27" IPS-Glass Panel Pro LED Monitor, which uses A-1 (I guess it is A dash one instead of A minus one) panel with zero defect (list price $474). He claim they will replace it if there's any dead pixel etc. The shipping was really fast. It only took 1 day to San Diego.
The only issue I had was when my computer goes to sleep, the monitor does display the desktop when it wake up. It will if I shut off the monitor then turn it back on or use KVM switch to switch if off and back. Not too big deal but annoying.

I specifically asked Monoprice agent about their 27" IPS-Glass Panel Pro LED Monitor, which uses A-1 (I guess it is A dash one instead of A minus one) panel with zero defect (list price $474). He claim they will replace it if there's any dead pixel etc. The shipping was really fast. It only took 1 day to San Diego.
The only issue I had was when my computer goes to sleep, the monitor does display the desktop when it wake up. It will if I shut off the monitor then turn it back on or use KVM switch to switch if off and back. Not too big deal but annoying.

One thing to note is that these panels are wide-gamut (aRGB) so inaccurate color reproduction for the vast majority of programs and materials. And I don't think it has an sRGB emulation mode like most name brand wide-gamut models do.

One thing to note is that these panels are wide-gamut (aRGB) so inaccurate color reproduction for the vast majority of programs and materials. And I don't think it has an sRGB emulation mode like most name brand wide-gamut models do.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014